• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid Club de Futbol

Humble Rex

Established Member
Also, I very much doubt that Mourinho would want to get rid of Higuain. He may be a ****, but he is not an idiot.

GoonerAG

I don't know why you guys want Garay so much. I think every time Real have played they have shipped a good 2 or 3 goals and is nowhere near the aggression that a Vermaelen or a Campbell in his heyday have!

If there was anyone from Real who would be worth buying, it'd probably Mahamadou Diarra for me, if he is over his injury troubles that is.

GoonerAG

Oh really? Didn't see him make a notable appearance in virtually any key match in the second half of the season, nor is he in Maradona's WC squad...

Humble Rex

Established Member
Diarra would certainly fit in here with all the other injury prone players we have...

As I think qs said in the Joe Cole thread: Anyone who wants this guy has effectively given up his right to complain about our injury crisis ever again!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
One injury doesn't mean you are injury prone. a knee surgery isn't that much of a big deal it was 10 years ago

Sottobosco

Garay played many games in second half of season. If you want to point finger at someone in Real Madrid defence, choose Raúl Albiol. Overall Garay has impressed with class on the ball and good positioning. Next step for him is to become a leader like Pepe, John Terry... and that will happen soon. As well, you have to ignore him not being in Maradona's squad, a squad with Heinze and Demichelis in it after all......

No point even talking about this as he is not for sale.

Higuaín though, yes he might be on sale because he can generate a lot of pasta and the management seem unhappy at his father [also his agent] asking for a double in salary [€1.8 million currently and looking for something close to Benzema's €6 million salary]

GoonerAG

Humble Rex said:
Diarra has barely played for 2 seasons right?

Mahamadou Diarra's been fit all season but hasn't played because he has been dropped to accommodate for all the signings that Real have made in his time injured. You know, Lassana Diarra, Alonso etc etc

But, there has been no indication that he's been injured since early 2009.

As for Higuain, well if Real are intent on selling their best striker who has been terrific for them this season, and if it is City who take him, then God help both: Real Madrid for their stupidity and the Premier League's top four for what a class player City will land!

P_Gunner

I'd hate to sign Lass. Not just because he's publicly spoke negatively about the club, but also because he apparently has a hereditary disorder than could put his career in jeopardy... and knowing out luck if we sign him it just may happen.

It'd be nice if we signed Momo Diarra or Gago.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Floating said:
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/38826/Twelve_for_sale_as_Mourinho_axe_falls_on_Galacticos.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A new clearout at Real Madrid is bound to happen as Mourinho takes over.

Out of that list, I'd take Garay, the Diarras, and perhaps Gago.

Same here. All 4 would improve us however we will enquire about none.

outlaw_member

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
I'd hate to sign Lass. Not just because he's publicly spoke negatively about the club, but also because he apparently has a hereditary disorder than could put his career in jeopardy... and knowing out luck if we sign him it just may happen.

It'd be nice if we signed Momo Diarra or Gago.

He apparently has sickle cell anemia.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dont want L.Diarra anywhere near this club again.. was a tw*t when he was here, whinging because he didnt get enough playing time in the 6 months that he was here

M.Diarra, sure, id take him.. he's supposedly over his injury, and has dropped down the pecking order.. he is a good age (just turned 29) and experience and it can get us through in the short term

i would take VDV, but he is highly unlikely.. Garay would do well here

qs

Established Member
Floating said:
qs said:
I'd be straight in for Higuain or Benzema.

We don't need another striker, and either of them would easily cost 20-26m.

We do need a top striker though and both are that. What we don't need is any more Chamakh, Bendter types who while very good just aren't in the top bracket of strikers. van Persie shows how important a top striker is if you want to be a top team but he spends half of every season out injured. Did you see how effortlessly Chelsea coped when Drogba went to the African Nations this year? Thats because they had Anelka rather than relying on Sturridge or the like.

mo50

Established Member
I'd take Lassana Diarra back in a heartbeat. For all the things he may have said/done while he was here, he's a very good player and would strengthen our midfield.

Would his ego let him come back? I don't think so.

ricky1985

Established Member
USArsenal said:
dont want L.Diarra anywhere near this club again.. was a tw*t when he was here, whinging because he didnt get enough playing time in the 6 months that he was here
Hear, hear - and not just because he's a **** - I really don't think he's that good.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
mo50 said:
I'd take Lassana Diarra back in a heartbeat. For all the things he may have said/done while he was here, he's a very good player and would strengthen our midfield.

Would his ego let him come back? I don't think so.

L Diarra would be a rival or replacement of Song thou

M Diarra can play next to Cesc with Song behind them, a much bigger force going forward

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom