• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In what kind of world do you live? Isco, Verratti, Casemiro, Saul to Arsenal? :lol:

Weigl has dropped off seriously and has been mostly used by Favre as a CB this season.

Locatelli and Tonali will stay put or end up at one of the big Italian clubs.

Luis Alberto is the only reasonable name here.
We live in a world where you throw money at them and they will come without a doubt.
If we didn't sign that stupid contract extension with Özil we would be able to pay salaries for 2 players on that list.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Joe Willock is not on the same level as Aaron Ramsey. I shouldn't have to explain that to a football fan.
Please remind me how many premier league games Joe Willock has played.... Sounds like a bloody fantastic idea.... Replace last year's player of the season with a kid who has like ten minutes league experience. WTF!
Unfortunately, his idea has more value than your expectation to replace him like for like.
I'm sure you are aware that we can't buy 3 top players, it will be one or two and they will probably replace some of our defence deadwood or maybe a winger.
Everything else should be and probably will be tactical compensations like moving Mkhi to Ramsey's position and maybe adding some youth squad players like Willock and ESR.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That's how it should go, but if we are 2-0 up at home vs Cardiff, Emery gives those last 10 minutes to Elneny or Lich making it impossible for youngsters to impress.
2-0 with this Arsenal probably not the best time to give them minutes... Even vs Cardiff at home finished 2-1.

Over the last two seasons not many of them have really impressed or showed a true reflection of their game in the first team. Youngsters have to earn trust & be an asset like Guendouzi + Iwobi 17/18. The likes of AMN & Nelson last season have had a fair chunk of minutes.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We live in a world where you throw money at them and they will come without a doubt.
If we didn't sign that stupid contract extension with Özil we would be able to pay salaries for 2 players on that list.

Salaries, maybe, but transfer fees? Stop dreaming.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
2-0 with this Arsenal probably not the best time to give them minutes... Even vs Cardiff at home finished 2-1.

Over the last two seasons not many of them have really impressed or showed a true reflection of their game in the first team. Youngsters have to earn trust & be an asset like Guendouzi + Iwobi 17/18. The likes of AMN & Nelson last season have had a fair chunk of minutes.
Sorry, I haven't seen any youngster given meaningful playing time over the last 2 years to decide if they've failed or not and I'm not counting AMN & Nelson playing out of position in a trash setup like last year. You could only count Iwobi in there and in the end he didn't do badly, even if we decide to sell him he will have to go for at least 30-40m which is still good for us (I guess AMN would be 15-20). Iwobi wasn't even the brightest talent of u23 team and it's still very good return value.
That's only 2 players that are worth 50-60m combined, if you add ESR, Saka and Nelson to that group and only one of them fulfils his potential, and others ends up meh, we are talking about 100+m.
Compare that to value of Elneny, Lich, Mustafi, Welbeck and Monreal, we would be more than happy to get 20m for them or at least get rid of their contracts.
People here often act like we are Manchester City with Mahrez, Sane and De Bruyne on the bench, in reality it's either Elneny, Lich or some youngster.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Logically it took him a while to figure out the squad, formations and implement his style, but he knows what he is doing now.

Most impressed with the work rate from everyone and the structure of the team. Barely conceded counters tonight, because there were always players close by to win it back quickly.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Is it me, or has his accent become more impenetrable as his fluency in English has improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom