• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The rewritting history thread, or how Mikel/Arsenal turned it around. Or didn't. What even IS real?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm just in disbelief about the PR surrounding this guy and some posts put out on here, the agenda.

We've progressed a little but still no different to the level under Wenger, apart from spending more money.

Wenger was abused in 2016 for finishing 2nd with a more injured team and competed in FA Cup and CL.

I need one of you to admit that securing Champions league football with a mixture of academy talent and seasoned pros, whilst paying for a stadium rebuild is nothing new to Arsenal football club.

Otherwise I will end up just sh*tting on Arteta all summer.

One of you must atleast see a little bit why some of us just do not rate the PR and praise that comes with this process?

We've secured CL with academy talent like Wilshere, Iwobi and comical players like Gibbs so some of you are pissing me off a little bit.
When was the last time Arsenal got over 80 points let alone 84?

You guys are being disingenuous about this. Wenger couldn’t get to 80 points to save his life.

BigPoppaPump

Bro, those are actual statistics posted, not PR.

Sure the guy has good PR, but why dismiss all good analysis given, even if they are the hard numbers?

Also. Why oh why do we continuously have to drag Arsène Wenger into all of this? Why?

We need to learn that you dont have to hate Arteta because he is been given the back up and support that Wenger was not given. Its childish to behave this way.
It doesn’t even make sense if Arsène was finishing with 84 point but getting beat out by a 90+ team people would understand more but we were pathetic getting humiliated every season with a guaranteed collapse.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

This. We’re back where we were with Arsène, when it wasn’t good enough for most fans, except Arteta has a lot more financial backing from the club and a huge cult following. from fans.
Show me the last time Arsène got 84 points in the league.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You guys are being disingenuous about this. Wenger couldn’t get to 80 points to save his life.

The points don't mean anything to me in that way, it's relative to teams around you at that particular time.

You don't know what 70 points gets you 10 years from now, it's not a reliable benchmark that transcends time. Well maybe to you man I don't know.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We should always back the manager, but people pick and choose. Yesterday's failure is today's success.
Do you, or @Makingtrax for example, or anyone else supporting your position, honestly think, that if Wenger had posted a season with 84 points finishing second in 2017/18, that posters like myself would have reacted the same way we did when we actually finished sixth with 63 points that season?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you, or @Makingtrax for example, or anyone else supporting your position, honestly think, that if Wenger had posted a season with 84 points finishing second in 2017/18, that posters like myself would have reacted the same way we did when we actually finished sixth with 63 points that season?
You think him and the players could have got 84 points with all those planes, protests, rants and banners telling him to **** off. Wow! You need a course in psychology 101. Lol.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Show me the last time Arsène got 84 points in the league.
Show me the last time Sp**s, Chelsea, United and Liverpool were all so sh!t at the same time? And add to that Leicester and Everton.

BigPoppaPump

Show me the last time Sp**s, Chelsea, United and Liverpool were all so sh!t at the same time? And add to that Leicester and Everton.
I love how you added Leicester like that wasn’t the best season to win it and what happened? We got 71 points lol.

I do think Arteta was cut a lot more slack than previous managers and given a lot of investing but this season isn’t the season to be talking like this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Show me the last time Arteta went all season unbeaten, won the league, went all season scoring in every match or got to a champions league final . . . with a lot more to spend on players. It’s not going to happen and you know it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I love how you added Leicester like that wasn’t the best season to win it and what happened? We got 71 points lol.

I do think Arteta was cut a lot more slack than previous managers and given a lot of investing but this season isn’t the season to be talking like this.
You didn’t answer my question bro? 😎

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If this season is successful why did i have to stop watching Pl football because every match i spit a flurry of profanity at our bellend manager like i am demon possessed teenage girl in a Netflix movie? We just finished the biggest bottle job since Newcastle in 90s. Disaster of a season with only CL qualification to partially assuage the abject humiliation Arteta puts us through at the end of every season. Arteta is now football’s most famous and established bottler tarnishing the club heritage till he absolves himself by winning league or CL. Which frankly if he does it will be a shocking one off because he is just a bad football manager

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You think him and the players could have got 84 points with all those planes, protests, rants and banners telling him to **** off. Wow! You need a course in psychology 101. Lol.
You are not answering the question at hand and you know it. Instead what you raise is a matter of cause and effect. I am sure the negativity did hurt the club and team also in their performances, but that I think both Wenger and the players had agency. It was partly Wenger's fault that the negativity spread. If we are going to praise him for his fantastic achievements we need to hold him accountable for the failings also. Do not forget that we finished 5th and 6th in his final two seasons.

I'd love for you to actually answer my question, but I also know better than to hope for a direct answer. 😉

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You are basically describing the 2015/16 season, are you not? And this is the season you often hold up as an example that Wenger had us competing for the PL title as the fans turned on him. At times you have no shame at all. 😄

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Please calm down. Your obsession is unhealthy.
He lost out on the title to Leicester!! He failed to qualify for Europe for consecutive seasons or win the league for many years. Was past his prime for a long while since 2005. He was removed because of it. As any other club would do. Get over it and accept it.

First of all, Wenger qualified for Europe every single season he was her. He didn't lose out the title to Leicester. We had an off year just like every other top 6 club apart from Sp**s.

He was removed for failing to secure CL qualifications for consecutive seasons That's fair enough. But let's not act like he had the support of the fans though?

During his last season, he had to contend with record low turnouts.

But your boy finished 8 twice. Any top club would have sacked him by now.

So stop bashing Wenger for suffering the same thing Arteta is enjoying now.

Besides, it's because Wenger broke his own back to keep us afloat financially that we've been able to spend record amount on players nowadays.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It is very clear he has a fairly well developed vision and plan for how the club and team should operate and it has required quite a bit of change.
Wenger had the same vision but the difference is that fans just pick and choose who they like and get behind.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You are basically describing the 2015/16 season, are you not? And this is the season you often hold up as an example that Wenger had us competing for the PL title as the fans turned on him. At times you have no shame at all. 😄
Hardly! Sp**s weren’t sh!t and Leicester weren’t relegated. They’d assembled a team with players that went on to be Prem league winners like Mahrez and Kante with Vardy in his prime.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You are not answering the question at hand and you know it. Instead what you raise is a matter of cause and effect. I am sure the negativity did hurt the club and team also in their performances, but that I think both Wenger and the players had agency. It was partly Wenger's fault that the negativity spread. If we are going to praise him for his fantastic achievements we need to hold him accountable for the failings also. Do not forget that we finished 5th and 6th in his final two seasons.

I'd love for you to actually answer my question, but I also know better than to hope for a direct answer. 😉
😂 The negativity was full on and it was fans saying that 4th, 3rd, 2nd wasn’t progress. But now apparently 8th, 5th, 2nd spending a fortune on players is phenomenal progress. 😂😂😂

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom