• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
More of that infamous Jury optimism :D

I know what you're saying, I just think demand for Theo this window is at an all time low ya know? I cant see many teams really wanting him at this point even for only 90K a week.
You call it optimism, I call it the likeliest outcome!

Seriously, he wont hang around if he's not wanted. He'll take the best offer and he'll be gone. He doesn't strike me as a pain in the arse type. As I say, Im sure he's got too much pride.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
You call it optimism, I call it the likeliest outcome!

Seriously, he wont hang around if he's not wanted. He'll take the best offer and he'll be gone. He doesn't strike me as a pain in the arse type. As I say, Im sure he's got too much pride.

I get what youre saying about Theo leaving, I just have a hard time believing the rumors that Leicester or Liverpool would pay that much for him...well actually I believe Liverpool would...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You cant compare Pods situation to Theo's, and say "he was alright, so he should have still been alright". It's not as simple as that. Theo wasn't Ian Wright either, so as correct as Wrighty may have been in his analysis, it was pointless. Theo was never a poacher, but he was potent when everything was more settled around him.

What position did Wenger 'coach' him to play? I don't even think Theo knows the answer to that tbf!
It's never as simple as that with players but at the same time we can't keep making excuses for players.

I think the fact the his finishing deserts him whenever he's left out of the side combined with fact that he's generally useless in any position but the right wing shows he's a poor footballer.

Only reason he even looks good on the right is due to ten years of Wenger's coaching and tailoring of the team to suit him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hes a glorified lennon/townsend imo should have sold him when could tbh. He does well for 5-6 games then goes back to sleep. We need him gone and get someone who can pick their head up and do something with the ball!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think the fact the his finishing deserts him whenever he's left out of the side combined with fact that he's generally useless in any position but the right wing shows he's a poor footballer.
I dont think it's as easy as saying his finishing deserts him when he's out of the side. While it can, and it seemingly has, that hasn't always been the case.

While he may not be the most technically gifted, he isn't the first or last player at a top club to only excel in one position. We dont even have to look that far, do we? ;)

No that he's ever, in 11 years, been given a decent run at CF! Let that sink in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I dont think it's as easy as saying his finishing deserts him when he's out of the side. While it can, and it seemingly has, that hasn't always been the case.

While he may not be the most technically gifted, he isn't the first or last player at a top club to only excel in one position. We dont even have to look that far, do we? ;)

No that he's ever, in 11 years, been given a decent run at CF! Let that sink in.
I'm not even sure on what's being debated at this point? :lol: My initial point was that Theo has a lot of excuses made for him.

I'm just using his poor adaptation during his stint on the LW to demonstrate he's a coached footballer and not a natural one.

Özil has had good seasons playing on the right for Real if I'm not mistaken and he also won a WC while playing on the left wing. He wasn't excellent there but he wasn't absolutely useless.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not even sure on what's being debated at this point? :lol: My initial point was that Theo has a lot of excuses made for him.

I'm just using his poor adaptation during his stint on the LW to demonstrate he's a coached footballer and not a natural one.

Özil has had good seasons playing on the right for Real if I'm not mistaken and he also won a WC while playing on the left wing. He wasn't excellent there but he wasn't absolutely useless.
Not a debate per se. All I'm saying is Theo is getting it a bit rough from most quarters, and it's really not deserved. The excuses? He deserves some being made for him. Bigger excuses have been made for far better players at Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not the only difference though, first touch and running with the ball consistently better. Not saying Vardy is elite in the technical area, but it all seems to come together and work for him, at the moment anyway.
That's what it is. He puts all the attributes together consistency, and maintains a high level of intensity. He's the David Ferrer of strikers, although 'gatekeeper' to the elite would be harsh!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not a debate per se. All I'm saying is Theo is getting it a bit rough from most quarters, and it's really not deserved. The excuses? He deserves some being made for him. Bigger excuses have been made for far better players at Arsenal.
Theo hasn't been right since the Sp**s knee ligament damage. You can see him pulling out of challenges. EPL is fast and furious and there's no room for the tentative. Wenger hasn't helped by giving him so little game time, but he's got bigger fish to fry.

If he's still here after the summer the club have got to help him get over it. His game is running at people with pace, if he's overly worried about challenges he's sunk.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's definitely lost some pace. I mean he's still faster than pretty much everyone else but I feel that WOW pace has gone

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Theo hasn't been right since the Sp**s knee ligament damage. You can see him pulling out of challenges. EPL is fast and furious and there's no room for the tentative. Wenger hasn't helped by giving him so little game time, but he's got bigger fish to fry.

If he's still here after the summer the club have got to help him get over it. His game is running at people with pace, if he's overly worried about challenges he's sunk.
I cant even say Ive seen what might be wrong. Might not have had enough opportunities tbh. I thought he lost a yard well before he done his ACL, so Im not sure it's that. He said he was just as quick, if not quicker, after the injury. But then he would say that, I suppose.

Im not bothered anymore anyway. As I say, I think Wenger has had enough, so no point in keeping him around. I hope he does well somewhere else.

Swallow

This is Giroud's dry spell:

EPL 17-01-2016 Stoke 0 : 0 Arsenal 90' 6.75
EPL 24-01-2016 Arsenal 0 : 1 Chelsea 22' 6.15
EFC 30-01-2016 Arsenal 2 : 1 Burnley 90' N/A
EPL 02-02-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Southampton 90' 7.11
EPL 07-02-2016 Bournemouth 0 : 2 Arsenal 90' 7.62
EPL 14-02-2016 Arsenal 2 : 1 Leicester 90' 8.63
EFC 20-02-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Hull 23' N/A
ICL 23-02-2016 Arsenal 0 : 2 Barcelona 72' 6.29
EPL 28-02-2016 Manchester United 3 : 2 Arsenal 27' 6.03
EPL 02-03-2016 Arsenal 1 : 2 Swansea 90' 7.35
EPL 05-03-2016 Tottenham 2 : 2 Arsenal 15' 6.35
EFC 08-03-2016 Hull 0 : 4 Arsenal 90' N/A
EFC 13-03-2016 Arsenal 1 : 2 Watford 68' N/A
ICL 16-03-2016 Barcelona *3 : 1 Arsenal 18' 6.1
EPL 19-03-2016 Everton 0 : 2 Arsenal 15' 6.62
EPL 02-04-2016 Arsenal 4 : 0 Watford 21' 6.39
EPL 09-04-2016 West Ham 3 : 3 Arsenal 22' 6.44
EPL 17-04-2016 Arsenal 1 : 1 Crystal Palace 15' 6.08
EPL 21-04-2016 Arsenal 2 : 0 West Bromwich Albion 90' 7.3
EPL 24-04-2016 Sunderland 0 : 0 Arsenal 71' 6.67
EPL 30-04-2016 Arsenal 1 : 0 Norwich 90' 7.26

Of those games Theo only started 4 games and still scored 4 goals.

Some of these posts, honestly.
By ending your post with this statement, you come across as trying to say that my post was ****e. Now let's take a look at your superior and well thought post. In an attempt to refute my assertion that theo played poorly during Girouds barren spell, you cut and paste a list of matches. Now of those matches, if we take the ones we lost or drew (yea, they are the ones which cost us the league title) , he played against stoke, chelsea, southampton, man u, swansea, westham, palace and sunderland. Out of those matches, he had a grand total of 3 shots. I mean, three, trois, tres, si, 3, iii ****ing shots in 8 matches. Please come back to with some better arguments, OK?

TornadoTed

Established Member
I follow Wolves because of my Mums side if the family. I remember seeing Theo playing for Soton against Wolves when he was 16. He was absolutely electric, he was the best 16 year old I have ever seen. There was one moment when he picked the ball up on the half way line and ran past 4-5 players before hitting a shot from just outside the box, the keeper saved it but I almost couldn't believe what I had seen. The Wolves defence were terrified of him, they couldn't get near him.

It breaks my heart to see how he has turned out. A combination of injuries and lack of the right mentality have killed his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom