• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xhaka and ?

Who should partner Xhaka in midfield?

• Total voters

STYLEZ

I'd continue with Coquelin.. He's having a great season and I'd like to see how that partnership looks over a decent sample size..

To be fair his a good season for the last 3 seasons his proved his consistency quite conclusively. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka/Coq for me. We rotate this combo to maintain fitness or for tactics. The other combos have too many failings.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ideally...Naby Keita, his old mate Dahoud, a fit Wilshere or a 13/14 Ramsey.

Basically no player that we currently have.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On form, and on experience, Coquelin has become so important that we should think to shift Özil wide.

Xhaka-Coq-Ramsey is the best of all worlds.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Nothing is ideal, but I'd lean towards Xhaka-Coquelin for most games. It requires Xhaka to be more incisive, cause Coq is no help going forward, which he's not doing badly with.
Xhaka-Elneny has worked at times, but I'd go with it when we focus on dominating possession. I think Xhaka-Coq is faster paced and more incisive.

Don't want to see Xhaka-Ramsey although I know a lot do. It'll be Xhaka on his own facing counters. Might be a good option when we're playing a team that's sitting back with 10 behind the ball. I'd still worry about counters... would only try it with Bellerin back.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thinking about it Xhaka/ Coq with , Özil , Sanchez and Iwobi dropping back to help and or Ramsey on the right .

Iddi

Why don't we try 4 - 3 - 3.. We are so weak with only 2 players in central midfield. West Ham had us on the ropes for 15 minutes in the second half just like most half decent teams have done against us, Sanchez individual brilliance saved us yesterday..

I still see glaring weakness in our Central midfield with only 2 players in there..

We will always be a attacking team under Wenger. 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1. What ever. We will always sacrifice something in the defence to be a attack team.

We are doing well at the moment. You don't have the away record like ours unless tactics are solid.

skip spence

I'd generally go with Xhaka-Coq in tough games where we have to defend and Xhaka-Ramsey in home games when we are clear favourites. Ideally it's Xhaka-Ramsey always, if the latter can get his **** together. (yeah, I know :mad:)

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom