• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squares, circles and triangles : The 2023/24 statistic thread

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I think we all know that Liverpool's defence is shaky and Allison saves their butts time and time again. So the shot saved comparison above is not that surprising. But look at Raya versus Ederson. I'm so impressed with our defence. Take a bow, Mikel 🙌

Screenshot_20240217-213754.png

bergholt

I think we all know that Liverpool's defence is shaky and Allison saves their butts time and time again. So the shot saved comparison above is not that surprising. But look at Raya versus Ederson. I'm so impressed with our defence. Take a bow, Mikel 🙌

View attachment 21887
I don't particularly have an opinion on this but another explanation for those numbers could be that Raya doesn't save enough. That maybe the defence lets the same number of chances through but he lets more goals in. I haven't looked closely though.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I don't particularly have an opinion on this but another explanation for those numbers could be that Raya doesn't save enough. That maybe the defence lets the same number of chances through but he lets more goals in. I haven't looked closely though.
Hmmm, true. I guess we need to know the save percentage. But he does have the most clean sheets and we've conceded the fewest goals

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Just a few thoughts.
We are now basically playing the same as last season but inverted, Havertz is playing the same role Ødegaard did last season, very high almost a second striker while Ødegaard is now playing more like Xhaka, dropping deep alongside Rice for the build up before moving forward as the move progresses.
We now have White inverting once Ødegaard moves forward rather than Zinchenko doing the same with Xhaka, so everything is the same just on the right instead of the left.
It seems to be working better, much better having Ødegaard more involved building up than Kai, he’s so good it was almost a waste having him standing virtually upfront at times.
Also I much prefer White inverting than Kiwior who is looking much more comfortable now, not sure what happens when Zinchenko is back, think I’d just leave it tbh.
So when people are saying Ødegaard hasn’t been as good as last season because of the goals you need to factor in that he is essentially replacing Xhaka’s numbers rather than his own, so instead of him getting 15 and Xhaka 5 if he and Kai can get around 10 each you (obviously) get the same result.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Doesnt this just suggest arteta is a massive loser as he can create such impressive stats as teams that have crushed the league with more than 100 pts or high 90s, but his team will end up getting 80-85 pts.

Its a massive L ;) :popcorn: :lol:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
There is no doubt we are the best team in the competition statistically this season. Big wins in the last six games have allowed to get more aligned with what our xG and xGA stats were saying to us.

Last year, city were a fair way ahead of us statistically, despite us leading most of the season. Hoping stats leadership comes through late again this season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

There is no doubt we are the best team in the competition statistically this season. Big wins in the last six games have allowed to get more aligned with what our xG and xGA stats were saying to us.

Last year, city were a fair way ahead of us statistically, despite us leading most of the season. Hoping stats leadership comes through late again this season.

City were just better than us last season which was why I wasn't too upset that we lost out to them for the title in the end. *This* season, if we don't win the league, I'll be gutted because I feel we're the best team.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom