• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounce-Back-Ability

He already showed signs of being back to his best yesterday.

Once he's back in full flow, everyone will be harping on about "I always had faith in him"

I do question his speed of distribution but that's what you get with him.
Makelele was no Pirlo and was still pivotal to Chelsea and France.

law90026

Established Member
I think people are blinded as to Coq's real value because we haven't had a real DM in a long time.

Is Coq vital right now? Hell yes! Is he world class though? Hell no! My belief if that if we signed a real world class DM, people would realise how limited Coq is in terms of restricting our play.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think people are blinded as to Coq's real value because we haven't had a real DM in a long time.

Is Coq vital right now? Hell yes! Is he world class though? Hell no! My belief if that if we signed a real world class DM, people would realise how limited Coq is in terms of restricting our play.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Coq restricts us :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Coquelin apology:

"I didn’t really see the goal [because I was in the dressing room] but someone came and told me that we scored the second one - it was a relief for me,” he told Arsenal Player. “I did not want us to lose today because at 1-0 I thought we were doing great.

“A point today is a good point, it is a great result for us. I'm really sorry to all the fans for the red card, I think with 11 against 11 we could have won the game as we were playing really well. This red card changed the game. I’m really sorry to the club, to the team and all the fans.

“I actually thought I could get the ball when I slide tackled [Harry Kane] - that is why I went for it. I touched him and [the referee] gave me the second yellow.

“But at the end of the day, it’s a good point and hopefully it will be an important point for the title.”

BBF

Some people judge players (and Wenger) on their last games, good to see it is not the majority though.

Looks like he's not the new toy any more, weird how desperately people want him to fail.

Get a grip ffs. If you criticise Coquelin on form you're an idiot, or a pessimist. If you criticise him when he's out of form you're kneejerk, and not thinking critically.

You can't win.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Get a grip ffs. If you criticise Coquelin on form you're an idiot, or a pessimist. If you criticise him when he's out of form you're kneejerk, and not thinking critically.

You can't win.

The people that need to get a grip are those that want a player sold because of one mistake.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

You can't win.
I question the need to criticize him at all

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Coquelin apology:
“I actually thought I could get the ball when I slide tackled [Harry Kane] - that is why I went for it.”
Exactly what I felt as well. If he doesn't go for the ball he gets accused of not being proactive.
If you want to see stupid fouls then check out both the fouls by Mata today.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Coquelin apology:

"I didn’t really see the goal [because I was in the dressing room] but someone came and told me that we scored the second one - it was a relief for me,” he told Arsenal Player. “I did not want us to lose today because at 1-0 I thought we were doing great.

“A point today is a good point, it is a great result for us. I'm really sorry to all the fans for the red card, I think with 11 against 11 we could have won the game as we were playing really well. This red card changed the game. I’m really sorry to the club, to the team and all the fans.

“I actually thought I could get the ball when I slide tackled [Harry Kane] - that is why I went for it. I touched him and [the referee] gave me the second yellow.

“But at the end of the day, it’s a good point and hopefully it will be an important point for the title.”
That's something. A lot of players should follow suit, this here is a player who at least acknowledges the mistake he made and knows how the fans must feel.

Compare it to that **** Mertesacker who decided to do a no-look slide tackle then trudge off the pitch.

Now I think about it, has Wenger ever apologised to the fans?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not defending the card but their really really does need to be more consistency, before yesterday I thought Oliver was one of the best refs in the league.

So many games this season we've seen foul - warning, foul - warning, foul - warning, foul - yellow and then another ****ing series of fouls.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
That's something. A lot of players should follow suit, this here is a player who at least acknowledges the mistake he made and knows how the fans must feel.

Compare it to that **** Mertesacker who decided to do a no-look slide tackle then trudge off the pitch.

I agree so much and yes, Arséne has apologized for poor performances before.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not defending the card but their really really does need to be more consistency, before yesterday I thought Oliver was one of the best refs in the league.

So many games this season we've seen foul - warning, foul - warning, foul - warning, foul - yellow and then another ****ing series of fouls.

Nah Oliver's a class ref. Both were clear yellows.

Bounce-Back-Ability

I remember after a thumping, Arse.com had a headline with Wenger apologizes for performance.

If you watched the inteview, he said the performance was poor and the players must turn it around and all that's there for them to do is to perform in the next game as an apology.

(Not the exact words but defo along the above lines)

He never apologized personally! His ego cannot take it

Lets be honest here the referees have been **** towards us this season. Destroyers like Waynama allowed to tackle and foul us with no card or warning until 80 minute. Its bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom