• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17: Matchday 14

How good is Cesc?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Surely this means a three match or more ban for aguero and fernandinho?

Given that Aguero's challenge would have you up for assault charges outside of a football field, I'd say so.

...and the fact he's been suspended before this season

N

NotAUserName

To be fair, Chelsea have defensive weaknesses especially at CB. On another day City could have run away with it. I think pundits overrate the Chelsea defence. Granted, as a team they stay quite disciplined but players like Cahill seem to make a lot of mistakes, in my book.
Yes they have issues but there are only few teams good enough to take advantage of them. And they've somehow managed to win against City whose attack is probably only second to Liverpool. I still think City are favorites although it would have been nice for someone to stop Chelsea's momentum.

Malky

Established Member
Well, lets see who we have left standing to face them but City still have the bones a very good team there plus Pep...
Stones and Otamendi are rubbish and even their starting full back options are terrible, surprised Pep went into the season without atleast signing a new LB.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
To be fair, Chelsea have defensive weaknesses especially at CB. On another day City could have run away with it. I think pundits overrate the Chelsea defence. Granted, as a team they stay quite disciplined but players like Cahill seem to make a lot of mistakes, in my book.

Yeah agreed, this really wasn't an impressive performance from Chelsea, City just wasted chances they should have scored on and Costa turned up and won them the game. Chelsea's weaknesses was on full display today.

That said, having a striker that can win a game on his own is invaluable and if Costa can keep this up, he's favorite for poty, and Chelsea for the title.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah they got overrun from the 20 minute mark of the first half . Midfield was a gaping hole similar to the one when we beat them .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aguero and Fernandinho being out is the least of our concerns.

Our problems in big games are rarely down to the quality of the opposition. We tend to self-sabotage.
Like when we tore Chelsea a new one a few weeks back.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah agreed, this really wasn't an impressive performance from Chelsea, City just wasted chances they should have scored on and Costa turned up and won them the game. Chelsea's weaknesses was on full display today.

That said, having a striker that can win a game on his own is invaluable and if Costa can keep this up, he's favorite for poty, and Chelsea for the title.

He hasn't rotated the side in 8 games sooner or later they'll slow down running on andrenalin at the moment .

Uncle Good-Advice

What the hell happened at the end?? It was as ridiculous as it gets! Match was played with fast pace but without any malicious intent, where did that come from?

Aguero you idiot, that tackle should be punished heavily, he was clearly targeting his knee and endangering Luiz's career! I'm livid!

Agent Cesc did what he does best nowadays, wound up some other Brazilian butcher, so he can't play against us. Good job! :p

F*ck Pep!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
De Bruv missing an open goal. Should've been a draw. Now we'll have to hear everyone gushing over Chelsea.
At least it makes our job against them easier, though I rate Iheanacho as an Aguero replacement, and they'll probably start with Toure now that Fernandinho is out.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom