• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Everyone likes the idea of Partey (the player, not the man…)

But that guy is gone man. What he brings (brought) over Jorginho primarily was athleticism. He’s a slightly better line breaker, but a slightly worse tempo setter.

But that athleticism is completely gone now. I don’t see how you can’t not get rid this summer.
I genuinely don’t believe it, I just see it as people desperate for him to go because of accusations.

I’ve seen players do worse and people ignore it but every one of his mistakes gets highlighted a lot more. However Arteta plays him whenever he can and is a big fan even playing him at RB. I trust Mikel.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For the games he started we are WWWW including wins away at Manu, sp*rs where our record has been diabolical for 30 years each. Is this some new definition of ruining the vibe that we are not previously aware of?

You saw Ode get outmuscled and lose the ball 4 times in the last game right? You saw the awful pass from Saka that almost lead to a Man U breakaway goal?

Partey needs upgrading, that’s been repeated ad-nausem, everyone agrees. He wasnt on the pitch when we lost 0-2 to Villa. There’s no need for hysteria.

Zero hysteria present. Had the same opinion about this guy for ages. Like I've said before, the risk isn't worth the reward with him. One game doesn't make my opinion but it's a further piece of evidence. Wins paper over a multitude of sins.

I've seen Ødegaard be one of the players of the season, as with Saka. Partey can't stay for and when he is risk reward doesn't add up

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Not really people are just extra harsh on him for obvious reasons, Arteta knows the truth.

Rice kicked somebody in our box giving a penalty and almost ending our title run back then and there wasn't this level of criticism. People are defo adding spice on his dead performance for sure.

I would like to see him leave for the obvious reasons you alluded to anyways, we don't know much about it and people won't call the performances accurately so his existence just irritates me.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Rice kicked somebody in our box giving a penalty and almost ending our title run back then and there wasn't this level of criticism. People are defo adding spice on his dead performance for sure.

I would like to see him leave for the obvious reasons you alluded to anyways, we don't know much about it and people won't call the performances accurately so his existence just irritates me.

Idk I think you guys are trying too hard to see sth.

There’s an element of truth to it, I’ve been very clear in my desire to see him out of the club for non footballing reasons and although I try to separate that I’m sure it biases how I think.

But comparisons with when a rice fks up etc is just a bit different. Rice rarely makes mistakes but more importantly he is young and improving. Partey is old and getting worse. I can understand why one gets more goodwill than the other just from this perspective. With Jorginho on the flip side he like Partey is also clearly declining but by all accounts is an incredible guy to have around behind the scenes so I’m ok with keeping him.

Even now on his day Uncle is a great player and clear of the others but “his day” comes around as frequently as them solar eclipses. It’s not even just injuries anymore either, he’s lost so much pace it’s scary.

If anything, what pisses people off here more than yellow box is the persistent injuries. Enough man here downplayed yellow box at the time.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Idk I think you guys are trying too hard to see sth.

There’s an element of truth to it, I’ve been very clear in my desire to see him out of the club for non footballing reasons and although I try to separate that I’m sure it biases how I think.

But comparisons with when a rice fks up etc is just a bit different. Rice rarely makes mistakes but more importantly he is young and improving. Partey is old and getting worse. I can understand why one gets more goodwill than the other just from this perspective. With Jorginho on the flip side he like Partey is also clearly declining but by all accounts is an incredible guy to have around behind the scenes so I’m ok with keeping him.

Even now on his day Uncle is a great player and clear of the others but “his day” comes around as frequently as them solar eclipses. It’s not even just injuries anymore either, he’s lost so much pace it’s scary.

I don't really buy the goodwill stuff, it's just a popularity contest, Rice f*cks up all the time, or calls for the ball like he's going to do a sick pass but he passes it back or sideways he just has a lot of fans so we all just take it.

I am not saying Partey even deserves fans or patience like I have done for players in the past, but if people aren't going to call the performances legit I just want him to go. This goes for Eddie, Zinchenko and whoever as well.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I don't really buy the goodwill stuff, it's just a popularity contest, Rice f*cks up all the time, or calls for the ball like he's going to do a sick pass but he passes it back or sideways he just has a lot of fans.

I am not saying Partey even deserves fans or patience like I have done for players in the past, but if people aren't going to call the performances legit I just want him to go. This goes for Eddie and whoever as well.

So let’s say hypothetically if AM gave Partey his flowers you’d want him to stay (ignoring the other stuff)? You don’t think his legs are gone? He’s done well enough in the games he’s played but it’s clear to me anyways that he doesn’t have long left at this level.

You care too much what this place thinks I don’t like what it’s done to you.

I also don’t like seeing you on the same side of the fence as BPP there’s a disturbance in the force right here.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

So let’s say hypothetically if AM gave Partey his flowers you’d want him to stay (ignoring the other stuff)? You don’t think his legs are gone? He’s done well enough in the games he’s played but it’s clear to me anyways that he doesn’t have long left at this level.

It's not even flowers he's missed the entire season, what do you guys honestly expect?

I was never high on Partey as the archives will show but the politics can get a bit jarring. Partey wasn't the only dead midfielder on the day but we got the win (just like Sp**s) so it was like whatever.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I genuinely don’t believe it, I just see it as people desperate for him to go because of accusations.

I’ve seen players do worse and people ignore it but every one of his mistakes gets highlighted a lot more. However Arteta plays him whenever he can and is a big fan even playing him at RB. I trust Mikel.
He barely played during our biggest run of games in the league and CL of the season.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It's not even flowers he's missed the entire season, what do you guys honestly expect?

I expect that if he’s been cleared fit to play then he should be able to run…

Partey used to be lowkey rapid, it was a big part of his game in terms of covering because sometimes his positioning was a bit suss and more importantly he was just asked to do an enormous amount.

He’s still got that magic half turn and release that no one else in our squad can do but I imagine we’ll be looking for someone who can do this in the summer (FDJ 🙏 ) and then I don’t see how he gets any game time.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I still maintain that Partey is a crucial player for us, and in the past few matches, he has proven that.

fute

Even at 50-60%, lumbering around on the pitch, Arteta wants him in the starting lineup. Even with his depleted ability there is something Arteta feels he contributes to the squad that noone else can.

Look, Arteta has regulated previous regulars to the bench during this title run, but not Partey.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I didn’t even want to start discourse about this because it’s so boring but I got quoted from weeks ago.

To me it just comes down to it being obvious Arteta rates him highly and is gonna put him in the squad whenever he’s fit.

Tnegs

The only relevant concern over this guy should be whether he can stay fit it’s pretty clear how good he is when hes playing. Even as a squad option if he could stay fit for 2/3 of the games I would keep him on unless we got a good offer.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Sadly injuries have ravaged him. Struggles to run or do his usual pivoting on the ball. Great player when fit and 100% but don't think he will ever be in that condition again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His physical decline has been dreadful and people may not want to acknowledge his good qualities as a player, but he has shown us, when fit, what profile we need in midfield. Get that and we will be so much better next season. I'm grateful for the monster performances and hope we can get a decent fee for him.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom