• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Can you imagine our squad playing Simeone's defensive football and grinding out 1-0 wins etc? No, neither can I.

No need to change the identity of the club, whoever comes in has to play attacking football.
i am sorry, lets start winning things first. Then we can worry about identity second. That has been the problem our identity is now more important than practicality.

Hunter Zolomon

Wenger

Inflammatory and dismissive comments about the supporters

..….....................................

But it's ok for the supporters to make abusive chants about Wenger, fly a plane over the ground and generally treat him with no respect

What planet are some arsenal fans on
well seeing as he is just an employee as some of you claim and we the fans pay money to support arsenal fc and he gets paid by arsenal fc. We have more right to criticise him than vice versa. Arsenal plays, bad we wasted money to watch rubbish. Arsenal plays bad for wenger, he still gets paid so he can swallow all the criticism he can take.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Random guy - what team you support?
Lord Brum- Arsenal
Random guy - who you calling an Arsehole?
Lord Brum - no, I support Arsenal
Random - call me an Arsehole again and I'll ****in' stab ya (pulls out knife)
Lord Brum- **** sake mate, chill

Pre Wenger days

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
No reason to ridicule his past achievements tbh. He absolutely transformed Arsenal into a global football powerhouse, turning you into one of the most applauded clubs in football for the way you played etc. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the majority of your current fanbase became Arsenal fans because of your iconic players that Wenger brought in and the style of football you played.

Doesn't mean Wenger hasn't been left behind by the game though. That's what is so frustrating; the man's arch basically goes like this:

Unknown Foreigner -> Revolutionary Manager -> Arsenal Legend -> Former Top Manager

But he's dragging out that last bit to the point where the former glory days become a smaller and smaller piece of the pie, which is a shame and honestly quite sad.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I wouldn't even mind if he was more ruthless. He's just got so complacent and it's rubbed all over the squads he's managed. Staying at Arsenal was the worst thing he could have done for himself.

I guarantee if he left in 07/08 and returned this year for his last hoorah he would be a different man and welcomed with open arms.

Preacher

Always Crying
@GDeep™ no offence mate, but you need Arsenal history lession. You're going a little bit overboard again. You talked about same thing in this thread already:
http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/...to-take-us-forward.28516/page-88#post-4260043

@Godwin1 said it best then to you:
Come on mate we were sitting on 10 league titles along with Man Utd when Wenger joined. I get that he has been our greatest manager but stop with the revisionism.

Good thing, that today you didn't write - 'Arsenal went 30 years without titles before Wenger' as last time. You're learning:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom