• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

BBF

Chambers was one of Middleborough's best players whilst Gabriel's best cameo was a few average games at right back. Levels.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Chambers best at Arsenal was one game at a charity shield game and another one or two at RB too tbf.

Gabriel is the superior athlete and bigger. That gives him the edge over Chambers for me.

neimad

People are being very harsh on Chambers. He went out on loan and had a very good season for a piss poor Boro team. Learned a lot from a defensive coach in Karanka whilst he was there and then had a good tournament with the English U-21s in Poland. Will be a solid option for us if called upon this season. We'd have a conveyor belt of players coming and going if we just gave up on them after a poor spell.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Rumours on Twitter that Jim White on talks sport radio is claiming Gibbs to WBA for £12m and Chambers to Palace for £20m.

I would be annoyed if this is true. Makes no sense selling two players who out performed Bellerin last season but we decide to keep Bellerin who is on a ridiculous wage.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Rumours on Twitter that Jim White on talks sport radio is claiming Gibbs to WBA for £12m and Chambers to Palace for £20m.

I would be annoyed if this is true. Makes no sense selling two players who out performed Bellerin last season but we decide to keep Bellerin who is on a ridiculous wage.

Bellerin played injured for a majority of the season. Had an issue with his ankle.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure Hector will have his head back on straight now Barce have a young RB better than him.

Hope we spend the 20m on Aurier problems & all.

billyf

OMG. 32 mp for these two. That's ridiculous.
If it's true though we should accept the deal, with that amount of money we can replace them.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm rather ambivalent about whether Chambers stays or goes. He had a good season at Boro and would provide good depth, but if Arsenal can get £20 million out of him they should take it. They have enough CB options and if they do go in for a top guy such as Van Dijk that would pay a good chunk of the fee. And truthfully it would probably be a good move for Calum because he'd have a chance to be a regular.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing is with Chambers he'll always be good at Boro level in a team that is set up to defend. He gets caught out for us when our backs are against the wall, he just isn't good enough and never will be.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Tbf he was only young and kept getting shifted about into about 3 different positions. Seems far too early to give up on him imo.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Of course Gibbs out performed Bellerin last season but granted that's not saying much.

Gibbs isn't a great player by any means but he isn't half as bad as some make him out to be on here.
The guy who played just 11 times in the league, most of them from the bench somehow outperformed Bellerin who played 33 times with an ankle injury. Seems about right.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Football fans are, as a rule, extremely fickle but ours seem to give most fanbases a run for their money in those stakes.

Memories are rather short and forget that Chambers performed quite admirably when called on during his debut season at CB. His composure and aggression were exemplary and his supposed lack of height never counted against him. It was only when he deputized at RB against Swansea during that 2-1 loss when Montero (who on that day would've made a fool out of anyone on that flank) gave him a torrid time. In that instance, he was tarred with the brush of failure.

It's amazing that Chambers is bludgeoned with the hammer whilst the walking calamity that is Gabriel is handled with a velvet glove. He deserves a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his manager, he owes us nothing.

I honestly hope that Holding maintains his excellent form, otherwise he'll find himself on the end of a torrent of abuse from the experts that litter this place.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Football fans are as a rule extremely fickle but ours seem to give most fanbases a run for their money in those stakes.

Memories are rather short and forget that Chambers performed quite admirably when called on during his debut season at CB. His composure and aggression were exemplary and his supposed lack of height never counted against him. It was only when he deputized at RB against Southampton during that 2-1 loss when Montero (who on that day would've made a food out of anyone on that flank) gave him a torrid time. In that instance, he was tarred with the brush of failure.

It's amazing that Chambers is bludgeoned with the hammer whilst the walking calamity that is Gabriel is handled with a velvet glove. He deserves a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his manager, he owes us nothing.

I honestly hope that Holding maintains his excellent form, otherwise he'll find himself on the end of a torrent of abuse from the experts that litter this place.

It was against Swansea, but other than that I agree with your post.

Mudi

Don't get what people see in Chambers?
Slow, physical not great, poor in the air, position-wise not the best, ...
The only good thing about him is his ball-handling, he is very good with the ball on his feet.

We made a gamble back then and it was not a great success. If we can get a fee of £20m with a possible buy-back or sell on fee (25%) clause, that would be a very good deal!

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom