• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Proof

Established Member
champions_league_beams.jpg

The 2014 UEFA Champions League Final will be played at the Estádio da Luz in Lisbon, Portugal.

For the first time, the teams who qualify for the group stage will also qualify for the newly formed 2013–14 UEFA Youth League, a competition available to players aged 19 or under.

A number of 32 teams will play in the group stage: 22 teams which enter in this stage, the 10 winners from the play-off round (5 champions and 5 non-champions).

amirkat

Established Member
*Pot 1*
Arsenal
Barcelona
Bayern München
Benfica
Chelsea
FC Porto
Manchester United
Real Madrid

*Pot 2*
AC Milan
Atlético Madrid
CSKA Moscow
Juventus
Schalke 04
Shakhtar Donetsk
Olympique Marseille
Paris Saint-Germain

*Pot 3*
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Borussia Dortmund
FC Basel
Galatasaray
Olympiakos Piraeus
Manchester City
Zenit St. Petersburg

*Pot 4*
Anderlecht
Austria Vienna
Celtic/Shaktar Karadand
FC København
Napoli
Real Sociedad
Steaua Bucurestit
Viktoria Plzen/Maribor

The ones in bold still need to be decided.

Proof

Established Member
I really hope we'll avoid playing against Shakhter Karagandy. They are basically Stoke City's big brother. In the first leg vs. Celtic they played with 5 at the back and 3 of those defenders are over 6'5. They scored 2 lucky goals and have a 2-0 advantage ahead of tonight's game.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I'm watching Milan v PSV to see if Milan will end up in pot 2. PSv are going for it. Defending high up the pitch and full pressing. Opening minutes are for PSV.

Good save from Abbiati to stop a Matavz header.

1-0 Milan Boateng from 25 meters out. First goal atttempt. Well PSV had to score.

Proof

Established Member
I think Zoet could have saved Boateng's shot. I can see PSV scoring in the 2nd half, Rekik was unlucky with that superb volley.

clockwork orange

That great volley from 30 meters out was Maher.

THink Zoet should have saved that shot too. If you can get a finger on it, you could have saved it. Van Marwijk says Zoet isn't to blame, Rekik (who was at fault for closing down Boateng too late) blocked his sight.

I can see PSV scoring in the 2nd half too. Milan do not look solid at all. Having said that they know how to grind out results.

clockwork orange

Easy 3-0 win for Milan in the end. PSV wasted too many chances. Wijnaldum should have equalised after HT. If you don't score those...

Good news Celtic went through.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
we still have that buyback clause don't we? don't think many would object to that at this point :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
mavelous said:
we still have that buyback clause don't we? don't think many would object to that at this point :lol:

I certainly wouldn't, I didn't want him gone in the first place! Loads of ability.

k24bfan

Vela always had the talent. I remember telling a guy he was more of a La Liga player(person didn't buy it at the time but now loves him).

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If he had never played for us and we were currently linked with a 24 year old wide forward playing in La Liga who had around 15 goals and 10 assists last season we'd all have fingers crossed for him to sign. I understand that this isn't exactly the case and that he suits La Liga more than English football but it still pisses me off that this guy have a fraction of Gervinho's chances in a longer time span, and that we currently have f*cking Serge Gnabry and Yaya Sanogo sitting on the bench as backup.

outlaw_member

Established Member
If he has another good season, then we should snap him up. I like that he's developing his game elsewhere. Should have been the case from day one.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Have we still got that £4m buy-back option on him, or was that just for this summer?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I doubt we'd go go back for Vela (who knows though since we have a penchant for bringing back ex-players). He himself stated that he does not wish to return to Arsenal and hoped that we didn't activate the clause. His game is well suited for La Liga.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom