• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA champions league 2012/2013

Vibra

Established Member
Shame Dortmund lost by conceding such a jammy goal (well taken by Robben but incredibly poor defending)

Their suicidal defending today topped even our best attempts

eye4goal

Established Member
Schweinsteiger game is more about work-rate without the ball and safe Busquets type passing nowadays. I hope Ramsey can develop into a similar player for us

Invincible

Established Member
What's with all these celebrations from Bayern....don't they know that it's all about taking part in the competition.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Workrate gives them a bit too little credit. Schweini and Busquets are both one of the top pressers in football. They're tactically very very good.

Heynckes won Bayern this match by moving Robben centrally. It's nice to have a player like Mueller, who'll always be in the box in time, as ACM. But not when you've egotripping R&R not delivering (they should play to get the best out of Mandzukic and Mueller) wide. Mueller's creativity and play in narrow spaces aren't his strong points (do rate him).

Wouterus

How poor was Hummels today? Against Real in the semis as well. Didn't see his supposed footballing skills either, Koscielny is better in possession than him.

eye4goal

Established Member
Heynckes: We know Gotze will be joining us and I don't think Lewandowski will be hanging around too long either

k24bfan

My take:
Dortmund started well but Bayern grew into the match and BvB tried to scrap up some chances but couldn't physically keep up with Bayern. I think Jurgen only mistake was the gamble he made to save his subs for extra time. IHMO he should have used 2 around the 70th - 75th minutes. BvB weakness was also exposed their defensive line lacks discipline they have great CB's who can pass the ball like mids, but lack defensive fundamentals. Bayern CB's also covered space a lot better than the Dortmund one's did. Also Robert Lew didn't have his best game and they needed it. Marco Reus did what he could until he couldn't physically anymore my opinion of him grew. Javi Martinez what a player. Robben finally stepped up even though he missed like bunch of chances.

glaveror

Haven't seen the game yet but I'm happy for Mandžukić,first Croatian player to score in CL final. Incredible when you think about it actually,we had players like Šuker,Bokšić and Prosinečki but he's the first.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Really felt for BVB, it's quite hard to lose it that late in the game. Bayern deserved to win it though, bar the first 25 mins and one good chance by Lewandowski in the first half, they've had the upper hand. Hummels yet again proved how overrated he is, BVB was cut open quite easily by Bayern in the latter stages of the game.

As much as it pains me, Bayern have been the best team in Europe this season, and I assume they'll be destroying Stuttgart next weekend and make the triple perfect. Great achievement.

You ****ing dicks.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
eye4goal said:
Heynckes: We know Gotze will be joining us and I don't think Lewandowski will be hanging around too long either

"We know Mario Gotze will be joining us and i don't think Lewandowski will be hanging about too much either," he told reporters.

He then joked: "I expect [Ilkay] Gündogan, [Marco] Reus, [Mats] Hummels, [Lukas] Piszczek & [Neven] Subotic to follow. Hell, even Schieber!"

That is a ridiculously bitter thing to say after you've just won your career's biggest prize. It shows that Bayern were really hurt by the thrashings they received from Dortmund in the past two years.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I don't think Heynckes was serious there, I guess the "joke" started with the last bit of his first sentence, regarding Lewandowski. He's not that sort of man, to say stuff like that in public. That would be more Hoeneß' part, who's been quiet in recent weeks, because of his tax-crime.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Lewandoski is much better than I've given him credit for in the past, I have to hold my hands up, this guy is brilliant at what he does. Strong, hard-working, technically sound, quality striker.

I'd take him in a heart-beat.

MaestroCesc

BvBs defense was so bad, Hummels was getting exposed all the time. The Bayern 2nd goal was shocking defending. Without Gotze they seemed to lack an attacking threat in the 2nd half. Still cant believe he is leaving his hometown at 20 who are one of the best teams in Europe, seems a bit too soon.

eye4goal

Established Member
Lewandowski would be great for us, I think he'd be a perfect partner for Walcott too(seems on his way to Bayern though). Klopp has done a similar job on him to the one Wenger did on Adebayor I'd say. I think we need to get our hands on Reus, as he'll probably be the next one to leave, and I expect him to show some class and move abroad rather than to Munich

G0D

Almighty
Would be a joke if both Gotze and Lewandowski jump ship to Bayern this summer... and a masterstroke for Guardiola.

Dortmund have sold stars in the past and produced more, but if they lose arguably their 2 best players to their main rival in the Bundesliga then Bayern could monopolise the league even more so than PSG should be able to do in France. That isn't exactly great for german football either.

outlaw_member

Established Member
We should place a 40 million offer for Reus and test Dortmund's resolve. I would sign him above pretty much every player in the world, bar the obvious few. He resembles Henry more than any other since the great man himself, maybe Oxlade aside. He's a direct dribbler, glides past challenges like they aren't there, has superb close control and technical execution. He's an absolute delight to watch.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom