• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Do you see him as a CM ? Where does he play in an 11.

You know, FIFA or the lineup presentations before games do not necessarilly describe a players role. Where he's on the pitch, how and where he moves, etc. is down to tactics and in reality it might look completely different and also might change with formations.

I just can't come to grips with the notion that Ramsey per se is not a central mid because it's such a narrow view on football tactics and player roles.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Meyer is nowhere near the player Ramsey is...his career at Schalke and the upswing in his development were practically over before Tedesco took over and started to convert him into a sort of DLP.
In the 16/17 season he averaged 61 minutes in 27 (of 34) games, which reinforeces my memory of him being a heavy benchrider, scored 1 goal and assisted 3...as an attacking midfielder/winger. Nowhere is he close to Ramsey in terms of influence on the pitch and ability to score. He's lucky Tedesco found a use for him, and now can work on revitalizing his career.
I know all this, he plays in a 2 man midfield with Bentaleb where they exchange roles, and one of them sits while the other goes forward. We should sign him no matter happens with Ramsey. As a free signing it makes all the sense in the world.

Toby

I think then you must factor in the injuries

I remember twitter rumours from two or three seasons ago, that Ramsey was looking for a move away because of his injuries and he believed he was mismanaged by the Arsenal medical staff.

Toby

I know all this, he plays in a 2 man midfield with Bentaleb where they exchange roles, and one of them sits while the other goes forward. We should sign him no matter happens with Ramsey. As a free signing it makes all the sense in the world.

It would make sense, not even in relation to Ramsey staying or leaving. Can play CM and now CDM, would be a nice option to have. And he's on the upswing again. But...now that Goretzka is gone, they want to make him the Schalke main man. Could well pin a new contract.

Have a look at RedCafe, someone over there genuinely started a thread that they " won't ever win the league with De Gea in goal " then went on to list reasons why he's a bad keeper :lol: they've also got loads of those " we wont win the league with X playing"

Guess the internet has made us all a bunch of angry crybabies that can never be satisfied.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
A true powerhouse dm with wilshere and Ramsey either side and Özil and mikhy free just behind pea.
The dm needs to be very mobile like a Fabinho. Also a cb needed.
Only viable way I see him in a better spot and playing alon Jack... would you like to be the next manager? :)

TheArsenalis

Have a look at RedCafe, someone over there genuinely started a thread that they " won't ever win the league with De Gea in goal " then went on to list reasons why he's a bad keeper :lol: they've also got loads of those " we wont win the league with X playing"
if city take the league this season they will win next season aswell. they only gonna get better. so united can stop now with the winning the league threads. they have as much rebuildhing to as us

Longy

You know, FIFA or the lineup presentations before games do not necessarilly describe a players role. Where he's on the pitch, how and where he moves, etc. is down to tactics and in reality it might look completely different and also might change with formations.

I just can't come to grips with the notion that Ramsey per se is not a central mid because it's such a narrow view on football tactics and player roles.

Tactics come from your formation. Structure is part of tactics.
But forgive me, i just remembered we're talking about the guy who sticks roundies in squaries.

Zaza

Ramsey will always play as long as his fit. I think he's Wenger's second favorite player after Özil.
I get the feeling he might not renew though. Would be picked up by some of the big clubs come to think of it.
I miss the second half of 12/13 and 13/14 version of him. Needs to be a bit more balanced

Longy

Does fans of other teams hate on their own players as much as we do?
Realistically, how many players get hammered in here ?

Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott ??? Haven't seen too much else ?

It has something to do with that they are/were the players that Wenger loves and kept them in the team no matter what their form was like therefore never looking or trying to improve.
We were stuck with them so venting became exaggerated.

Ewarwoowar

Realistically, how many players get hammered in here ?

Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott ??? Haven't seen too much else ?

It has something to do with that they are/were the players that Wenger loves and kept them in the team no matter what their form was like therefore never looking or trying to improve.
We were stuck with them so venting became exaggerated.

Coquelin, Bellerin, Mustafi, Xhaka, Iwobi,Welbeck, all depends on which the way the wind blow.

Zyrth

I have no issues with Ramsey if he plays to his role perfectly, and in fact I’ve said many times that he could be a top b2b midfielder if he didn’t have that many “brain farts”.

Take a look at the game against Everton. In the first half he was mostly playing a disciplined b2b game. Positioning himself in the middle of the team and helping to build up quick by passing forward. He got his goals by timing and making clever late runs when the balls gotten to our attackers in the final third.

But in the second half, he got complacent or started to have a lapse in concentration and forgot that he’s got to stay in the middle which led to us facing heavy pressure from Everton. He fixed this later and got his act together and even got another goal. It’s what I’ve been saying all along that he’s most effective in scoring goals with late runs. And it also indirectly makes us play better with a proper midfield.

Jojoba

The worst part is that the club hasn't figured out a way for Ramsey and Wilshere to play together. These guys are always fighting over the same spot despite being totally different players..
Reminds me of the Gerard vs Lampard scenario for England.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reminds me of the Gerard vs Lampard scenario for England.

Exactly!

I've been thinking about this for years now. England could never figure it out, and I really hope that Arsenal can.

We play such a technical possession-based game that I believe there is a way.

Spain found a way to have a midfield with Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, and Xabi Alonso.

Clearly, the season is long, so we'll have to rotate players, but we should be able to have a successful lineup with both of them in the starting 11.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
he is the core of our team.
what Gerard was for Liverpool
What Lampard was For Chelsea
What Scholes was for United

Steps

he is the core of our team.
what Gerard was for Liverpool
What Lampard was For Chelsea
What Scholes was for United
OnG04vk.gif

I mean, I love Ramsey but that is some pretty high praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom