• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_Delhi

Thierry Henry on the players: "Is the Arsenal shirt too heavy for you? Stop hiding behind Arsène Wenger and be more than mediocre."

Thank you Henry, for summing it up so beautifully!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I get the feeling there is a lot of dis-information out there, and that no-one has a clue really

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/20/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-stay
same paper different journalist a few hours later https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/20/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-contract-west-brom

but at least I think this puts the Pulis story to bed

mm76

Yer Da
same paper different journalist a few hours later https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/20/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-contract-west-brom

but at least I think this puts the Pulis story to bed

"Wenger told the TV interviewer beforehand that 47% of West Brom’s goals this season had come from set pieces so his team had prepared accordingly. West Brom knew those preparations would amount to no sort of resistance and were proved right when Craig Dawson headed in twice from corners."

nuff said i think

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Whereas yes, the league has been a huge dissapointment for BVB this season, and yes, Tuchel has to take some of the blame, but also part of it has to be taken by the sporting director, because they made mistakes in the transfer window in the summer. It left a lot of imbalance in the squad.

Were Schuerrle, Goetze & Rode signed by Zorc?

I'm also mystified at decisions such as a playmaker like Merino being signed but being played as a CB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I honestly believe pulis more then the journalist Pulis said Wenger told him he'll stay I don't think pulis will lie about that and made things up

Well not long to go we'll know soon

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Were Schuerrle, Goetze & Rode signed by Zorc?

I'm also mystified at decisions such as a playmaker like Merino being signed but being played as a CB.

Michael Zorc will have the biggest influence being sporting director, but there was a strong suggestion that it was Aki Watzke (CEO) who wanted to bring Goetze back, that Tuchel didn't want him, but Tuchel was the one who wantedt Schurrle - a player he knew from working together at Mainz.

But it's true that a few of the signing decisions made there recently have't really involved Tuchel.

Tuchel does like a tinker for sure, as Guerreiro has also been shifted from left back to central midfield. Although next season, Dahoud will probably be at BVB, so that may be a temporary measure, who knows! They have had a lot of trouble at centre back though, with injuries initially and players struggling, so a lot of changes went on there, with different players having to play that role, and being tried in that role.

mm76

Yer Da
don't forget that a manager can improve when they get a new job, i wouldn't be surprised if Wenger did go elsewhere he did very well, as it would rejuvenate him and the new club

likewise i think a manager like Tuchel in theory could do well at Arsenal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom