• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robin Van Persie's contract situation: Signs for Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
dave_rwr said:
I have nothing wrong with the statement. At the time, and arguably still so, he was right. He basically said the same things many people on this site have been saying for years and in that light, I find it funny that he took so much heat for it. That said, the fact that he went to United of all teams is just a kick in the teeth and I think gives Arsenal fans reason to hate him.

you assume that the statement and the move to united are independent, but there's a common thread behind those

Bossa

Established Member
When alpha dog Rooney comes back then I expect some problems. Those two won't be able to play together. Rooney will hate it if RvP becomes their vocal point and I think that Rooney will be sold in the summer.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Don't agree at all. As much as it pains me, think they'll work together and be dynamite; destroying teams left and right.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I'm not sure if they will work well together. Could be some negative synergy.

The only thing I know for sure is that JVP has a worse central midfield than he would have had at Arsenal.

outlaw_member

Established Member
He's better for it, in my opinion. I feel that the wingers have been the major key to Robin's incredible form as a lone CF. I was always opposed to playing him as the lead man when we had Fabregas in the team, because he tended to drop deep in order to support his runs into the box. I feel that significantly reduced his goal threat. His most prolific season came when Van Persie no longer performed the supporting function, and he focused his energies on being at the end of the wingers creativity. United have a similar setup as we did last season with little movement from midfield, and plenty of creativity from the flanks.

titi perfection

We will see how he gets on, when he comes up against a decent defence. Everything has went his way so far, and manure have been scraping by with their customary lucky scrappy sh*te. The hattrick at the wkend was lucky at best, defender slipping leaving him all the time and space in the world, blasts it straight at the keeper hits him on the knee and deflects into the corner of the net for the 1st goal, and the ball hitting the post and rebounding perfectly at his feet for a tap in 2nd, and wtf was the keeper at for the 3rd tip that over the bar all day long.

In an Arsenal shirt things would not have ended so well for the lucky Pri*ck. We will also see what happens when he blasts some good chances wide when the pressure comes on him.

He has never convinced me at all in a pressure situation, and i will enjoy watching him crumble when the time comes this season. He is not called the glassman only because of his injuries.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Its traumatic stuff this, I didn't know he scored a hatty until I watched MOTD.

I can't even watch a Manure game anymore, im struggling tbh with this situation.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
GDeep said:
Its traumatic stuff this, I didn't know he scored a hatty until I watched MOTD.

I can't even watch a Manure game anymore, im struggling tbh with this situation.

I know exactly what you mean mate. :cry:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
the less said about this **** the better. just to help us move on.

might actually help us concentrate on the root of the problem.. can i get a "booooard"?

Camel

The Robin van Persie tea tray guaranteed to carry 10 mugs last season.

This season it guarantees the same thing. Why did he want to change clubs so badly?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Camel said:
The Robin van Persie tea tray guaranteed to carry 10 mugs last season.

This season it guarantees the same thing. Why did he want to change clubs so badly?

10 free points a season.

titi perfection

The Jury said:
Yeah, he's sh!t really. Always was. Lucky hattrick, bottler etc.

Do stop crying lads. :lol:

Yeah it does read like sour grapes. But you got to remember we were not all big RVP fans when he was still Arsenals number 1 fan, and my posts last season will attest to that. So what you read now is an honest impartial opinion, maybe not a correct one but it certainly is not an emotional fueled outburst.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I've heard that some fans sent an abusive messages to his wife on twitter! :eek:ops:

Why would some want to stoop that low?

outlaw_member

Established Member
The Jury said:
Yeah, he's sh!t really. Always was. Lucky hattrick, bottler etc.

Do stop crying lads. :lol:

Yeah, it's hilarious. Looks like they're going to discredit anything that isn't extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom