• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What about the millionaire footballer Steven Caulker and his depression? Because he earns more does that mean he isn't entitled to have mental health problems? Are such things only for the 'hard working' working men of the world? Absolute stupidity on every count in this post.

Firstly sulking isn't depression

it belittles people in the real world when celebs and rich people try to humanize themselves with ailments like common folk

It is major first world problems

yeah yeah we are all humans and all that but many of the things are just poor excuses IMO

I could be wrong (It doesn't happen often) and celebs coming out with their issues helps people, I hope that is the case. it lessens the social stigma, it educates people about issues and so on.

but I also fear that there is a risk of the average Joe seeing multimillionaire famous loved footballer coming out and saying they are depressed and how hard it is. what does that make averege Joe feel? if hotshot richie rich can't deal with it with all his millions and time?

What is average Joe with no money to think? He sees richie rich not being able to handle it with all the means in the world and figures there is no use in little old him to even try.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do people genuinely believe that money makes famous people immune from depression? Having a lot of money doesn't automatically mean you're constantly happy.
Rich people are more likely to be depressed. They have more time to think about stuff, too many choices. They tend to whinge and moan a lot and expect too much from life.

Guessing there's a lot of very wealthy posters on this forum. :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
it belittles people in the real world when celebs and rich people try to humanize themselves grieving over the deaths of their loved ones like common folk

that is also abit different, grieving isn't the same as depression either

I was more alluding to celebs who get depressed due to the "pressure" and so on

That is belitteling average Joe who wore out his back doing construction to be able to afford rent

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
that is also abit different, grieving isn't the same as depression either

I was more alluding to celebs who get depressed due to the "pressure" and so on

That is belitteling average Joe who wore out his back doing construction to be able to afford rent
Your average Joe analogy makes me laugh.

Still, your stance is understandable. It's partly the Richie richs fault as it is the average Joes fault, in that the former accepts acting or portraying a certain lifestyle the average Joe aspires to, however, the average Joe should also understand that behind the facade, Richie rich celebrities still deal with their own struggles - albeit in a different degree/nature.

The money/fame sort of trivialises their issues in the eyes of some.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Vieira and Keane used to lose their cool too and end up getting sent off, those two are absolutely idolised. Jack is a guy who's had a hard time with injuries and was the victim of a really poor tackle so it's definitely understandable that he'd be pissed off.

TBF they are 2 of the best players in the history of the prem full stop and were both integral factors in their teams winning major honours.

Their idolisation was fully earned on the pitch by delivering results in my opinion.

I gots love for Jack though :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also people need to watch this, that wee **** was at Jack the whole game, Jack eventually just snapped after the last bad tackle.

say yes

forum master baiter
Firstly sulking isn't depression

it belittles people in the real world when celebs and rich people try to humanize themselves with ailments like common folk

It is major first world problems

yeah yeah we are all humans and all that but many of the things are just poor excuses IMO

I could be wrong (It doesn't happen often) and celebs coming out with their issues helps people, I hope that is the case. it lessens the social stigma, it educates people about issues and so on.

but I also fear that there is a risk of the average Joe seeing multimillionaire famous loved footballer coming out and saying they are depressed and how hard it is. what does that make averege Joe feel? if hotshot richie rich can't deal with it with all his millions and time?

What is average Joe with no money to think? He sees richie rich not being able to handle it with all the means in the world and figures there is no use in little old him to even try.

You have absolutely no idea how depression works if you think wealth has anything to do with it.

chessygoal

Who is that little ****? Wanna mail him with a voodoo doll.
Yeah, Jack was clearly targeted by City players, and I really wished during the game that one of our young guns would react with a strong tackle. It didn't happen, Jack snapped, not a big story really.
And anyway I don't think it's a good thing for him to play at this level, he gets far too much time on the ball and outsmarts everyone on the pitch.
Next step for Jack is to get some minutes as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom