• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Good post. That is a genuine possibility. How did Pogba go about the move to Juventus?

There was an injury crisis in midfield within the first team. Paul Scholes had retired the previous season, Fletcher and Carrick were both injured and Anderson was Anderson. Meanwhile, Pogba was dominating the reserve level for half a season. He only had 6 months left on his contract. He was in a fairly talented youth level team with Michael Keane, Jesse Lingard and Januzaj, however, was outclassing everyone of his opponents.

It was almost expected that he would get picked for the first team and that he'd extend his contract later in the month. However, instead of selecting him for a league game SAF decided to play Rafael and Park Ji Sung in midfield. A few weeks later, Paul Scholes was brought back from retirement.
Paul Pogba said:
And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either. I was pushed. My eyes were opened. I'd made this decision to sign with Juventus. There was nothing to regret.

When I saw Scholes come back part of me was really happy as he's a legend, but I knew it was the end of me. The manager thought Scholes had to play, not me, and after that I had to leave.

But yes, as you can see there are a lot of similarities with this transfer and Sancho's. We all know what happened to Pogba - battling it out with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo etc. and forcing a record breaking transfer back to United, if Jadon Sancho has the amount of drive as Pogba did then he's going to have a hell of a career.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Aurier is a miles better player than Walker. Great signing. Should've sold Ox/Bellerin and gone for him.

They're in for Keita from Lazio as well, highly rated player.

Very good window indeed if these come to frution.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Aurier is a miles better player than Walker. Great signing. Should've sold Ox/Bellerin and gone for him.

They'll probably make about three or four good signings in the last two weeks of the window. We take about 2 months to get one done.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I don't think Aurier is miles better than Walker. At this point, it is marginal, imo. He was very good when he started at Toulouse, had a good first season at PSG but since then, he seems to have plateaued if not plain regressed. He was simply awful in some games last season. Not to mention his antics and shenanigans off the pitch. He was a fan favorite at first in Paris and at the end they could not wait to haul his ass out of town.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Disgusted by how some on here are hyping Sp**s's potential transfers and on the other hand whining about how we've basically done nothing, didn't improve etc. Get a ****ing grip!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't think Aurier is miles better than Walker. At this point, it is marginal, imo. He was very good when he started at Toulouse, had a good first season at PSG but since then, he seems to have plateaued if not plain regressed. He was simply awful in some games last season. Not to mention his antics and shenanigans off the pitch. He was a fan favorite at first in Paris and at the end they could not wait to haul his ass out of town.

Also an Arsenal fan, he could do us a big favour and throw tantrums around...

GoonerBoy19

Disgusted by how some on here are hyping Sp**s's potential transfers and on the other hand whining about how we've basically done nothing, didn't improve etc. Get a ****ing grip!

We can't bury our head in sand like our board and delude ourselves to think this squad will do well. Sp**s are miles ahead of us at the moment and are still improving. On the other hand we have 3-4 first team players out of contract next year and playing players out of position in first 3 games of the season.

grunger

We can't bury our head in sand like our board and delude ourselves to think this squad will do well. Sp**s are miles ahead of us at the moment and are still improving. On the other hand we have 3-4 first team players out of contract next year and playing players out of position in first 3 games of the season.
This is so annoying, we've got the cash but don't spend it, 2 more years of this!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Identifying problem areas before they become a problem. I have no doubt in my mind that Wenger would have been happy with Trippier and Walker-Peters as RB options and I'm doubly sure he would have been happy with Kane and Janssen as striker options.

Sp**s were in a unique situation, they really don't need any starters and trying to sign a new starter would not have been cost-effective (which is what Wenger likes to pretend is our problem). Sign Keita and they've addressed the Vincent Janssen situation before it truly becomes a problem too. We've already discussed how they signed Sanchez so if things work out on that front they can sell Toby A before they lose too much negotiating power.

No pressing needs but they've still moved forward. Hate to admit it but that's top quality business if they sign Keita and still a good transfer window without.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wish Barcelona tempted us with a Ramsey offer.

We'd probably listen.

The Mustafi thing seems to be resurfacing as well, would be worrisome/telling if his agent is pushing this.

I have a very bad feeling something rotten's up at the club.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We'd probably listen.

The Mustafi thing seems to be resurfacing as well, would be worrisome/telling if his agent is pushing this.

I have a very bad feeling something rotten's up at the club.

I agree. Something is not right. Arseblog said something similar in his blog post today and in the past couple of days some Twitter "ITKs" were hinting as well.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I agree. Something is not right. Arseblog said something similar in his blog post today and in the past couple of days some Twitter "ITKs" were hinting as well.

They are all guessing tbh. Snowball effect really, bad result followed by a twitt/blog from a random **** posing as an ITK and then others join the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom