• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Love

Walk into that meeting with Alexis proving our ambition with multiple signings and a huge wage offer and he's in the bag

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Walk into the meeting saying we've signed Lemar, Kolasinac, Lacazette and could potentially sign Mbappe and you've got one Alexis contract in the bag, completely agree.

If Alexis turns round and says no then it isn't ambition or money he's after he just genuinely wants to leave our club

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Walk into that meeting with Alexis proving our ambition with multiple signings and a huge wage offer and he's in the bag
it's not about ambition with him it's about the money he asking for at least 300K a week even clubs like PSG and Bayern Munich finding it difficult, we won 2 trophies in last 3 years he is been with us yes we should do better in the league but that the best we can do with the owner we got honestly.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel Lacazette could be the game changer... Signing a striker in his prime to play along side Alexis.

Not convinced he stays for an 18 & 21 yo. Thats more a sign the club are planning for the future which must be a worry at 28, out of the Champions League & a huge gap to 1st place.

For all Wengers qualities at developing young players he wins trophies with men.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
it's not about ambition with him it's about the money he asking for at least 300K a week even clubs like PSG and Bayern Munich finding it difficult, we won 2 trophies in last 3 years he is been with us yes we should do better in the league but that the best we can do with the owner we got honestly.

Arsenal has roughly the same payroll as PSG (only a bit less) and a bigger payroll than Bayern. In fact, Arsenal has the 7th highest payroll in the world. It has nothing to do with the owner being some sort of cheapskate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal has roughly the same payroll as PSG (only a bit less) and a bigger payroll than Bayern. In fact, Arsenal has the 7th highest payroll in the world. It has nothing to do with the owner being some sort of cheapskate.
you right i been reading that we already offered him 300K a week let's hope he make his final decision after the cup.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
you right i been reading that we already offered him 300K a week let's hope he make his final decision after the cup.

I'm actually pretty confident he'll stay. I don't think he's going to get a better contract out of anyone else aside from maybe City (and I can't see Wenger backing down on his word there). Besides, all this has just been paper talk anyway, based on his not having signed a contract yet, combined with speculation and probably some wishful thinking. I've yet to hear anything from Alexis even hinting that he wants to leave.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Gotta do our job now and bring those fellas in before he comes back from Russia.
I'd say put a table on the field with a bag with loads of cash on it and get Lemar and Lacazette doing trickshots next to them.
While discussing a new deal, as Alexis is like a nursery child, he won't be able to leave without joining them, after having realized that we got two real gems there, he will sign da ting straight after.

We should keep him and offer him one year extension in september to current deal, 300k and 50-60 million free release clause.

Thats how we keep him for one year which I think we really want and at same time protect his market value.

And thats how his agent gets lot of money and Sanchez can join other team next summer at same time showing respect to us the fans of the club.

That is of course if he really wants to leave.

Mudi

We need to keep him at all cost, even if he doesn't sign a new contract. Hands down best player in the EPL.

Btw, this is the year we should go all in for the EPL. Play the kids on the Europa league games, keep the main guys fresh for the league (Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kos, ...). If we win the league, he will probably stay. If we don't, we don't deserve him ...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Offer him a new deal with a clause that says he can leave if a £40m offer comes in for him next summer, but it's only valid if we don't win the league.

Mudi

Btw, if Aguero is available. We should go all in for him and ditch any interest in Lacazette. The one is the best striker in the EPL while the other one is just scoring penalties in a much weaker competition ...

Can you imagine:
Sanchez-Aguero-Özil

And you only have to play them once a week ...

Ted_Lasso

Btw, if Aguero is available. We should go all in for him and ditch any interest in Lacazette. The one is the best striker in the EPL while the other one is just scoring penalties in a much weaker competition ...

Can you imagine:
Sanchez-Aguero-Özil

And you only have to play them once a week ...

Lacazette is a whole three years younger, and comes with the added benefit of never having played for City. Not really up for another Agent Cech, Welbeck type.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's also a reflection of how inefficient we are with the resources we have at our disposal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd lose no sleep if we sold Sanchez and bought in say Lemar + Mahrez. I'd only be annoyed if he joined a rival.

Mudi

Lacazette is a whole three years younger, and comes with the added benefit of never having played for City. Not really up for another Agent Cech, Welbeck type.

First of all, bringing an EPL proven striker from a rival would make a very big statement. If there is a chance you can buy Aguero, Costa or Kane (best 3 strikers in EPL), you just do it.

Secondly, Aguero just became 29 years old. That guy is in his prime and is a guaranteed 25 goals a year! Remember we have sold Van Persie when he was 29 years old and he has won Man Utd directly the title.

We are just a few pieces away of having a very good shout for the title. There is no real team that stands out at the moment. City are buying players like crazy and they have to figure out how to play. Chelsea gets weaker by selling Costa and Matic. Man Utd has still an overrated squad. Liverpool made marginally improvement. And Sp**s are doing nothing on the market.

By buying Lacazette (who probably has to adapt to the league), you just destroy the opportunity to improve significantly and challenge for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom