• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
His somebody you'd want as a squad player mate. Giroud MUST be shown the door before Danny that's a certainty

Agreed but I had them both in my list too sell. Don't forget my list was on the basis we get Mbappe & Mahrez so I guess Welbeck will be safe :)

African Flair

What about Aguero? Keep seeing the number £50-60m for him which seems entirely reasonable for an absolutely top notch, proven, EPL ready striker. Injury concerns me a bit, but he should be coming into the peak of his career. Just an idea (thought bubble really).
Going by this season he's well past his peak, looked poor every City game I've watched this season. Wouldn't surprised me if he's about to break down rapidly ala Torres. Huge risk gunning for Aguero at this point in his career.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doing the business in 5 CL games doesn't establish him as a top CF. Need I remind you of Bendtner scoring 5 goals in the CL as 22-year-old, including a hattrick against Porto and a goal away against Barca?

Players have hot and cold streaks. If you were to judge Ramsey on his best form, he's literally a world class midfielder. In the current market, probably £80m. You wait two seasons and what is he now? Not even half of that. Maybe 1/3.

James Rodriguez became one of the most expensive footballers ever after looking like a world beater at the WC. Was he proven? Certainly hasn't lived up to his price tag.

It takes more than half a season + some CL games to become established. There's a ton of valid concerns being brought up like him not playing as a lone striker (that is huge and completely disregarded by a lot of people) etc.

Which is why Belotti at a high price or Dolberg as a gamble are the much better options.

Keplaz

We haven't had a striker who the opposition genuinely fear in ages. I think Mbappe is worth the money. It's not like he's scoring tap ins and at 18, he has that resale value that Arsenal love. My worry is that signing him kills Nketiah and Mavididi. That's the one reason I think Arsène won't buy him. He doesn't kill players, remember how he refused to sign Alonso because he didn't want to kill Denilson. Then Denilson committed **** anyway and ended up at Sao Paulo...

allegro

If Arsenal are prepared to spend £85mil on Mbappe this is good whether he goes to Madrid or not cause with hat type of money we could get somebody else if he snubs us and goes to Madrid.

Lacazette, aubameyang ect...

I'm really hoping Wenger has sat down with the board and said.

"Look if you want me to sign this extension this is how it has to be"

And named a sh!t load of expensive yet relevant targets to take us next level and told the board Alexis has to be paid £270k plus a week.

Come Wenger make us happy again
We haven't had a striker who the opposition genuinely fear in ages. I think Mbappe is worth the money. It's not like he's scoring tap ins and at 18, he has that resale value that Arsenal love. My worry is that signing him kills Nketiah and Mavididi. That's the one reason I think Arséne won't buy him. He doesn't kill players, remember how he refused to sign Alonso because he didn't want to kill Denilson. Then Denilson committed **** anyway and ended up at Sao Paulo...
Yes he is famous for that, but for all his thick skin he now knows his tenure here is on its last legs...there wont be ANOTHER rebuilding project after this one!

Maybe this will force him to bring in the 2 or 3 top top players that will deliver results now so he can at least deliver a PL trophy next season then maybe he will take a real tilt for the CL not just take part to increase our bank balance.

I want him out...have done for over 6-7 years seen his BS and I think he really is Clueso reborn! However just maybe he could get this guy, in 2 years he can sell him for a profit ( with the PL or CL in bag) and still not kill the likes of Mavididi or Nketiah?

AVENTUS

Nketiah and Mavididi are both 17 & 18 respectively.

If they was any good they'll be in the first team already Mbappe is 18 and doing conclusively well, Messi was 16 when he was called up the Barcelona A team.

To turn down a player for the chances of prospects in your youth team is criminal. Just look at players like Akpom & Afobe who were meant to be the "next big thing"

African Flair

Nketiah and Mavididi are both 17 & 18 respectively.

If they was any good they'll be in the first team already Mbappe is 18 and doing conclusively well, Messi was 16 when he was called up the Barcelona A team.

To turn down a player for the chances of prospects in your youth team is criminal. Just look at players like Akpom & Afobe who were meant to be the "next big thing"
This is football. At the highest stage. You got to be ruthless couse only the strongest are meant to survive.

Hinderz

Nketiah and Mavididi are both 17 & 18 respectively. If they was any good they'll be in the first team already

As a matter of perspective, at that age our second most prolific striker ever was playing Sunday league with a dodgy attitude.

We shouldnt be protecting them from competiton, but we shouldnt be writing them off either

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Doing the business in 5 CL games doesn't establish him as a top CF. Need I remind you of Bendtner scoring 5 goals in the CL as 22-year-old, including a hattrick against Porto and a goal away against Barca?

Players have hot and cold streaks. If you were to judge Ramsey on his best form, he's literally a world class midfielder. In the current market, probably £80m. You wait two seasons and what is he now? Not even half of that. Maybe 1/3.

James Rodriguez became one of the most expensive footballers ever after looking like a world beater at the WC. Was he proven? Certainly hasn't lived up to his price tag.

It takes more than half a season + some CL games to become established. There's a ton of valid concerns being brought up like him not playing as a lone striker (that is huge and completely disregarded by a lot of people) etc.
Finally some sense.

logic DC

I just don't see us out bidding Real, United, City etc. though I would love seeing this kid here, probably the most exciting footballer rn behind only Neymar.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I just don't see us out bidding Real, United, City etc. though I would love seeing this kid here, probably the most exciting footballer rn behind only Neymar.

I'm pretty sure we wont out bid them, that's why the only chance we have of getting Mbappe is if he only wants us from those that bid for him. At 18 he knows where ever he goes next wont be his last club. Do you jump straight into the arms of Real where the pressure will be huge from fans and club, or do you come to a club like Arsenal, develop as a player, live in an amazing city, and move on in 4 or 5 years time if you want to. He's supposed to be a sensible lad, I know what I'd do.

First step is to bid serious money for him and take it from there.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

How people far at Real and Barca doesn't matte much

Real sold Makelele ffs and Özil to an extent
Barca had muddafacking Zlatan and couldn't incorporate him, they sold Alexis

James Rodriquez would be STELLAR for us

his skillsset and playingstyle is right between Sanchez and Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom