• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balthazar

That Man City No 8 was a disgrace, they must teach them early how to con the ref by rolling around holding your face, cheating fvckers. As for the tackle, it was a shoulder charge intended to flatten the player but Wilshere should have stayed down I guess, maybe the City player would have gone then.

Actually both got red cards. But Jack seriously needs to control his temper. I love when our players have some bite, but they need to be clever about it also. Get get a red simply helps the opposition in the end. Wilshere has turned into such a hothead.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Jack wont change, he's Jack the Lad who drinks and smokes and shouldn't. Having said that, he has more talent than most of our players and a fit Jack Wilshere gets into our team, regardless of his behaviour in this u23 game. Wenger is sensible enough to understand the frustrations of a player who has struggled with injuries so much. From what I saw he was being targeted, ok he shouldn't react but he's human. He'll be getting subs appearances soon enough in the first team, then its up to him to make it regular and be an important part of this season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Actually both got red cards. But Jack seriously needs to control his temper. I love when our players have some bite, but they need to be clever about it also. Get get a red simply helps the opposition in the end. Wilshere has turned into such a hothead.

Yes I realised later. The bit I saw was the tackle, brawl, and Jack being sent off. As I said, he should have stayed down when flattened.

Relic

Smith, the guy who tackled Wilshere, didn't get sent off. Wilson was the one who got sent off for his part in the brawl.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Forgot how much quality on the ball he had, stands out among any of our midfielders - I actually think that says a lot about how poor our midfield signings have been for years now more than what it says about Jack - Jack is quality but we used to have lots of players that were very good on the ball and retaining possession. We really are awful in the middle now.

Interestingly when I look at clips of our midfield of some of our poorer seasons over the last 10 years they tend to still look better than what we have now... Miss Santi.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That Man City No 8 was a disgrace, they must teach them early how to con the ref by rolling around holding your face, cheating fvckers. As for the tackle, it was a shoulder charge intended to flatten the player but Wilshere should have stayed down I guess, maybe the City player would have gone then.

The game is also played with your brain. It was very interesting how Ali spent a huge amount of time winding up Chelsea players on Sunday trying to draw a foul. He does this a lot. Eventually he succeeded and sp*rs scored from the resulting free kick. Just like he wanted.

A player who reacts is a liability to the team. If the opposition knows a players temperament is suspect they will try/plan to get him sent off. Dark arts and all that. Sad to say but you're right, Jack should have rolled around after the initial tackle. I know its not right but its where football is at the moment.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The game is also played with your brain. It was very interesting how Ali spent a huge amount of time winding up Chelsea players on Sunday trying to draw a foul. He does this a lot. Eventually he succeeded and sp*rs scored from the resulting free kick. Just like he wanted.

A player who reacts is a liability to the team. If the opposition knows a players temperament is suspect they will try/plan to get him sent off. Dark arts and all that. Sad to say but you're right, Jack should have rolled around after the initial tackle. I know its not right but its where football is at the moment.

I didn't say roll around, I said stay down :) partly to calm down and not react, this is a way he can control his anger.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
That was a horrendous assault of a shoulder barge and I can understand Wilshere's reaction to defend himself. Technically it had to be a red card for Wilshere though.

I hope the City player who did the shoulder barge and faked a facial injury got sent off, not just the little punk who came in after for the brawl.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant wait for him to get back in the first team.

No big deal with the slap or tunnel incident either... Its what a hyped up old Jack, Cesc or half the Invincibles would have done.

The fire looks there again.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Get em Jack :drool:

This public arrogance will make him an even a bigger target from opponents and distract him from getting back to his best
Few years ago, when Jack said something about why Scholes voiced his opinion of him in TV, afterwards Jack said he had a phone call with Scholes and cleared the air....

It's like a pattern of him of having a short fuse on all matters. His nightclub antics, his apparent request to go out of club last year after being rejected from England etc...

Sadly it seems even as he got more mature, the hot-head is still in him and it will be a massive task for Wenger to bring him back to first eleven

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The only thing I want him to change is the whole diving into an unnecessary challenge and getting crocked scenario!!!!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes I realised later. The bit I saw was the tackle, brawl, and Jack being sent off. As I said, he should have stayed down when flattened.
This the trouble with football in a nutshell. The initial tackle was not good and if Wilshere had gone down writhing in agony Smith might have been shown a red given Wishere's injury record.

But getting up and pushing one player and fighting with another shows total naivety about the modern game and how to other professionals play it. Similar thing happened against Chelsea with Gabriel 2 seasons ago. Costa with a smirk that day.

Relic

"Wilshere suspended for next three U23 matches (including Liverpool on Friday) but can still play for first-team."

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
This the trouble with football in a nutshell. The initial tackle was not good and if Wilshere had gone down writhing in agony Smith might have been shown a red given Wishere's injury record.

But getting up and pushing one player and fighting with another shows total naivety about the modern game and how to other professionals play it. Similar thing happened against Chelsea with Gabriel 2 seasons ago. Costa with a smirk that day.

The initial shoulder charge was a clear red for violent conduct. No attempt to play the ball.

I suppose it is naïve of Wilshere but you can understand his feeling of a need to defend himself after being physically attacked.

Gabriel was just stupidly letting Costa get under his skin and not leaving it. Not really the same thing to me.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Assuming we don't get a CM I hope we bring Jack back into the first team squad as soon he's ready. I'll take him and his temper over any soft **** who puts the ball out of play for "injured" Stoke players.

Jack would've drove at the heart of Stoke's defence even if Diouf had broke his leg.

Taurus

We are crying out for some "hard men" (not saying hes hard) and now people are complaining because he showed some aggresiveness...

Good on Jack I say, that lil **** wanted to injure him. Pretty normal to get angry when they have been tackling him hard all game.

Imagine you are Jack and you want to overcome your injuries for the past how many years to have a future at Arsenal and some lil **** wants to cause some damage, I would grab that pricks throat

Well done Jack, love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom