• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

COC: Sheffield Wednesday vs. Arsenal- 27/10/15 - 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Campbell & DeBoosh are goners. The only thing good that Joel does is track back and make the occasional tackle-in the final 1/3rd where he's needed he's woeful. Since his injury, I haven't seen DeBoosh play a decent game for us.

Chambers needs a kick up the arse

The kids were hopeless bar Iwobi-too young and couldn't affect the game at all.

All round a chastening evening & hopefully this won;t come back to bite us in the Arse.

What's the news on Theo & The (Cr)Ox

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

None of these guys are playing regular top level football and this is a significant shift from what we had in the past. Martinez has been around for some time now and I think did feature in the CC a few years ago but has never really impressed me to be honest, especially when compared to CBs his age. Let's not forget he's only a year or two younger than Gabrielle and he's still not playing top level football.

Zalalem is obviously not a product of our academy and it is yet to be seen whether he can make the breakthrough. I think only Wilshere has made it into midfield in recent years and we've had players like Eastmond, Fran Merida, Denilson etc all fall by the way side after flirting with the first team for some time.

I agree our recent policy shift of buying experience and quality has reduced the chances for some of these youngsters but I expected this to transpire in an upturn in quality in the Carling Cup team. There was very little spark or top technical ability from the youngsters in the team we put out today and that's very unusual, players out on loan or not. Granted some of this could've been down to the hopelessness of some of the experienced players but we looked noticeably devoid of talent out there.

Martinez is a GK...

The one's out on loan now are at least playing regularly. Youngsters in the past got shipped out to clubs of similar level and they never even broke into their teams so i would say we have actually improved our youth setup.

David Smith

Established Member
Mostly concerned about the injuries. We cannot afford heavy injuries to our best players since we're aiming to win the premier league.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't care less if we had lost 5-0

AOC and Theo going off was ****ing disastrous.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We're a top club - very few, if any, of those kids will make it. Reality.

Tonight was one game but these lads will have limited opportunities.
People see a bit of talent and expect them to start for Arsenal in 5 years but the truth is you really, really need to stand out in ability and have the attitude to develop well at this level. If one or 2 out of an age group come through we're probably doing well - we had a successful reserve/youth side a couple of years ago and it looks like Bellerin's the only one who'll make it here.

Of the current guys I think Crowley and Zelalem have a lot of ability and definitely standout. I had high hopes for Gnabry but injuries have stuttered his development badly. I never saw the hype around Akpom, light and bad ball control. Wellington is on borrowed time. Haven't seen enough of Iwobe, Niles or Jeff to say yet.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I think we should have rested more players , Cech Theo Ox and Giroud should never have been involved.
We have won back to back Fa cups and people are still not satisfied so we had nothing to gain in this worthless competition.
Just hoping for some good news on theo and ox.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Is anyone still saying Bellerin should play RW and Debuchy RB? :p I'd rather see Joel at RB than Debuchy, think Joel did far more tackles.

General

Established Member
Martinez is a GK...

The one's out on loan now are at least playing regularly. Youngsters in the past got shipped out to clubs of similar level and they never even broke into their teams so i would say we have actually improved our youth setup.

Yeah sorry I was confusing Martinez with a left footed Spanish CB who we had in the youth set up but realise he's no longer with the club.

Playing regularly means nothing if it's low level football. We are shipping players out to the lower leagues because PL and championships teams with their newly found wealth from tv money, will no longer play raw loan players and this is the situation Gnabry has found himself at West Brom.

I think we've gone backwards with out youth setup but I'm happy we are no longer using it to prop the first team and are going out there and buying genuine quality. For a long time we paid a heavy price for some of the raw young players who somewhere found themselves playing first team football. The step up between the first team and the youth team has gotten bigger and that's how it should be.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Yeah sorry I was confusing Martinez with a left footed Spanish CB who we had in the youth set up but realise he's no longer with the club.

Playing regularly means nothing if it's low level football. We are shipping players out to the lower leagues because PL and championships teams with their newly found wealth from tv money, will no longer play raw loan players and this is the situation Gnabry has found himself at West Brom.

Like i said, in the past youngsters were sent out on loan to similar clubs but they didn't play at all apart from a handfull. Thats what i can recall atleast. The fact that our loanees actually get to play is an improvement only that!

redanddread

2150572.jpg

BobP

Memri Fan
Like I said pre match, couldn't have cared less about the result, what infuriates me however are the injuries, to two key players.

redanddread

Like I said pre match, couldn't have cared less about the result, what infuriates me however are the injuries, to two key players.
I still expected a performance of some sort. I'm sure the early injuries didn't help but that was the worst performance I've ever seen from an Arsenal team. No one seemed to give a ****!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People see a bit of talent and expect them to start for Arsenal in 5 years but the truth is you really, really need to stand out in ability and have the attitude to develop well at this level. If one or 2 out of an age group come through we're probably doing well - we had a successful reserve/youth side a couple of years ago and it looks like Bellerin's the only one who'll make it here.

Of the current guys I think Crowley and Zelalem have a lot of ability and definitely standout. I had high hopes for Gnabry but injuries have stuttered his development badly. I never saw the hype around Akpom, light and bad ball control. Wellington is on borrowed time. Haven't seen enough of Iwobe, Niles or Jeff to say yet.

Niles will make it I think, there's a gap for him in the squad as it stands and he locked down Wesley Sneijder as a 17 year old which is ridiculous.

He's multi-talented, is great on the ball and at dribbling. Crowley will be competing with the likes of Özil and Wilshere for game time so I'm not so sure myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom