• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I repeat Özil is brilliant, as or almost as brilliant as Cesc, we may need a Di Maria more than a play-maker but I'd accept Cazorla left, Theo right and Özil central - the end result would be the same defences would be getting terrorised just in a different manner to a direct winger like Di Maria.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ricky_AFC said:
A friend of mine works for a chauffeur company who do a lot of work for the FA and for Arsenal. My friend picked up Ivan Gazidis from the airport this morning off of a flight from Madrid.

It seems he flew straight out there after the game last night. She couldn't interrogate him whilst she was working unfortunately but it is a 100% fact he came back from Madrid this morning.

Never trust a female when it comes to identifying men connected to football.

It was probably Fellaini.

mo50

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
truth_hurts said:
wishful_llama said:
Out of the three (Benzema, Di Maria & Özil) I'd be most excited about Özil signing for us. World class player

Agree as Özil is an elite player.

Really? Özil? Is that what we need? Another AM? We have Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere and Chamberlain who can all play there. What we need offensively is a wide player who can play on either flank with dribbling ability and a centre forward. Absolutely nothing else is needed from an attacking point of view!

Rosicky has no end product. Shifting Cazorla wide and playing a top class playmaker like Özil at AM would make us a whole lot better. Add di Maria and we could get away with Giroud at CF for another season.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The_Playmaker said:
truth_hurts said:
wishful_llama said:
Out of the three (Benzema, Di Maria & Özil) I'd be most excited about Özil signing for us. World class player

Agree as Özil is an elite player.

Really? Özil? Is that what we need? Another AM? We have Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere and Chamberlain who can all play there. What we need offensively is a wide player who can play on either flank with dribbling ability and a centre forward. Absolutely nothing else is needed from an attacking point of view!

Özil is a far superior playmaker than any of the others you mentioned.

2nd only to Fabregas. World class playmaker, ****s on anything the PL has to offer in that regard right now.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
The Jury said:
Ricky_AFC said:
A friend of mine works for a chauffeur company who do a lot of work for the FA and for Arsenal. My friend picked up Ivan Gazidis from the airport this morning off of a flight from Madrid.

It seems he flew straight out there after the game last night. She couldn't interrogate him whilst she was working unfortunately but it is a 100% fact he came back from Madrid this morning.

Never trust a female when it comes to identifying men connected to football.

It was probably Fellaini.

Put on that helmet Jury, because the bullets are about to fly son! :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If I could pick any player for Arsenal that I wished, Özil would probably come after Messi and Ronaldo.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:

2nd only to Fabregas. World class playmaker, ***** on anything the PL has to offer in that regard right now.

It is pointless having a playmaker if he doesn't have any runners to pass to! We have playmakers who are good enough at what they do. We would be better off spending the money on someone like Di Maria who can beat a man, cross a ball, commit defenders and make runs for the our current playmakers to spot.

Why would we buy another playmaker? To do what exactly? Playmake by passing to our other playmakers?

Why not buy a whole team of playmakers? Wait we tried that before, it was useless!

truth_hurts

The_Playmaker said:
Dokaka said:

2nd only to Fabregas. World class playmaker, ***** on anything the PL has to offer in that regard right now.

It is pointless having a playmaker if he doesn't have any runners to pass to! We have playmakers who are good enough at what they do. We would be better off spending the money on someone like Di Maria who can beat a man, cross a ball, commit defenders and make runs for the our current playmakers to spot.

Why would we buy another playmaker? To do what exactly? Playmake by passing to our other playmakers?

Why not buy a whole team of playmakers? Wait we tried that before, it was useless!

It's doing Chelsea loads of harm having Mata, Hazard and Oscar isn't it?

Walcott and Podolski would have so many chances in a team behind 2 world class playmakers like Ozila and Cazorla.

Özil's a pipe dream but suggesting that we don't need him is ludicrous.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
The_Playmaker said:
Dokaka said:

It's doing Chelsea loads of harm having Mata, Hazard and Oscar isn't it?

Walcott and Podolski would have so many chances in a team behind 2 world class playmakers like Ozila and Cazorla.

Özil's a pipe dream but suggesting that we don't need him is ludicrous.

Hazard runs with the ball and commits players. Oscar and Mata are playmakers. Is Oscar on Özil's level? No. Is Mata? Not quite. We have Wilshere, Rosicky and Cazorla. They are just as creative as Mata and Oscar. What we don't have is someone who is a technical dribbler like Hazard.

Adding Di Maria to our side would give us a new dimension. We need a runner!

Ricky_AFC

Haha my friend is a season ticket holder for 20 years she know the faces :wink:

Not sure why I'm getting eye rolling and laughter responses. Just sharing what I know.

truth_hurts

Quite ironic that a guy with the username of 'The Playmaker' can suggest that any of ours are anywhere near as creative and productive as the leagues most effective playmaker in Mata - check his stats! Cazorla is as good as him but Wilshere and Rosicky are nowhere near. Özil is better than all of them.

ny team improves with Özil in there - he is a match winner. Don't get me wrong so is i Maria who I want badly but I can think of 5 or 6 wide players on his leve;. I can only think of 1 on Ozils level - Cesc.

Pointless though as we aren't getting Özil.

Floating

Established Member
Özil is fantastic but as someone said earlier, he can barely finish 90 minutes in La Liga - I think he would be shattering playing in the PL.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
Quite ironic that a guy with the username of 'The Playmaker' can suggest that any of ours are anywhere near as creative and productive as the leagues most effective playmaker in Mata - check his stats! Cazorla is as good as him but Wilshere and Rosicky are nowhere near. Özil is better than all of them.

ny team improves with Özil in there - he is a match winner. Don't get me wrong so is i Maria who I want badly but I can think of 5 or 6 wide players on his leve;. I can only think of 1 on Ozils level - Cesc.

I don't need to look at stats. Cazorla is on par with Mata. Wilshere and Rosicky will be on par with Oscar. What we don't have is a winger who can run at defenders. Mata and Oscar find Hazard with the ball. Thats the idea. The run comes before the pass. Therefore you need a runner. At Madrid Özil has Ronaldo, Benzema and Di Maria running of him. He doesn't single handedly win a match. He is playing in a team that is every playmakers dream.

What would be the point in buying him. We have one runner off the ball and that is Walcott.

There is no point mentioning irony when you can only name Fabregas as the only player on Özil's level. Why not mention the players who kept Fabregas out of the team last year?

trunks206

Established Member
Floating said:
Özil is fantastic but as someone said earlier, he can barely finish 90 minutes in La Liga - I think he would be shattering playing in the PL.

Yeah I said it when someone wishlisted him a few weeks back. It seems like he hardly ever finishes a full 90 in la liga so I just dont seem him being able to cope with the pace and intensity of the PL week in week out.

No turning my nose up to him, his a special player, but that would be a concern.

akhil

truth_hurts said:

Those stats are a little inflated. He played like a Gazillion games last season and went through an entire UCL and Europa league campaign against mediocre opposition. Chelsea are very productive from set pieces as well which he takes. Quite frankly he caters to superior set of players as well with Oscar, Hazard, Ramirez, Lampard, Moses, Torres(yes Torres, he had 22 goals last season), all of whom work very well off the ball as well.

The chance conversion of our forwards (in-spite of their numbers) and midfielders are pretty poor in comparison.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Ricky_AFC said:
Haha my friend is a season ticket holder for 20 years she know the faces :wink:

Not sure why I'm getting eye rolling and laughter responses. Just sharing what I know.

:lol: hate that :roll: smiley

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You know how it is, Ricky_AFC. You wont get any thanks for inside info on a footy forum lad! It's not that people are questioning integrity, as much as knowing there's no way it can be proven. You'll have your laugh when we sign Di Maria :wink:

GoOnYouGunners

Ricky_AFC said:

original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom