• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

@Sapient Hawk look at the guy, he looks so calm, unlike how he sounds with his glorious commentary :lol:

He's actually the only Arabic commentator I have time for as the vocabulary he tends to use during the match isn't as hyperbolic as the rest nor does he go off on stupid tangents that have nothing to do with the football on display either :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He's actually the only Arabic commentator I have time for as the vocabulary he tends to use during the match isn't as hyperbolic as the rest nor does he go off on stupid tangents that have nothing to do with the football on display either :lol:
The comments there often mentioned Virgil Van Maguire :lol:

Did he ever say that, or it's a meme of his commentary:lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The comments there often mentioned Virgil Van Maguire :lol:

Did he ever say that, or it's a meme of his commentary:lol:

It's a meme, but he wouldn't be the first commentator to get players mixed up.

There's one Qatari commentator, now retired for 2 years, who was a favourite of mine because he was the poster guy for the "So bad it's so good" category.

Once in the mid 2000's he was commenting on a Milan game.

This was the commentary :

"SEEDORF, TRYING TO GET PAST THE PLAYER, SEEDORF, SEEDORF!! HE'S ALMOST PAST HIM"

Apologies, our dear viewers, I made a mistake, that wasn't Seedorf with the ball, it was his teammate, Mattuso!"

Got thd player wrong not once, but twice 🤣

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why you're getting pushback for saying this, the Galacticos were a failure in anything other than marketing. Probably the greatest collection of individual talent in football history and they got consistently dicked by lesser teams.

Would be like if you lot snapped up Mbappe, Vini, Bellingham and De Bruyne this summer and then still somehow got beat to the title by Liverpool ffs.

Never mind that the Galactico era is universally seen as a disaster by the club and Perez where they got consistently sonned by Barcelona for the better part of five years.

Forget they sacked an all time great in Del Bosque and replaced him with Carlos Quieroz and then Luxemburgo who’d only managed once outside Brazil his entire career - Al-Itihad in 1984.

Also apparently doesn’t matter that whilst signing Beckham and R9 they sold Makelele. Also they didn’t sign a defender for four years then the ones they did sign were clowns like Cicinho and Carlos Diogo.

Also someone tell Arsène that this is now a great CL record if Real Madrid managed it:

1715352783029.png

It’s definitely not because the Iranian Danny De Vito himself @Farzad Stoned and an Ajax fan who only turns up on here when Real Madrid win want to score some personal points.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Never mind that the Galactico era is universally seen as a disaster by the club and Perez where they got consistently sonned by Barcelona for the better part of five years.

Forget they sacked an all time great in Del Bosque and replaced him with Carlos Quieroz and then Luxemburgo who’d only managed once outside Brazil his entire career - Al-Itihad in 1984.

Also apparently doesn’t matter that whilst signing Beckham and R9 they sold Makelele. Also they didn’t sign a defender for four years then the ones they did sign were clowns like Cicinho and Carlos Diogo.

Also someone tell Arsène that this is now a great CL record if Real Madrid managed it:

View attachment 24204

It’s definitely not because the Iranian Danny De Vito himself @Farzad Stoned and an Ajax fan who only turns up on here when Real Madrid win want to score some personal points.
Ajax? I like Arsenal. Dortmund i am fond of somewhat other than that i am neutral about other clubs and leagues. I have never been an Ajax fan except; i was kind of a fan when Overmars got caught sending D pics. It’s just a funny story. Oh i forgot that passes for trauma nowadays to uou snowflakes, oops my bad

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The first few years of the Galacticos era were pretty good, 2 European Cups and 2 League titles...it also started going tits up from.2003/2004 on, and it didn't really get fixed until about 2010/2011.

Del Bosque, Makelele and Hierro all leaving in summer 03 pretty much killed them, took their eye off the ball badly at that point and started doing things like a crazy FM save.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ajax? I like Arsenal. Dortmund i am fond of somewhat other than that i am neutral about other clubs and leagues. I have never been an Ajax fan except; i was kind of a fan when Overmars got caught sending D pics. It’s just a funny story. Oh i forgot that passes for trauma nowadays to uou snowflakes, oops my bad

No wonder you had to pay out the nose to that Karen if your reading comprehension is this great.

Clearly I was talking about @razörist genius. Also way to respond to the argument and go on another tangent.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No wonder you had to pay out the nose to that Karen if your reading comprehension is this great.

Clearly I was talking about @razörist genius. Also way to respond to the argument and go on another tangent.
You couldnt just have me mis your sly digs could you

outlawz

I thought it's only the body parts that you can score with?

Right, didn't know that.

Looks like Mazraoui was onside.

I think the more egregious act isn't whether he was onside or not, it's the fact that the refs went against central instruction and raised the flag before play had concluded which is what they're supposed to do.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I swear Arabic commentators have ruined more visits to the loo than anything in my existence. You get a dodgy stream, put it on the tannoy at a decent level, then you have to go to toilet. Suddenly the commentator is shouting like World War 3 was on, and you scamper along barely dressed to the telly.

Only to find it is a thrown-in on the halfway line....

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom