• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season - Arsenal v Boca Juniors | 30/07/11 16:20 ESPN

qs

Established Member
Well that was pretty pathetic really. After Ramseys goal they all thought they had it won. Everyone took it down a notch and the centre halfs did the rest. I know its pre-season but its the Emirates cup now and they should be taking it a bit more seriously.

amirkat

Established Member
Nasri has been worse than awful.

Really like the look of Frimpong and Traore.

Okay first half; bad second half.

Thierry Henry tomorrow!

blaze_of_glory

meh, we dominated them with our stronger players on.

take away the blowings by squid and dj and we win 2-0. Champs league in the bag.

cuban

Established Member
dyeruz said:
AFCG7 said:
How can you seek to blame those two goals on our midfield?
Thats a nonsense suggestion , both of those goals are the fault of our two bungling CBs , no one else.
I wouldn't blame Djourou....he slipped....

he didn't slipped...looked like he was trying to win that ball instead of clearing it and ****ed up

AFC-Phil

Established Member
kofigunner said:
I know the CBs are directly to blame for the goals but compared to the first half, our mids aren't keeping any possession or pressing enough. In the first half, Riquelme didn't have half as much time on the ball. In the second half, everybody's jogging around waiting for someone else.

Well said.

outlaw_member said:
Oh my god, you just stole my thoughts. That's exactly what I came on to post!

:lol: This is a recurring theme for both of us.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
FT : 2-2

Not impress on our performance especially in the 2nd half except that Ramsey's goal. Those lads need to buck up tomorrow...

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our first half team was good. Quick passing, quick movement, fast breaks, quick to press, quick to fall back..the works. The Arsenal way in summary. Second half team, poor CBs, same wingbacks who did what they had to. Different midfield who didn't press or control possession, attackers who were slow in buildup and poor in possession.
That's what cost us last season, certain key players being forced to play too many games because the backups were poor. At the moment Nasri seems to have joined the latter crowd and Wilshere and Gerv are firmly in the former. Bottom line is, everybody has to be at a certain level, from 1-22 and at the moment, we're far away from that.

blaze_of_glory

Seriously we need to stop looking into these pre-season games so much. They are played in order to get the kinks out and sort out which of the fringe players will be making the cut.

Nothing matters until the Newcastle game.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
Well that was pretty pathetic really. After Ramseys goal they all thought they had it won. Everyone took it down a notch and the centre halfs did the rest. I know its pre-season but its the Emirates cup now and they should be taking it a bit more seriously.

Pre-season or not, this has happened countless times throughout the last few seasons.

Either we start off slowly and require a goal against in order to wake up and start playing, or we take a strong lead and fall asleep allowing the opponent back into the game. We lack authority, experience and influence on the pitch, and in all the key central positions.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
yousif_persie said:
lets see wenger what he will say our defense is good? yeah right.

Dont forget that we are a very offensive team!!!

If Wenger allows this to continue post September 1st and labels our squad together as an achievement, then its officially time for him, Gazidis and co to go.

qs

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
Seriously we need to stop looking into these pre-season games so much. They are played in order to get the kinks out and sort out which of the fringe players will be making the cut.

Nothing matters until the Newcastle game.

You know that Newcastle match is just a fortnight away right?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom