• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Claude's twitter is genuinely hilarious, I may follow him. Love how he talks with 100% confidence about the deal being done, I want it to be true just so Claude can be known as an ITK. Imagine that.:lol:

From now on I think my only input to this thread will be 'Announce Mbappe'. It's done lads, trust me.

ClubLevel

Been away on holiday for two weeks. No real developments. No new signings (backroom staff aside), cannot say I am surprised but feel better not having all the hope built up and then having it taken away.

Hopefully today is the day it happens. But will probably go United with Mendes getting involved somehow.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Been away on holiday for two weeks. No real developments. No new signings (backroom staff aside), cannot say I am surprised but feel better not having all the hope built up and then having it taken away.

Hopefully today is the day it happens. But will probably go United with Mendes getting involved somehow.

No real developments? His family saying they don't care if we're in the CL and singing Wenger's praises is better than most of the trash rumours we hear.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Say we get Mbappe, what are everyone's expectations of him this season ?
Around 15 league goals would be immense for an 18 year old and confirm him as the wonder kid we all think he is. 20 league goals and we'd be lucky to keep him for even two years.

Because of his fee many might be expecting him to perform like a top player already though which could make for a rocky first season if he signs. Despite that I'm tempted to say he's already better than all our strikers.

Personally I would just be happy with performances that suggest he's still improving. I remember when Suarez used to hit the post all the time which affected his numbers, despite that you could tell that he was going to explode eventually.

GoonerHart

I don't get the reports, but Mendes is in on the deal on Monaco's side apparently, but someone claimed that would hinder uniteds chances which seems like a mistake to me as I'd expect it to improve them

GoonerHart

Around 15 league goals would be immense for an 18 year old and confirm him as the wonder kid we all think.
See I think that's a bit low I'd expect 20, purely because of the price and the expectation he'll help turn the club around. But considering his age, new club and league I think 15 would be reasonable, I feel the league will be harder week to week than ligue 1 also

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Considering Mbappe only started 17 games, 15 goals and 8 assists is exceptional for anyone let alone a 18 year old.

Last edited:

GoonerHart

Beacon of hope is what he brings. This is much bigger than just getting a good player. This is a statement, this will unite the fans, the manager the owners. Will be bigger than özil was.
I agree, wholeheartedly but if we're being honest if he delivers 2 goals this season he'll get a ton of criticism

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

See I think that's a bit low I'd expect 20, purely because of the price and the expectation he'll help turn the club around. But considering his age, new club and league I think 15 would be reasonable, I feel the league will be harder week to week than ligue 1 also
Tbf Giroud's league average is 14, 15 would be an improvement.:lol:

I don't want to get into how many he'll score as we're not even close to signing him but he finishes and moves like an experienced striker. Honestly can't predict how many he'll score.

GoonerHart

Tbf Giroud's league average is 14, 15 would be an improvement.:lol:

I don't want to get into how many he'll score as we're not even close to signing him but he finishes and moves like an experienced striker. Honestly can't predict how many he'll score.
Fair enough I'm revising my estimate personally though and saying if he doesn't get a Hattrick each game then he's a failure!

Whilst I know the friend or family member did t mean literally today, I can't help but find myself a bit obsessed today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom