• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season - Arsenal v Boca Juniors | 30/07/11 16:20 ESPN

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm still not convinced by Frimpong yet, need to see more of him. However, I can't believe it looks like we're going to be blooding a youngster in a position we clearly need an experienced leader. Frimpong has never played a competitive game for us and just spent a year out injured, imo, he should definitely be spending this year out on loan and proving himself elsewhere before taking a place in our squad. It makes too much sense for us to buy a 30+ DM who only has a few years left so that Frimpong (if good enough) can come in once said purchased player leaves/retires. Add to that, if Frimpong does impress early on in the season then there's a chance he'll be picked for the ACN and we'll have no one capable of playing DM.

I don't understand how anyone can bemoan Frimpong choosing Ghana over England though, I personally feel a lot more loyalty to my birth country and where my family originated than the country that I schooled and currently reside in.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I've grown up with many people like Frimpong. Obviously, it's only natural to hold great affection for the country of ones birth. What I don't find acceptable is when they choose it over their naturalised nation in a regard , which their adopted nation was the sole reason behind their success. Frimpong is the player he is today because of Arsenal and England, so he's got to appreciate that and give something back. For what it's worth, I've had this very debate with many friends numerous times before.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I guess there're very few on here who know what it feels like, when you're in such a difficult situation where you've to choose between two countries.

I'm not one of those, so I accept his decision.

yuvken

Established Member
Int'l football is a relic that should just go away. An obstacle for good football, nothing else.

(Having said all that, as long as it does exist, it is ridiculous to expect anyone to play for a country he doesn't feel is his/her choice. This is, by definition, "a heart" thing. "Give back" is a meaningful concept, but I don't think it could stick here).

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom