• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
that was something Ornstein suggested when Usmanov was bought out - I think not wanting success to line anyone's pockets but his own equates with what we know of Stan so it is possible he will cough up in the summer, especially if we can get CL next season

Just the pure thought that the very cancer, that is and has been Kroenke for us, will turn out to be the catalyst for change and success at the highest level is absolutely hilarious. Banter.

Like a messias in disguise.

say yes

forum master baiter
Josh Kroenke gives me a little bit of hope for the future of the club. Unlike his father, he seems to care more about the footballing aspect.

There are strong rumours that he was behind the Wenger sacking (after daddy Kroenke overruled the board the year before), so he clearly knows something about the sport / cares about how the club performs.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I wonder whether Kroenke was waiting till after he bought all the shares ,to invest in Arsenal . So as to keep the value at a more reasonable level .

Wishful thinking. Kroenke isn't going to spend a single cent of his own money.

Tony's nose

Couldn't care less for the rams nor the rancid owner we have. Usual gumph from the club and wouldn't trust a word that the board say.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I agree that now that the new management team is in place we need to be patient, but there is a bit in this article that is misleading.

Kroenke hasn't invested any money in the Rams, either (beyond what it cost to purchase the team, of course, same as Arsenal). It mentions the $1.6 billion he's contributing toward the stadium project, but that's a wide-ranging development project (the business that made his fortune) and is actually an enormous entertainment district that goes far beyond the Rams and will be a huge cash cow for Kroenke regardless of how the Rams fare on the field. If Arsenal needed a new stadium and he had an opportunity to develop a similar project in London, he would. It's a separate issue from investing money in the team itself.

The NFL is an exclusive club with built-in profit margins. You can't lose money in the NFL because of equally-shared TV revenue from their $27 billion U.S. television rights package and shared merchandising revenue (every team gets an equal cut of every item sold, no matter which team's logo is on the jersey, cap or whatever). Plus the NFL has a strict salary cap, so teams are spending roughly the same. Most player contracts are either only partially guaranteed or not guaranteed and the minimum salary translates to about £7,000 a week. You're not competing with Manchester Citys. Players are mostly acquired through drafts and free agency, not bought with transfer fees. It's a very profit-friendly system.

So what Kroenke (or at least KSE) have done is to hit on the right management team for the Rams. Let's hope that he's done the same with Arsenal and that the money to be truly competitive will soon be available.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I love the NFL and McVey is legitimately a tactical genius but not sure what Emery is really going to be able to learn from him given the differences between the two sports.

If we’re going down the cross-pollination route, it would be more useful if Emery could learn from McVey’s opponent on Sunday - Bill Belichick. Also a tactical genius (Sunday is effectively the apprentice vs. the master) but he’s also arguably the greatest sports manager of all time. Ferguson on steroids given that the NFL’s salary cap / draft system is supposed to stop any team dominating.

His insight on squad building and sports mentality would be worth its weight in gold.
The FA isn't going to let us cheat though so it's kind of a nonstarter.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

belichickgraphic_4x.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Sky Sport: 'Arsenal's bosses want Unai Emery to take the club to the Champions League final to emulate the success of their NFL franchise and Super Bowl contenders, the LA Rams.

This is probably the best thing to ever come out of the Kroenke's mouths in regards to Arsenal BUT this still has somewhat a 'loserish' mentality to it, do they see sporting success as getting to the final, how about winning it? We've been to the final before, all know what happened and if you dont win it no one cares. You can get to a final and still be crap in the league or have massive faults in your squad.

Probably nit-picking with the comment, but jeezus at least sound like you want to win it, getting to the final just seems as usual an interest in the commercial side of things as that is what the Superbowl weekend provides.

Everything they seem to say is always half an upside sprinkled with nonsense and fluff that reflects that they know nothing about the club, fans and football.

The longer this family has a hold on the club the more uninspired I feel about Arsenal and football, Stan Kroenke reminds me of the film 'all the money in the world' where Big Getty refuses to help his nephew out and lets him suffer, we are that nephew!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This is probably the best thing to ever come out of the Kroenke's mouths in regards to Arsenal BUT this still has somewhat a 'loserish' mentality to it, do they see sporting success as getting to the final, how about winning it? We've been to the final before, all know what happened and if you dont win it no one cares. You can get to a final and still be crap in the league or have massive faults in your squad.

Probably nit-picking with the comment, but jeezus at least sound like you want to win it, getting to the final just seems as usual an interest in the commercial side of things as that is what the Superbowl weekend provides.

Everything they seem to say is always half an upside sprinkled with nonsense and fluff that reflects that they know nothing about the club, fans and football.

The longer this family has a hold on the club the more uninspired I feel about Arsenal and football, Stan Kroenke reminds me of the film 'all the money in the world' where Big Getty refuses to help his nephew out and lets him suffer, we are that nephew!
can certainly see the seeds of Emery's sacking in a couple of years in the quotes

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

No probably about it. You're definitely nitpicking with the comment. Josh framed it that way because the Rams had only made it to the Super Bowl at the time of the interview, not won it. Obviously if you get to a final you have an opportunity to win it. I mean, why would you want to get to a final and lose? But you can't win it until you get there.

I would also point out that getting to the Champions League final last year certainly hasn't hurt Liverpool any, even though they lost. Top players take them more seriously as a destination and can envision themselves winning big things there again (even if they haven't actually won anything big for awhile).

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom