• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current top 10 Premier League managers

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Shocking from the PL to omit the London Manager of the year

Iraola or Pep.

Iraola:

Managing to turn Bournemouth's fortunes around whilst looking perfectly like pre-Chocolat Alfred Molina.

Pep:

Burdened by unlimited wealth reserves & managing a team of mercenaries when he really would love to walk away from it all to manage something like Real Oviedo.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't want to be too mean because Agbonlahor exhibits signs of real learning deficiencies. I don't care about winning second tier European competitions. I know Emery managed to bottle a league title against a Monaco team made of kids. I know he managed to bottle a huge goal advantage against Barcelona when PSG should have gone through in the CL easily. I know he managed to bottle top 4 here with the easiest run in and an advantage in points because he chose to prioritize his favorite trophy only to get humiliated by Chelsea in the EL final. I know that if he wasn't facing the ultimate bottlers in Tottenham for the last CL place this season, he'd probably have bottled that too.

You could give Emery 10 lifetimes and he wouldn't produce the points totals or metrics Arteta has produced here in the last 2 seasons despite him having nearly 15 years more experience because he's not a big club manager. When the expectations get real and the lights get brightest, he concedes 20 shots a match like 7 Hag. He's a guy who thrives at 2nd tier clubs in 2nd tier competitions. He's Poch with some Europa league trinkets. Arteta for all his faults has cleaned up Emery's mess and is going toe to toe with Pep and 115 charges worth of cheating. Give me Arteta all day every day at this club with actual ambitions.

Batman

They'll give it to Klopp as a consolation/farewell gift. Arteta or Pep are the only 2 logical choices.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I guess it depends on the criteria. Klopp, Arteta and Unai are all currently above their club spending positions/squad cost. Klopp, 3 places, Arteta 3 places and Unai 5 places.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arsenal win the league, give it to Mikel...if we don't, give it to Emery.

Just tired of Pep getting it, should be a rule that you have to have hair to win this.

Batman

How exactly is Emery not a logical choice? Villa qualifying for the CL is a huge achievement.
Because they manage the 2 best teams in the league by some distance. If we don't care about the level the team is performing at and it's just about punching above your weight then give it to Rob Edwards. If it's about who is actually doing the best job as indicative of where their teams are then the choice is clearly between Arteta and Pep.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Because they manage the 2 best teams in the league by some distance. If we don't care about the level the team is performing at and it's just about punching above your weight then give it to Rob Edwards. If it's about who is actually doing the best job as indicative of where their teams are then the choice is clearly between Arteta and Pep.
Villa isn't a mid-table team or something, though. Qualifying for the CL is a standout achievement. I get the sentiment about weighing it like that, but there's enough weight behind Emery's case. I disagree that he's in a tier below Arteta and Pep here. Your argument applies to Iraola, but not Emery.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1. Klopp
2. Pep
3. Emery
4. Arteta
5. Poch

Happy with this, my first list was an absolute disaster though :lol:

Won't be that long before Mikel is above Emery too.

Batman

Villa isn't a mid-table team or something, though. Qualifying for the CL is a standout achievement. I get the sentiment about weighing it like that, but there's enough weight behind Emery's case. I disagree that he's in a tier below Arteta and Pep here. Your argument applies to Iraola, but not Emery.
You can disagree all you want. My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours. I value top level team execution when praising a manager, not platitudes for punching above your weight. By the way, Iraola didn't even have a pre-season whereas Emery is over a year into the job and had a full pre-season to buy the players he wanted and impart his ideas. Iraola has had the more difficult task if that's the route we'd like to go down.

Bloodbather

Established Member

You can disagree all you want. My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours. I value top level team execution when praising a manager, not platitudes for punching above your weight. By the way, Iraola didn't even have a pre-season whereas Emery is over a year into the job and had a full pre-season to buy the players he wanted and impart his ideas. Iraola has had the more difficult task if that's the route we'd like to go down.
More Sherlock than Batman here. The forum wouldn't exist if we all displayed this attitude mate.

Your criteria gives an undeserved advantage to managers of more financially robust teams, and automatically disqualifies managers of less financially robust teams regardless of how much they overachieve. Seems unfair to me.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I guess it depends on the criteria. Klopp, Arteta and Unai are all currently above their club spending positions/squad cost. Klopp, 3 places, Arteta 3 places and Unai 5 places.
I think if we land the title after 20 years, you have to give serious consideration to Arteta. For me, I think Emery is in with a big shout. He's done very very well at Villa.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was going to post my list but no point as it’s same as yours. Nice to see Howe that high, might have Ten Hag above Zerbi, but otherwise I 100% agree with this.
My list still stands today.

Some people had Arteta at 6 or 7 lmao.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom