• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Looked really good. Needs more games, but could see him on the bench with first team soon.
Just give him the ****ing 10 year deal already

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Jack was silly for getting so mad at 18 year olds, he should have stayed down clutching his face like he got shot. But it seems he's way too much of a tough guy, always got a napoleon complex vibe from Jack though.

And to everyone saying he's ready for first team games, it's just an U23 match let him ease back into first team football.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jack was silly for getting so mad at 18 year olds, he should have stayed down clutching his face like he got shot. But it seems he's way too much of a tough guy, always got a napoleon complex vibe from Jack though.

And to everyone saying he's ready for first team games, it's just an U23 match let him ease back into first team football.

That's the precise point. It's an under 23 match. You would expect a 1st team player to run the show and stand out a class above. Last game people said he lost his burst of pace. From this match you can tell he is match sharp. He is ready to be on the bench.

zhaggy

Think its a combination of eagerness to impress and a short fuse.
His desire to make it at Arsenal is probably enormous.

On a side note Napoleon wasnt that small, around 5'7 which wasnt considered short in those days.

GunnerFinn

Don't care how often and hard that lads gone in on him, he's a grown man playing with boys. Still acts like a petulant kid a lot of the time.

Jae

That's the precise point. It's an under 23 match. You would expect a 1st team player to run the show and stand out a class above. Last game people said he lost his burst of pace. From this match you can tell he is match sharp. He is ready to be on the bench.

Think that's probably why he was getting fouled so much, City couldn't cope with him :lol:

On the plus side, the red card doesn't effect senior matches anyway.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Get em Jack :drool:
Good reply from Jack. But on a serious note he needs games to get sharp under 23 isn't ideal but it's better than nothing and he has just got himself suspended for the next three non senior games.

He has shot himself on the foot while on his Road to recovery and may inadvertently trigger a series of events that sees us forced to buy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Good reply from Jack. But on a serious note he needs games to get sharp under 23 isn't ideal but it's better than nothing and he has just got himself suspended for the next three non senior games.

He has shot himself on the foot while on his Road to recovery and may inadvertently trigger a series of events that sees us forced to buy.

He's at a point where he should be on the bench now. He doesn't need any more u23 games.

skip spence

Have not given up on Jack. A fools hope perhaps but when I think of the likes of Elneny and Coquelin I feel there should be a place in the team for a fit Jack Wilshere. The pnly player we have with the potential to offer something similar to what Cazorla offered.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's at a point where he should be on the bench now. He doesn't need any more u23 games.
The fact that he hasn't been on the bench and was playing u23 games suggest differently.

Unless last night was scheduled to be his last non senior game then the fact he won't play in the next three is going to set him back for us as a senior player.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The fact that he hasn't been on the bench and was playing u23 games suggest differently.

Unless last night was scheduled to be his last non senior game then the fact he won't play in the next three is going to set him back for us as a senior player.

That's my point. He has had two U23 games now and played around 140 minutes. He looked very good last night, much sharper than his first U23 game. Now is the point where he's ready to be on the bench and make a 20-30 minute cameo. Put it this way, i'd rather have him coming on than Walcott/Elneny/Coquelin. After the international break there'll be europa league and league cup games for him to start in and if he does well in those he can work his way into the starting lineup for the league games.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He will probably captain the 2 cup matches in a few weeks. After that, his performance in those will get him into the first team. I think Wilshere knows that he is betting on himself to get fit and havea great season for us. We can offer him thw best contract so its not worth him leaving this Summer. He is one of the boss's fav9rite player and plays with heart and skill.
He was outstanding vs City U23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom