• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey (Out)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How is it written off if we let’s say sell him for £5m considering we bought him for £45-50m?

I’m wondering if it’s sometimes worse to sell them so cheap from an accounting perspective, maybe that’s why we don’t see it happening?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How is it written off if we let’s say sell him for £5m considering we bought him for £45-50m?

I’m wondering if it’s sometimes worse to sell them so cheap from an accounting perspective, maybe that’s why we don’t see it happening?

I thought if you buy him for 50m on a 5 year deal you write that off 10m a year. So he'd be 10m now worth on a 1 year deal remaining, reporting a 5m loss if we sell him for 5m.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

His contract expires in 2025 right? That means there’s ~9-10m left on the books, anything above that is profit, below is a loss. But remember you also shift his wages which is over £10m a year I believe so moving him on for nothing is break even from an accounting pov I think.

This was a purely academic post. Please don’t give me another red card @Sebastes 🤲

CannonBals

His contract expires in 2025 right? That means there’s ~9-10m left on the books, anything above that is profit, below is a loss. But remember you also shift his wages which is over £10m a year I believe so moving him on for nothing is break even from an accounting pov I think.

This was a purely academic post. Please don’t give me another red card @Sebastes 🤲

Well loss is a loss. Wages saved doesn't offset that. Also he needs to be replaced aswell which would cost good money.

Instead of selling him so low better would be to get him to sign an extension at lower salary with appearance based bonus. He gets some security with longer contract. We save salary of he is injured and can now amortization his book value over longer period

BBF

Actual money plus a Brazilian international for a guy who’s constantly injured and a yellow box?

Ridiculously good deal.

Larry David Reaction GIF

CannonBals

A player of his profile is not going to do that.

Except Saudi, any option he has currently will not pay him as much as we do. So he is going to take a paycut anyway after next year. I can see him doing that here with a chance of still getting as much if he stays fit.

If he is motivated by money he can easily earn lot more in Saudi and we can also get a good fee but looks unlikely to me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Except Saudi, any option he has currently will not pay him as much as we do. So he is going to take a paycut anyway after next year. I can see him doing that here with a chance of still getting as much if he stays fit.

If he is motivated by money he can easily earn lot more in Saudi and we can also get a good fee but looks unlikely to me.

Or he stays for the remaining year and moves then, getting a nice singing on fee to boot with a high paying contract.

He's not going to take a pay cut, let alone a pay as you play one.

That's fantasy stuff.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Or he stays for the remaining year and moves then, getting a nice singing on fee to boot with a high paying contract.

He's not going to take a pay cut, let alone a pay as you play one.

That's fantasy stuff.
I think this is the best scenario for everyone tbh. He can still play an important part next season and we won’t get that kind of quality elsewhere.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Personally think FDJ and Bruno are a level above Luiz. If #5 goes, we will need similar quality coming in to replace him.
We need similar quality regardless given his injury record. I’d look to keep Partey for next season, extend Jorginho a couple of years in an Elneny role and sign one of the three you mention as the long term solution for midfield

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need similar quality regardless given his injury record. I’d look to keep Partey for next season, extend Jorginho a couple of years in an Elneny role and sign one of the three you mention as the long term solution for midfield

I agree. With Partey when you weigh up the pros and cons of him going (on a purely football level), it probably makes more sense to keep him around for another year. The time to sell him was last summer when we maybe could have got 30odd million for him.

Move Jorginho to the ElNeny role, factor in #5 only being available for 30% of the games and bring in a proper partner for Rice and the midfield would be in an unreal position.

This would definitely require a sale though, and ESR is the main candidate for me.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom