• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Everton | February 3, 2018 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Bloody hell, we've just beat a team 5-1 and people are still finding ways to fit Lacazette in the side? If Laca had started today Wenger would of subbed him after 70 mins, and for a reason. Aubameyang had a fitness issue before today an Wenger still gave him 90mins.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
DVIjy9yX4AEOj-O.jpg:large

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Very impressive.

Great to have a striker stretching the pitch again.

Mkhitaryan looks to have been here years. Underestimated him.

Linson

Well I think I must've cursed it. Only watched the second half but clearly very different from the first.

The only thing I'd say is that Kolasinac is looking rusty and probably needs more game time, even though Monreal has been tasty this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Very good performance as usual at home the important thing to improve away from home

skip spence

Him sitting on the bench unable to get five minutes.

How many times did we see Wenger sub Lacazette during a good or bad game? Pretty much all the time. I'd say thats pretty damning.

Wenger hasn't even brought Aubameyang off for an ovation from the crowd when the game was dead.
We had already made three subs. Besides, Laca can sit his ass down now when we have PEA

Axel9090

How come Wenger subs Laca every time, but Aubameyang gets 90 mins in his first game? Im not complaing but it does look suspect.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

See here's the thing.

+ Ramsey loves getting forward, he's good at it and there literally isn't any other CM in (world?) football who can move like he does.

+ Wenger sees this and like a good manager exploits it.

- We can't afford to do this in 90% of the matches we play, not with this system, not with Xhaka as his partner.

- Up until recently Ramsey's finishing has been woeful meaning we couldn't really exploit his good movement

With his finishing looking better than ever we could try this but it's suicidal tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like Laca alot and I see him scoring plenty when things are right around him, but I wouldnt give a toss if I never saw him play ever again as long as we're winning.
Me too but auba and laca can easily play together

logic DC

good results, well played Ramsey. This probably means Wilshere is getting benched for the foreseeable future even though he's done wrong also feel like he would have been Very important next week.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really fantastic first half attacking performance, cannot argue with that at all. Sounds strange to be somewhat indifferent after a 5-1 win but honestly there were things that could have been massively better. We saw the same thing happen with Auba as with Laca. Made a number of great runs only for the player on the ball to turn around and pass it back to someone in a non-threatening position. Very frustrating.

Also we really stopped playing in the 2nd half, as though the game was finished. For once, I'd like us to batter a team over 90 mins, not 45. Kolasinac came on and looked rusty as all hell, and Xhaka-Ramsey struggled to deal with a stronger Everton midfield (seriously, Big Sam's a fool for not starting Tom Davies :lol:. Played into our hands).

Our attacking midfield though, had an excellent game. Mhkitaryan, Özil and Iwobi all looked relatively potent, although the latter faded quite quickly I thought. All in all, there were great positives to take from this performance, particularly the attacking movement of the team - but maybe the passing could be a bit quicker still, and we can score even more goals.

Enjoyable! But MUCH bigger tests ahead.

HBL

Established Member
Wish we could take our first half performance into the second half.

Would love us to score 7 or 8 against a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom