• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

771958.jpg
Can't be arsed about that 12 seconds, but just look at him. What a * celebration.

Optimistic

This is the correct thread. We are almost certainly not going to win the title this season, and sooner or latter we need to ask ourselves why we keep coming short every season. Giroud's over the top celebration is a problem and he deserves stick for it. By defending Giroud's celebration you are defending us finishing 3rd/4th place every season, defending us having a loser's mentality.
I'm not defending Giroud's celebration, I'm defending Giroud. Should he have ran to the corner flag with such little time left? No. Is it being monstrously blown out of proportion, all things considered? You better believe it.

This man, despite having his starting spot taken from him, has put his head down and worked hard. He's made the most of nearly every substitute appearance, and on Tuesday he saved us from defeat with two assists and a goal when realistically we should have been out of the game. That's not even making mention of his defensive contribution - I distinctly remember a moment at ~80min where Dan Gosling was through on goal and Giroud was the only one there to do enough to put him off. He's not a defender, he's our CF, and he saved our asses once again.

All this talk about "weak mentality" because of a stupid celebration. He works just as hard for the team as anyone else, maybe more so.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You mean like I was after the Palace Game?

Or when I was one of the first to defend him after Bournemouth?

But yeah, how terribly biased of me to suggest that a couple of our other attackers deserve credit for the comeback too :rolleyes:

Why don't you actually read what people have said for a change before launching into another one of your **** posts? Seriously can't be bothered with half the neanderthals on this forum at the moment.

What's the point of even posting on here if you're just going to read what you want to read, rather than what's being said, every single time?
that speaks more about you than me, im not even bother to respond to you. cheers.

blaze_of_glory

Still going on about the celebration? Good grief... It made no difference, Oliver would have blown at the same time regardless.

say yes

forum master baiter
that speaks more about you than me, im not even bother to respond to you. cheers.

:lol:

Couldn't just admit that you got it completely wrong (again) could ya.

Welcome to the list of say yes. Not quite as glitzy as Taylor's, but you get the benefit of being a permanent member.

Mod Edit: No personal insults !!!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I had hoped this day would never come, but alas it's here: the renaissance of the Giroud Defence League.

The fact that anyone has to defend Giroud after he led the comeback and is in a great run of form is ridiculous. We would be completely sunk this season if not for him.

But nobody has to defend Giroud really. I think everyone is in agreement that his contribution was amazing and he was man of the match. I have no idea why people get so defensive that some want to criticize his celebration.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But nobody has to defend Giroud really. I think everyone is in agreement that his contribution was amazing and he was man of the match. I have no idea why people get so defensive that some want to criticize his celebration.

Well there you go he played well, his two assists and goal were amazing.

The celebration has zero effect on anything so nothing needs to be said about it, certainly not pages worth.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Let's be honest, Giroud on the pitch automatically makes us play worse. Him and Ramsey, forget it. Good Arsenal teams have sheer pace in their attack.

blaze_of_glory

I think its well established we generally play better with a pacier CF. But rotation and injuries mean its not always possible to put out our best team with Alexis up top. The Walcott at CF experiment is long dead, and there has been no Welbeck so far. No idea why Lucas hasn't been given more of a shot...

So Giroud has to get games, and as ever he himself has done well when played and has saved us a a fair few points already.

blaze_of_glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom