• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Please get rid of this guy in the summer

He's come back in the team, ruined the vibe like I knew he would and we're back to last season with chaos
For the games he started we are WWWW including wins away at Manu, sp*rs where our record has been diabolical for 30 years each. Is this some new definition of ruining the vibe that we are not previously aware of?

You saw Ode get outmuscled and lose the ball 4 times in the last game right? You saw the awful pass from Saka that almost lead to a Man U breakaway goal?

Partey needs upgrading, that’s been repeated ad-nausem, everyone agrees. He wasnt on the pitch when we lost 0-2 to Villa. There’s no need for hysteria.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
It’s not coincidence that teams have been creating more and better chances against us since he came into the side.

We would have better chance vs Villa and Bayern if he was in the team than Jorginho who was horrendous.

Have you noticed how people have stopped talking about 'Saka being doubled/tripled up' since Shaartey came back to the team?

Also we're unbeaten with Partey as Lone 6 unlike with Jorginho and Rice.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s not coincidence that teams have been creating more and better chances against us since he came into the side.
We've won 4 in a row. Sp**s and Manu away are always historically crazy games whatever the personnel, this goes back decades. The other 2 games were won 3-0 and 5-0. I don't think anyone thinks TP5 is a long term solution.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We would have better chance vs Villa and Bayern if he was in the team than Jorginho who was horrendous.

Have you noticed how people have stopped talking about 'Saka being doubled/tripled up' since Shaartey came back to the team?

Also we're unbeaten with Partey as Lone 6 unlike with Jorginho and Rice.
Look at the games Partey has played in though. Even against Chelsea, they had us reeling at 1-0 but they couldn’t finish their chances.

Not sure about Saka either, he’s been criticised plenty in the last few weeks. Even in the last game, I can only remember one pass in the second half where Partey found him early.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
12-2 since he came back including trips to Old Trafford and Sp**s away with a game against Chelsea, which are historically our toughest games. He made us even better tbh.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
12-2 since he came back including trips to Old Trafford and Sp**s away with a game against Chelsea, which are historically our toughest games. He made us even better tbh.
Chelsea had us on the ropes at 1-0 and Sp**s had enough chances to leave with a point. His influence is overstated now that his purple patch is over.

BigPoppaPump

Chelsea had us on the ropes at 1-0 and Sp**s had enough chances to leave with a point. His influence is overstated now that his purple patch is over.
You could do this for plenty of the games throughout the season so it’s not really a fair argument, if anything comes across as even more bias.

Partey is the best 6 in the team it’s pretty obvious, Arteta agrees as well. People wouldn’t be so harsh if it wasn’t for the yellow box stuff which I think is fair enough.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Guys we have eyes, Partey was getting run past by McTominay ffs - he's done physically and I don't think he has the same game intelligence as Jorginho to mask it. He's done well for the most part since he's been back in the line up but we really need to move on from him next season.

That was the worst our MF has played all season at Old Trafford - I couldn't believe at how poor our distances were between each of Partey, Rice and Ode - we are fortunate United are just awful right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People wouldn’t be so harsh if it wasn’t for the yellow box stuff which I think is fair enough.
I’ve never been overly impressed by him during his entire tenure at the club and I seem to remember you calling him overrated constantly as well.

BigPoppaPump

I’ve never been overly impressed by him during his entire tenure at the club and I seem to remember you calling him overrated constantly as well.
I’ve said lots of things about lots of players my opinions change. Regardless Arteta rates Partey highly and you can see why he always plays him when he can.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m all for moving this guy on if we get a decent offer for him.

Fact is though since he’s come back into the team we’ve won every game and looked very comfortable doing so.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I’ve said lots of things about lots of players my opinions change. Regardless Arteta rates Partey highly and you can see why he always plays him when he can.
Before the Chelsea this was his game time:
April 6 Brighton: DNP
April 9 Bayern: 4 minutes
April 14 Villa: DNP
April 17 Bayern: DNP
April 20 Wolves: 10 minutes

BigPoppaPump

Before the Chelsea this was his game time:
April 6 Brighton: DNP
April 9 Bayern: 4 minutes
April 14 Villa: DNP
April 17 Bayern: DNP
April 20 Wolves: 10 minutes
When a player is coming back from a long injury you don’t just throw them right in.

You really gonna argue Arteta isn’t a fan of Partey? Remember when he was shoehorning him in as RB?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When a player is coming back from a long injury you don’t just throw them right in.

You really gonna argue Arteta isn’t a fan of Partey? Remember when he was shoehorning him in as RB?
He was back in training in February, made his first appearance on March 4. I don’t know why he didn’t play more, but fourteen minutes in a two week span is strange. Especially when the team was running on fumes by the time Wolves away came around.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

Everyone likes the idea of Partey (the player, not the man…)

But that guy is gone man. What he brings (brought) over Jorginho primarily was athleticism. He’s a slightly better line breaker, but a slightly worse tempo setter.

But that athleticism is completely gone now. I don’t see how you can’t not get rid this summer.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom