• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft SF (PL ERA DRAFT) 2Smokeyy vs albakos

Who has the better team?

• 2Smokeyy

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • albakos

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Good-Advice

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Think @albakos has a quality midfield but @2Smokeyy genuinely has an all star team.

As you can see from Dok's post, due to their longevity, people here are picturing the 35 year old version of Carrick and Scholes whilst picturing the young version of Yaya and Viera which I don't think is fair, let's not forget Viera's premier league career also consisted of his stint at City and Yaya's demise was terrible. Whilst the former stayed classy players till the end of their career.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Think @albakos has a quality midfield but @2Smokeyy genuinely has an all star team.

As you can see from Dok's post, due to their longevity, people here are picturing the 35 year old version of Carrick and Scholes whilst picturing the young version of Yaya and Viera which I don't think is fair, let's not forget Viera's premier league career also consisted of his stint at City and Yaya's demise was terrible. Whilst the former stayed classy players till the end of their career.

It's the 3v2 and the fact that none of Ronaldo, Bale, Fowler and Henry can effectively support them for me

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Nah, got nothing to do with their age. Carrick was always on the slow side physically and Scholes is a midget. It was simply the visual of two below average physical players going up against a trio of the most impressive athletes in PL history.

It'd literally be 90 minutes of this:

essien-vs-messi-2.gif

@2Smokeyy 's midfield will get completely run over here, but whether that loses him the game or not is up for debate given the ridiculous talent up top. Seems very likely they'd win a lot of the games by sitting deep and countering with 3 of the best attackers in PL history and VVD pinging long balls to the wings.

There's no chance Carrick and Scholes can win the possession battle in this game though, given they're getting ostensibly zero help from the forwards or wingers.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Proper Ferguson team that @2Smokeyy has.

Two banks of four and make sure that Carrick or Scholes feed Bale, Henry and Ronaldo in space on the counter where they’d shred you.

If they can get John Stones and Alderweireld into spots where they have to make last ditch tackles they’re in big trouble.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Proper Ferguson team that @2Smokeyy has.

Two banks of four and make sure that Carrick or Scholes feed Bale, Henry and Ronaldo in space on the counter where they’d shred you.

If they can get John Stones and Alderweireld into spots where they have to make last ditch tackles they’re in big trouble.

Had to base the style on the manager who was dominating the PL era for large parts of it. I think people are overstating the midfield, it’s an exceptional one tbf but will they be able to stop individual brilliance and match winners like Thierry, Ronaldo and Bale? Maybe one but all three? I’m not so sure. Guaranteed they’ll run Stones and Alderweireld ragged.

HK69.gif

Peak Thierry was a different animal.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Thought it's team Nachalbos !? 😭

@Nacho got that turncoat gene in him. At least @Riou waits for you to get dead and buried before grabbing someone else pocket.

Surprised @2Smokeyy is running away with this. Yeah man for man his team is better but I feel like @albakos has the kind of team that can work together and be better than the sum of its parts. Smokeyy has the Harlem globe trotters. There’ll be goals sure, but a fair amount of showboating as well and some dirty looks.

Can’t call this yet.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Nacho got that turncoat gene in him. At least @Riou waits for you to get dead and buried before grabbing someone else pocket.

Surprised @2Smokeyy is running away with this. Yeah man for man his team is better but I feel like @albakos has the kind of team that can work together and be better than the sum of its parts. Smokeyy has the Harlem globe trotters. There’ll be goals sure, but a fair amount of showboating as well and some dirty looks.

Can’t call this yet.

Do you think this is PSG? Because I’ve heard someone mention them. Neymar, Mbappe and Messi at the end of his career is not comparable to a peak Thierry imo. He was bullying teams single handedly and that’s not even mentioning Ronaldo + Bale (Maicon wasn’t heard again after he embarrassed him 😭)

Not denying the opposition midfield as it’s a great one :applause:but I think people are sleeping on the Carrick and Scholes partnership like @Juan Matas Beard mentioned with arguably two of the top 5 defenders of the PL era in Tony Adams and Virgil Van Dijk solidifying the backline.

:drool:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Do you think this is PSG? Because I’ve heard someone mention them. Neymar, Mbappe and Messi at the end of his career is not comparable to a peak Thierry imo. He was bullying teams single handedly and that’s not even mentioning Ronaldo + Bale (Maicon wasn’t heard again after he embarrassed him 😭)

Not denying the opposition midfield as it’s a great one :applause:but I think people are sleeping on that Carrick and Scholes partnership like @Juan Matas Beard mentioned with arguably two of the top 5 defenders of the PL era in Tony Adams and Virgil Van Dijk solidifying the backline.

:drool:
It’s not that so much - more that there’s a reason no one plays 2 in midfield anymore… good as they were they literally won’t get a look in here. So you’ll be counter attacking. And tbf you have some reasonably attractive counter attacking options 😘

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s not that so much - more that there’s a reason no one plays 2 in midfield anymore… good as they were they literally won’t get a look in here. So you’ll be counter attacking. And tbf you have some reasonably attractive counter attacking options 😘

People over complicate it in this era but you can’t go wrong with a 4-4-2.

Still think that XI would beat pretty much all the teams currently in the PL if I’m honest. Counter attack is City’s kryptonite just look at how Sp**s have been beating them in their last few matches with Son and Kane.

Makes you wonder…

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Had to base the style on the manager who was dominating the PL era for large parts of it. I think people are overstating the midfield, it’s an exceptional one tbf but will they be able to stop individual brilliance and match winners like Thierry, Ronaldo and Bale? Maybe one but all three? I’m not so sure. Guaranteed they’ll run Stones and Alderweireld ragged.

Yeah cause of our less than ideal midfield for ages now and our last successful periods had a top midfield, a lot will perv on the midfields.

Goals win you games and there's just no way you outscore that frontline it's not possible.

Bloodbather

Established Member

@albakos truly pushes @2Smokeyy's side into a difficult match-up with that behemoth midfield here. His defense, however, is nowhere near good enough to deal with the attacking behemoth facing it. I do think Essien, Vieira and Yaya win the midfield battle against Carrick and Scholes, but @2Smokeyy's side defends deep with Van Dijk and Adams at the back and destroys the opponent on the counter with Henry, Ronaldo and Bale.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah cause of our less than ideal midfield for ages now and our last successful periods had a top midfield, a lot will perv on the midfields.

Goals win you games and there's just no way you outscore that frontline it's not possible.

Facts.

I think our fans still haven’t learnt that part in bold tbh because as long as you have lethal gunmen upfront then you’re always in with a chance. Speaking on that, do you remember when Ferguson filled up his midfield with garbage but still ended up beating us?

BC36B678-85A0-4FA4-9121-1A88558B2E63.jpeg

Dark days :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

@2Smokeyy team's balance tbh :lol:

Stop Motion Blm GIF by Mighty Oak

In real world you're not going far with that one.

Scholes and Carrick in that team :cool:
World Record Deadlift GIF by The World's Strongest Man

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Got to love the propaganda trying to discredit ballers like Carrick and Scholes.

Let's focus on the real issue, imagine what happens when John Stones tries his usual **** vs Henry, Ronaldo, Fowler and Bale. I dare him to dribble 1 yard.

albakos

Administrator

Got to love the propaganda trying to discredit ballers like Carrick and Scholes.

No propaganda, but try playing a 4-2-4 formation against any team, not just the one I built.

4-2-4 formation reeks of desperation.

The one time I remember us using it was when we were trailing you guys 1-0 at Emirates way back in January or February of 2007.

By not wanting to lose against his old foe, Wenger threw the kitchen sink at Fergie and deployed 4 strikers. We finished that match with Henry, Adebayor, RVP and Baptista, while our midfield only had Roskicky and Cesc. Very similar to what we see here with @2Smokeyy team.

Yes we won in dying seconds through Henry's brilliant header, but had that been our starting lineup for the whole game, we'd be nowhere near winning it.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

We finished that match with Henry, Adebayor, RVP and Baptista, while our midfield only had Roskicky and Cesc. Very similar to what we see here with @2Smokeyy team.

It's not very similar. I think there's a lack of understanding of what kind of player Michael Carrick is if you think his profile is any similar to Rosicky and Cesc.

There are numerous examples of us playing like this against top teams, take Inter Milan (some would say near their absolute best at 2009 with Mourinho) in the Champions League knockouts, we smashed them. Compare the below midfields. I can tell you a 98 year old Ryan Giggs, lazy Berbatov and Ronaldo were probably not defending right? Carrick deserves so much credit.

1666942480305.png

Attachments

• 1666942139359.png
    1666942139359.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 2

albakos

Administrator

It's not very similar. I think there's a lack of understanding of what kind of player Michael Carrick is if you think his profile is any similar to Rosicky and Cesc.
Ok now you're going into the semantics, how nice.

I didn't say very similar in terms of type of players. I always mentioned that it is about the shape of the team which has(d) only two midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom