• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
marginally better stats than Martial had.

will cost more and still got the risk Martial had, Ligue 1 is not the premier league

, I'd preferably would like to see an inch or two more and a few pounds

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
How people far at Real and Barca doesn't matte much

Real sold Makelele ffs and Özil to an extent
Barca had muddafacking Zlatan and couldn't incorporate him, they sold Alexis

James Rodriquez would be STELLAR for us

his skillsset and playingstyle is right between Sanchez and Özil

Not sure what your point is. Özil was seen as world class for Real, and his sale left a lot of people confused. Same with Makelele, although he was undervalued by the supporters. Both of them performed incredibly well for Real, certainly better than James ever has.

Zlatan? When you have the best player of all time in his position and probably the best overall team the world has ever seen, you can afford to sell the primadonna who 1: Doesn't speak the language and 2: Didn't fit with their playstyle. It's not like they sold Zlatan and were left with nothing, they sold him because it had become quite obvious that he wasn't needed and on very high wages. To put it in other words, Zlatan wouldn't have started for Barca going forward if he'd stayed. He wasn't good enough.

They sold Sanchez because they had brought in better players and he was too good/unwilling to stay on the bench.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
LoL Zlatan not good enough? are you insane?

if Messi is so good (I think he is) he should have been able to play of Zlatan with Zlatan

but he was stealing the spotlight from Messi and he couldn't handle that, same thing happened to Cesc

Sanchez would have been doing equally as good as Suarez/Neymar(the later is super overrated)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
But my main point is that players of really high quality are often mismanaged at Real/Barca because they have so much politics going on

and they tend to fatten their squads to much so that players gets benched too much

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

if Messi is so good (I think he is) he should have been able to play of Zlatan with Zlatan

but he was stealing the spotlight from Messi and he couldn't handle that, same thing happened to Cesc

Sanchez would have been doing equally as good as Suarez/Neymar(the later is super overrated)

In a high pressing system that Barca utilized back then, having a lazy ****er like Zlatan up top doesn't work. Hence Messi > Villa > Pedro > Zlatan. Pedro and Villa were incredibly important to their setup.

I'm not saying Zlatan isn't a better overall footballer than Villa and Pedro, but he didn't fit. Messi was already playing as a false 9, doing barely anything in defense. Zlatan does **** all defensively by default, and you just can't have two players like that when you're trying to press high up the pitch.

Personally think you're being mental with the last line. Suarez was/is levels above Sanchez, it's not even close. We're talking about a player who dragged a ****e Liverpool side into title contention under Brendan Rodgers, scoring at an almost 1:1 games to goal ratio and almost lead the league in assist at the same time. We haven't seen anything close to that from Sanchez.

Neymar is closer, but I still think Neymar is better than Sanchez. He's also 3 years younger which obviously plays a huge role as well.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Zlatan is not lazy, he is 200+pounds of muscles, takes some effort to lug that around

A better manager would have made it fit, it is like he said, they bought a ferrari and drove it like a fiat

They could have found a way for it too work

Messi would have been superb in a even falser 9-role as a proper trequartista, maybe he'd score less but overall the team would have scored more.

If Zlatan had played for a top nation in Europe he would reciece the praise he deserves.

WhatAFC

Zlatan is not lazy, he is 200+pounds of muscles, takes some effort to lug that around

A better manager would have made it fit, it is like he said, they bought a ferrari and drove it like a fiat

They could have found a way for it too work

Messi would have been superb in a even falser 9-role as a proper trequartista, maybe he'd score less but overall the team would have scored more.

If Zlatan had played for a top nation in Europe he would reciece the praise he deserves.
Yes, Barca could have made it work. But why would you when you're already killing it. Why would you change an entire system to suit one player when you're already the most successful team around?

I honestly cannot believe that you think Sanchez is, was or would have been close to Suarez. Messi and Ronaldo are miles ahead of everyone, and Suarez has been a long way ahead of the rest for a few seasons.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How people far at Real and Barca doesn't matte much

Real sold Makelele ffs and Özil to an extent
Barca had muddafacking Zlatan and couldn't incorporate him, they sold Alexis

James Rodriquez would be STELLAR for us

his skillsset and playingstyle is right between Sanchez and Özil

Real was a mess for what seemed to be a long time after they sold Makelele. Dude was a beast.

African Flair

About the whole Barca/Zlatan situation, he did good there while playing and the team did as well. Thought it was common knowledge his outing wasn't football related.

Last edited:

fabo

6.51 / 10
A young Frenchie who might not actually be a hype job like the numerous others in the last decade.

Wilshere's Right

Sorry but this made me laugh a lot. :lol:

Neymar is apparently super overrated now. I was in Barcelona a couple of months ago and went to see them play Celta (5-0). Neymar was unbelievable. Watching him live you saw how supremely talented he is. And he's playing in Messi's shadow at the moment. The guy is a beast. He's easily in the top 5 players in the world right now. How is this even a question? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom