• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Man City | 02/04/2017| 16:00 GMT | Sky Sports 1

How will Arsenal let us down on Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Where are LEICESTER CITY today?
Where are MONTPELLIER today?

Conversely.. where are CHELSEA, CITY, PSG today?

Its VERY EASY to cite once in a lifetime examples to substantiate some romantic notion that money has little to no impact into the impact of a club's success in the game.

But lets look at the statistics shall we?

For reference, the Deloitte money league 2016 .

Lets look at the last ten Champions League winners. And yes, I know Leicester City havent been in the Champions League for a long while. They must have been spending their money irresponsibly I guess.

2016 - Real Madrid (number 1)
2015 - Barcelona (number 2)
2014 - Real Madrid (number 1)
2013 - Bayern Munich (number 5)
2012 - Chelsea (number 8)
2011 - Barcelona (number 2)
2010 - Inter Milan (number 19 --- Oooooh another Leicester? Or were they richer back then, I wonder?)

I could go on with this list but I want to make a clear point here. We must not forget that the money put into football has a massive impact into the success in the game.

I agree that its not the be all and end all in the final performance, as we see with Manchester United.

But lets not sit here and speak as though we spent money, and better yet wasted it. Simply put, we were outspent in the summer after squad neglect and we are being out-thought during matches. One goes hand in hand with the other.

And I WILL tackle the Leicester City win of last season since you brought it up. My response is this...
A dream scenario where everything clicked for them, both inside and outside the club.

And here my promise to you buddy, in your lifetime.

THEY WILL NEVER EVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN.

EVER.
I didn't say money has little to no impact. Obviously it does. You suggested that we don't spend money. Last summer we spent money. We finished second in the league, spent a comparable amount of money to our rivals and are floundering because the manager spent the money on underperforming players and is himself underperforming. Spending means nothing if you don't spend properly. See United since Fergie,Liverpool after the sale of Suarez and Sp**s after the sale of Bale. I don't really care what point you think you're making. All of it comes back to a desire to make excuses for Wenger which no intelligent person is falling for. He didn't have money and that was an excuse. He now has money and there's another excuse. I'm tired of them and I'm not listening to them anymore. He's past it, he needs to f*ck off and money is not the problem anymore.

BBF

Coquelin with a smart foul there, Gabriel with the brainfart as usual.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Giroud looking at the linesman like "How can I be offside when I don't run?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom