• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Like I have been saying for 18 months, and been mocked for on here, he’s in a natural decline now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Cost us the game today.. the defending for the 3rd was almost as criminal as the mistake for the 1st. Amateur stuff. He's just way too error prone to justify being called world class and unfortunately I've to agree he looks to be in decline.. Still a great defender, but can't be trusted to be a leader..

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don't think it was tiredness that was the issue, just poor decision making. Those mental mistakes are a killer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still love him, he's been a one man army at the back for so long now, to think we've never really have given him the proper protection and proper partners at the back that he truly deserved. If anyone's wasted their best years here it's him. At least he was part of the team that ended the drought and hopefully we can get the Europa League at the end of the season as another trophy for him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He’s always pulls stunts like these in the big games tbh. Just does bizarre stuff, like his suplex against Man City a couple seasons ago.

Still 1st cb and you guys will all be on his nuts again probably after the next game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Never world class.

Good for one major **** up in every very big game.

Koscielny makes more mistakes in a single season than most top defenders do in their entire careers.

This has been my sentiment for years. Koscelny s a good CB but way too error prone, him ****ng up is inevitable, think of how many big games he's dicked about in and had us concede or he gets a red card.

Serious Koscielny without Mertesacker is a liability. No one ever gave Per credit for holding that back line together.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
With his injuries and decline, he needs to be slowly phased out of the first team. Monreal too. They would be fantastic options on the bench/rotation but we need better players for the first team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
His defending for the 3rd goal was really poor and disappointing. The terrible pass for the 1st was also disappointing, but I think we have to spot a trend here. It's been a while now that our passing from the back has been very suspect. Kos/Mustafi/Monreal are good passers, but they're still defenders, we can't expect them all to be Kroos.

It feels like the reason they might be making these stupid unnecessary passes is because Xhaka isn't a viable outlet for them. Xhaka didn't make himself available for the pass for the two goals at the start and I'd understand if defenders subconsciously aren't confident in giving him the ball under pressure, so they resort to something riskier.

The same applies to our criticism of Alexis giving the ball away up the pitch. Attackers give the ball away, that's the nature of attacking. It all comes down to Xhaka. He's not solid enough to receive the ball from centre-backs under pressure, and not mobile enough to stop attacks when we've lost the ball.

Blame Xhaka, that's my thought of the day.

say yes

forum master baiter
His defending for the 3rd goal was really poor and disappointing. The terrible pass for the 1st was also disappointing, but I think we have to spot a trend here. It's been a while now that our passing from the back has been very suspect. Kos/Mustafi/Monreal are good passers, but they're still defenders, we can't expect them all to be Kroos.

It feels like the reason they might be making these stupid unnecessary passes is because Xhaka isn't a viable outlet for them. Xhaka didn't make himself available for the pass for the two goals at the start and I'd understand if defenders subconsciously aren't confident in giving him the ball under pressure, so they resort to something riskier.

The same applies to our criticism of Alexis giving the ball away up the pitch. Attackers give the ball away, that's the nature of attacking. It all comes down to Xhaka. He's not solid enough to receive the ball from centre-backs under pressure, and not mobile enough to stop attacks when we've lost the ball.

Blame Xhaka, that's my thought of the day.

Really not sure whether this is satirical or not. Hope it is.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
220px-PaoloMaldini.jpg

PA-10274204.jpg

1412855211425_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_v_Arsenal_FC_P.JPG

f3649ca3fc916c0fdd863674a1176f78.jpg

article-2579065-1C344B5D00000578-825_634x620.jpg

704006.jpg

960.jpg

As Charlie Nicholas said last March before the Bayern game:

Charlie Nicholas said:
“Arsenal will do what they do, they’ll win the game [against Bayern Munich] but they’ll come nowhere close to qualifying because they can’t defend,’ Nicholas told Sky Sports.

Please stop telling me Laurent Koscielny is a world-class defender.’

Ironically of course we didn’t beat Bayern in the end, despite playing fantastically.

Laurent Koscielny conceded a pen and got himself sent off against the run of play.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Didn't he get done for Eder's goal in the Euro 2016 final as well?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
T
220px-PaoloMaldini.jpg

PA-10274204.jpg

1412855211425_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_v_Arsenal_FC_P.JPG

f3649ca3fc916c0fdd863674a1176f78.jpg

article-2579065-1C344B5D00000578-825_634x620.jpg

704006.jpg

960.jpg

As Charlie Nicholas said last March before the Bayern game:

Ironically of course we didn’t beat Bayern in the end, despite playing fantastically.

Laurent Koscielny conceded a pen and got himself sent off against the run of play.
That Dzeko tackle does my head in. What an incredibly unecessarily daft thing to do

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's a shame he's never stamped out his "WTF" decisions from his game, because on his day he's world class.

That pass across the pitch for Man Utd's first goal was inexcusable, what in the flying **** was he thinking. If you're in doubt, boot it forwards, not ****ing sideways. He completely sold out Kolasinac. While it wasn't necessarily excusable 5 years ago, you at least hoped it was something that would disappear from his game with age. The fact that he's doing it at the age of 32 is just terrible.

Still, easily the best Arsenal CB over the last 10 years or so. He's had so little help around him throughout his career at Arsenal, it's quite frankly astonishing how well he's done. For every 5 yards a CB from Man Utd/Chelsea has had to cover, Koscileny has had to cover 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom