• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey (Out)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Did you watch Arsenal last season? Partey played 2485 out of 3420 total possible minutes in EPL.

That's 73%, and the reason why Arteta rather kept him than sold him for peanuts. We have once again recently seen what a top midfielder Partey is when fit.

Any sensible person would have expected Partey being able to play at least 50% of EPL minutes, like he has every season before.

This is pathetic. And you can piss off with your condensing rubbish as well.

IMG_5753.jpeg

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amortisation might show Partey as a loss, regardless of saved wages, if we were to let him leave on a free.

There's definitely a case to be made for moving him on but without a fee? Absolutely no way, other than for an off field reason.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Amortisation might show Partey as a loss, regardless of saved wages, if we were to let him leave on a free.

There's definitely a case to be made for moving him on but without a fee? Absolutely no way, other than for an off field reason.
Be surprised if he went for free anyway. You'd have to let him go though just to replace with someone who can stay fit

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
This is the problem IMO. Jorginho is getting up there and looks slower and slower, Partey is likely to miss half the season if not more which means once you go past Rice/Bruno/Øde you're likely looking at Vieira or ESR, neither who'd be anywhere near capable of doing what Rice or Bruno does/will do.

Even if you kept everyone right now I think a cheap holding midfielder squad player is needed. Sure there are numbers on the bench but the vast majority of them can't play as a deeper midfielder and those who can are injury prone beyond belief or getting up there in age.

Guess it all depends on how much faith you have in Vieira and ESR. Once you start talking about using Havertz in midfield again you create a different problem up top so you're essentially just changing the problem area.

My main reasoning is though, that Partey shouldn't be injured as much if he's played as a back up. It maybe they want to move the wage on now regardless and maybe pick up a small fee. If Saudi or Barce are interested you'd imagine a small fee of 10-15m would be doable. But we do know Teta loves a Partey and Rice midfield

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Why is he likely next season? There’s zero evidence to say this guy will stay fit.

Everyone will be upset when Partey breaks down and suddenly our CM’s have to stay fit or else it’s a disaster.
Based on his record it’s likely he’ll give us half a season, no?

You tell me now he’s available 19 pl games next season and give me the choice to keep and leave on a free or sell for 15m there’s no way I’d sell him. That’s be ridiculously stupid imo, you won’t find that kind of value for the same money.

With that said, I’m all for going after a Guimaraes, De Jong or Luiz and have them in mind as the starter. If we want to really compete for several trophies next season that’s the kind of depth we need.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is pathetic. And you can piss off with your condensing rubbish as well.

View attachment 24185
You said he is always injured. He is not, as your screenshot shows. Especially last season he was fit for ~3/4 of EPL games, which contributed a lot for the title challenge. Absolutely no one could have predicted the worst injury of his career.

Your posting is pathetic. You just move the goal posts, and prove that you're not a sensible person. I didn't say you weren't, you just proved it yourself. Good job.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I hate to say but it might be the best to take the risk and keep him. With having Jorgi, we can go big on winger and find someone (who? I don't know. Rodrygo? He is not as productive tbh) That's the only case I might be fine with not getting an 8

Emibury

You tell me now he’s available 19 pl games next season and give me the choice to keep and leave on a free or sell for 15m there’s no way I’d sell him. That’s be ridiculously stupid imo, you won’t find that kind of value for the same money.

With that said, I’m all for going after a Guimaraes, De Jong or Luiz and have them in mind as the starter. If we want to really compete for several trophies next season that’s the kind of depth we need.

This is the point that so many people miss. No player close to world class level will sign for us just to sit on the bench, and the kind of money we would get for Partey (and others like Zinchenko) won't fund a proper replacement.

The way forward is to buy players that improve the first 11, and retain the displaced player who can compete for his place back and give us squad depth. Lets buy the best possible CF and CM we can afford, and have Partey and Jesus as members of the squad.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
If teams only want to bid 10-15m for Partey it's just worth it to keep him even if he is only fit for 20 games next season. His injury record is why we signed Rice.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If teams only want to bid 10-15m for Partey it's just worth it to keep him even if he is only fit for 20 games next season. His injury record is why we signed Rice.
The wages will play a big part here, and that will make it hard to shift him. I think the club would take an offer like the above to be honest.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
The wages will play a big part here, and that will make it hard to shift him. I think the club would take an offer like the above to be honest.
It only makes sense to shift his wages and get a fee like that if we are signing a first choice guy like Bruno G or De Jong who will be on huge wages themselves. If we signed Bruno G I could see us using Jorginho and even Lokonga as backups.

We are just lucky that Rice can adapt and play 8 or 6 at a high level, allows us to plug in a variety of midfielders next to him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It only makes sense to shift his wages and get a fee like that if we are signing a first choice guy like Bruno G or De Jong who will be on huge wages themselves. If we signed Bruno G I could see us using Jorginho and even Lokonga as backups.

We are just lucky that Rice can adapt and play 8 or 6 at a high level, allows us to plug in a variety of midfielders next to him.
I think that's exactly what we will be doing.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom