• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In 14/15, Wenger played them together in a 4-1-4-1. Didn't seem to work well.

I will say hesitantly that we were trying to fit Alexis in and had no cover for Giroud then right?

That spell before Christmas in 2013/14 they were part of a team that played some of the best stuff I'd seen in Wenger's tenure.

I couldn't wait to watch us play every week back then. Those two, Özil, Santi, Giroud with his flicks and Rozza off the bench was footballing sex.

blaze_of_glory

I will say hesitantly that we were trying to fit Alexis in and had no cover for Giroud then right?

That spell before Christmas in 2013/14 they were part of a team that played some of the best stuff I'd seen in Wenger's tenure.

I couldn't wait to watch us play every week back then. Those two, Özil, Santi, Giroud with his flicks and Rozza off the bench was footballing sex.
Yeah, and this was during Özil and Mertesacker's world-cup hangover as well. The team was struggling in general.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arteta's injury was a problem too, seems like Wenger didn't trust either Jack or Ramsey partnering Flamini so he compromised with that system. Throw in Özil's injury and it's no surprise the team looked disjointed in attack.
Yeah, Jack looked great cutting in from the RW. Unfortunately, when Theo came back from injury he was moved to the left where he wasn't as effective.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

he is the core of our team.
what Gerard was for Liverpool
What Lampard was For Chelsea
What Scholes was for United
You're 90% of my issue with this thread but I admire the persistence and force of will that you project. Keep fighting.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-expect-tough-negotiations-aaron-11974226

Crossy back at it again.... despite his current form I don't think Rambo deserves anything near the contracts we gave Özil, Auba, Miki.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-expect-tough-negotiations-aaron-11974226

Crossy back at it again.... despite his current form I don't think Rambo deserves anything near the contracts we gave Özil, Auba, Miki.

10+ goals, his runs, ballwinning AND he is HG begs to differ!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We're in the process of rebuilding the squad. I'd much rather do that rebuilding with Ramsey, and Wilshere for that matter, than without them.

The club has spent so long developing them, they are now beginning to bear the fruits. So they both deserve the contracts they want as far as i'm concerned. What's the point in buying someone as a 17 year old and developing them if you're not going to reap the rewards when they are fully mature?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

10+ goals, his runs, ballwinning AND he is HG begs to differ!
He's only scored 10 goals in 14/15 during that purple patch, never scored more than 6 league goals. Where does this "10+ goals" come from? Why is one of our deeper lying midfielders depended on getting "10+ goals" when he has the highest dispossession rate out of any of our midfielders? Fact is he loses the ball quite frequently, commits fouls and often is out of position due to "his runs." I think he is a good player that we should keep but he doesn't deserve anywhere near 200K nor is he our Gerrard, Lampard or Scholes.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Longy

He simply isn't good enough for anything above what he is on.
If other clubs are willing to offer more, it's fine by me.

We are not challenging with him consistently in the team.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would guess he renews without much hassle over the summer.

You look round the league not good enough with the ball for Pep, Chelsea really cutting back spending with the stadium, Liverpool midfield looks deep with non defensive CMs & hard to fit him in a midfield with Pogba at United.

In Europe not many teams are going to be offering 100-150k a week. Especially not for Ramsey & thats no slight of Ramsey just reality of Premier League wages vs Europe.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I would guess he renews without much hassle over the summer.

You look round the league not good enough with the ball for Pep, Chelsea really cutting back spending with the stadium, Liverpool midfield looks deep with non defensive CMs & hard to fit him in a midfield with Pogba at United.

In Europe not many teams are going to be offering 100-150k a week. Especially not for Ramsey & thats no slight of Ramsey just reality of Premier League wages vs Europe.
Never thought of it like that. A good PL midfielder prices himself out of Europe.

So unless Ramsey has a season good enough to interest Real and Barca we’re good. Nobody in our league really needs him except Chelsea, we should be able to fend them off unless Ramsey turns out to be a c*nt.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey and Wilshere's negotiations need to show both players that they are the long-term future of the club, and that the two of them can get the best out of each other.

They can allow the team to rotate the two of them in order to prevent injuries, but they can also play together.

Too often it seems like they are being pitted against each other and that's bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom