• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

BobP

Memri Fan
I think they finished on 86 points last season.

When was the last time we finished on a healthy total like that? We struggle to break into the 80s even in so called good years.

It's also funny how people use the discrepency in funding between ourselves and the likes of Chelsea, City, and United to justify our position but apparently the same doesn't apply to Tottenham who are probably on par with Everton in terms of spending but they have been able to get the most out of what they have.

Furthermore, people use their performances in Europe as a stick to beat them with. It's important to note that they have little to no recent history in European competitions. How long did it take for Wenger to make his mark in the premier European club competition? He certainly didn't make an immediate mark.

GunnerShy

People are allowed to admire why they've done. They are ultra competitive against clubs spending significantly more cash than them. In fees and wages.

That said, unless they smash their wage structure they will continue to have their best players slowly cherry picked from them and will struggle to buy top talent. This year they will play at Wembley which hopefully clips their wings causing them to fall out of the top four and lose their best players. Sliding them further back in mediocrity. Then Sp**s fans can told about the glory years when they finished in the top 4 a couple of season in a row!

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
People are allowed to admire why they've done. They are ultra competitive against clubs spending significantly more cash than them. In fees and wages.

That said, unless they smash their wage structure they will continue to have their best players slowly cherry picked from them and will struggle to buy top talent. This year they will play at Wembley which hopefully clips their wings causing them to fall out of the top four and lose their best players. Sliding them further back in mediocrity. Then Sp**s fans can told about the glory years when they finished in the top 4 a couple of season in a row!
Too bad Kane doesn't seem to be the mercenary type -- would love to see him sold to Madrid or PSG.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
The clock is counting down for Totteringham Hotspuds. This is their golden generation and if they don't win one of the big three in the next 2-3 seasons I see all their best players and Pochettino moving on. Then this small club will be back in their rightful little place!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it interesting that Sp**s lack of transfer activity has gone under the radar. They apparantly don't need to improve their squad when all the teams around them are improving theirs. Their coach is so good that their brand of football will surpass any other football being played. They haven't spent because they can't. They can't afford to because they are building a new stadium. They pay low wages because they can't afford to pay higher ones. They won't win anything because they simply are not good enough. They are not mentally strong enough and they do not have world class players to compete with the other big clubs.

I think it was Keown who said they are 10 years behind Arsenal. I think it's more. Remember when we played our Champions League games at Wembley? Remember in 2008 when we went on a spree of selling all of our players because of a wage structure and stadium move. Anyone who thinks Sp**s are not going to struggle in the next 5 years are seriously deluded.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I find it interesting that Sp**s lack of transfer activity has gone under the radar. They apparantly don't need to improve their squad when all the teams around them are improving theirs. Their coach is so good that their brand of football will surpass any other football being played. They haven't spent because they can't. They can't afford to because they are building a new stadium. They pay low wages because they can't afford to pay higher ones. They won't win anything because they simply are not good enough. They are not mentally strong enough and they do not have world class players to compete with the other big clubs.

I think it was Keown who said they are 10 years behind Arsenal. I think it's more. Remember when we played our Champions League games at Wembley? Remember in 2008 when we went on a spree of selling all of our players because of a wage structure and stadium move. Anyone who thinks Sp**s are not going to struggle in the next 5 years are seriously deluded.
Makes me happy.

SteveEvets

I see they lost to Roma. Didn't catch the match, was it a legit result, or are they still nailed on to win the treble?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I see they lost to Roma. Didn't catch the match, was it a legit result, or are they still nailed on to win the treble?
Only caught the last 10 minutes of the match. I know they scored two goal very late.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I drive past their new toilet on most days and the cringy images on the hoarding that goes around the perimeter of the toilet site with varying tripe written under them make me ill. Among many, there's one with Kane wearing the most ridiculous pose with a player either side of him. Underneath, the message is 'There's something stirring in north London...'.

Honestly, they can't help but mug themselves. It's so ingrained now that they're even mugging themselves when they're trying desperately to appear bullish. 'Something stirring'? :lol: It conjurs up and image of a rancid tramp twitching as he sleeps in a urine soaked fire exit at the side of a building. It's like Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses works in their PR department. 'This time next year Rodney...' :lol:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Antonio Conte is a good manager but also a very wise man. Here's what he said about Sp**s:

"If [Sp**s] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team."

It's true. Pochettino is a good coach but he doesn't deal with the same kind of pressure as Wenger, Pep, Conte, Mou and Klopp. The guy is treated like a god at Sp**s despite never winning anything. And now Sp**s are adopting this holier-than-thou attitude regarding transfer market and spending. It's really quite annoying

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Antonio Conte is a good manager but also a very wise man. Here's what he said about Sp**s:

"If [Sp**s] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team."

It's true. Pochettino is a good coach but he doesn't deal with the same kind of pressure as Wenger, Pep, Conte, Mou and Klopp. The guy is treated like a god at Sp**s despite never winning anything. And now Sp**s are adopting this holier-than-thou attitude regarding transfer market and spending. It's really quite annoying
For teams in the top half of the Prem the pressure 0n a manager (or expectation) from the board is proportional to expenditure. Simples.

United have laid out over a half a billion on their team. This is why they've gone through 3 managers since 2013. They expect to win it. City and Chelsea have similar expectations.

Arsenal, Sp**s and Liverpool are in a different boat because their expenditure has been much less and expectation hasn't been the same at board level.

What's unusual is Arsenal. For some years, partly due to social media unrest fomented by Piers Morgan, fans have behaved like the United board putting Wenger under huge pressure of expectation.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
For teams in the top half of the Prem the pressure 0n a manager (or expectation) from the board is proportional to expenditure. Simples.

United have laid out over a half a billion on their team. This is why they've gone through 3 managers since 2013. They expect to win it. City and Chelsea have similar expectations.

Arsenal, Sp**s and Liverpool are in a different boat because their expenditure has been much less and expectation hasn't been the same at board level.

What's unusual is Arsenal. For some years, partly due to social media unrest fomented by Piers Morgan, fans have behaved like the United board putting Wenger under huge pressure of expectation.
But then why the PR run around and several quotes to get Arsenal fans believing the board would have the same expectations as others top teams. Pool and Sp**s don;t go to these extents of tormenting their fans and raising their expectations. The expectation of Arsenal fans is a direct product of statements made by the club and Wenger himself....

FinnGooner

Established Member

Not that simples. Why Arsenal is lumped in the same category as ManU, ManC and Chelsea is because like them, we have won multiple trophies PL title included in recent history, unlike Liverpool and Sp**s. Majority of our current fans have witnessed the club win multiple domestic trophies and therefore they think we should win them in the future as well. And since we've been able to be competitive without spending next to nothing, shouldn't we be even more competitive when we spend something?As for the social media and Piers Morgan, I think you're over emphasizing their role. Lot of expectations stem from what Wenger and Gazidis themselves have said publicly. They have declared the PL title as the aim year after year even during the days we weren't spending (unwisely so imo). The prssure to do so has probably been linked to our very high ticket prices with are difficult to justify if you do not declare ambition. So imo, without so spending, Arsenal as a club has still positioned themselves into that group of clubs that are expected to win every year.

Also, when we discuss spending, I think wages should be included because only concentrating on transfer fees doesn't give you the entire picture.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lot of expectations stem from what Wenger and Gazidis themselves have said publicly. They have declared the PL title as the aim year after year even during the days we weren't spending (unwisely so imo). The prssure to do so has probably been linked to our very high ticket prices with are difficult to justify if you do not declare ambition. So imo, without so spending, Arsenal as a club has still positioned themselves into that group of clubs that are expected to win every year.
To post.

The question isn't what are the expecations. We know what they are, The question is, who has created these expectations. Sorry @Makingtrax but nobody can deny that Arsenal football club, Gazidis and Wenger have been at the forefront of conveying these expectations to the fans.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
[QUOTE"If [Sp**s] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

[/QUOTE]

It's funny because he said it about Sp**s, but I still think it's disrespectful and now he's trying to unsettle Kane. I thought he had more about him than that.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But then why the PR run around and several quotes to get Arsenal fans believing the board would have the same expectations as others top teams. Pool and Sp**s don;t go to these extents of tormenting their fans and raising their expectations. The expectation of Arsenal fans is a direct product of statements made by the club and Wenger himself....
Can't argue with that. They don't help themselves. The words shoot and foot spring to mind.

Don't remember the Liverpool board saying they'd challenge for the title this year but then again I don't follow them. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can't argue with that. They don't help themselves. The words shoot and foot spring to mind.

Don't remember the Liverpool board saying they'd challenge for the title this year but then again I don't follow them. :lol:
I don't think the pool board have to create any expectations. Their fans are stuck in some kind of strange time warp and honestly believe they have some kind of divine right to the title. Only Sp**s have more delusion amongst their ranks.

Although, both those clubs have begun to seriously threaten us in recent years and I don't feel comfortable laughing at either for too long in case I get egg on my face.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom