• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I rate him but he admittedly hasn't been so great thus far. I think he got outpaced by ****ing Fernandes at one point and then he looked exhausted, that's just no good from a player like him who hasn't much else in his locker physically. Aubameyang will do us some good.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Waste of money. Needs to get the James Rodriguez treatment and disappear from the team.

Hope this PES signing happens....never want to see Lacazette play. He is a poor man's Francis Jeffers.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Have been on his side for a long time and still believe he has more in his locker if the team has more creativity.

Offered absolutely nothing today and deserves the bench for now. There he'll be joined by 90% of our players. Let's hope Auba goes through.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So we're now keeping him on after the 70th minute and surprise surprise he's still not scoring for fun. He's not up to this level, Ligue 1 was different kettle of fish, physically and mentally Laca just doesn't have it. I'm sorry but I've seen very little from what Laca has shown so far that suggests he's got anything about him, sure we've seen some tidy stuff with the ball and decent link up play but as a ruthless goal-scorer I've not seen it at all. Even when Giroud got here you could see that he was trying absolutely everything to score goals, he was putting himself in positions to score.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looks slower than he did for Lyon, or ligue 1 CB's are slow as ****.

Whatever it is, he's hurting my brand so he needs to ****ing up it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I like him, but it has really not been happening for him and looks as slow as Giroud. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if we find out later he has been playing with an injury.

Yep I've said this, Girouds been out also so he couldn't start. I made the comparison between Lacazette now and Lacazette at the start of the season and it's night/day.

However, awful tonight, awful.

Emmanueleboue2

This guy is a massive massive flop. We need a winger and drop this guy to the bench. bad hold up play, bad linkup play, no movement and does not even scores goals.

IslingtonBornandbred

Defoe in his prime is better adapted to this league imo than Lacazette.

Might not be the popular point of view, but if you are looking for a deadly finisher and poacher type of forward, I'd take "peak" Defoe over Lacazette. All round technique or intelligence isn't as good but Defoe did a few things really well i.e make runs, sniff of goal and bang. Lacazette's not even getting across the six yard box...he should have been all over that Mhki cross.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our away form did destroyed his confidence why in home games he play well? In away games he look absolutely dreadful apart the Everton game well not only him whole team

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Defoe in his prime is better adapted to this league imo than Lacazette.

Might not be the popular point of view, but if you are looking for a deadly finisher and poacher type of forward, I'd take "peak" Defoe over Lacazette. All round technique or intelligence isn't as good but Defoe did a few things really well i.e make runs, sniff of goal and bang. Lacazette's not even getting across the six yard box...he should have been all over that Mhki cross.

Bit of a pointless post. Defoe is 35.

There isnt a striker in the world that would score in front of this kind of midfield. We are awful simple as that. When our defence will work, when our midfield will work and once we have a manager capable of creating a system our strikers will score for fun.

What a nonsense. We had a fullback that scored a goal. Zero excuses for the striker.

IslingtonBornandbred

Bit of a pointless post. Defoe is 35.

Sorry for the "pointless post" mate, but there would be uproar last summer if anyone suggested a 25 year old Defoe would be their choice over Laca. Similar body types, same position.

It's a fair comparison since people were comparing him to Ian Wright. What I was getting at is, forget comparing Laca to Wright. Defoe at the same age was better suited to this league at the moment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you giving up that quickly you either stupid or you just angry and postine s**t.

He been the victim of us being s**t as whole he just need keep his head and keep on trying hopefully him and auba playing upfront will somehow help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom