• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanB

When Ramsey plays like he did yesterday then for me, he's one of the best CM's in the league. Whenever he drifted near Everton's penalty area, Özil dropped deep to control the game and help out Xhaka.

With both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan having high workrates (Iwobi's workrate the last couple of games have been phenomenal) I think we have the collective work-ethic required to have him in our midfield without suffering.

The guy scored a freaking hattrick as a CM yesterday (and yes he mainly played deep and was disciplined). Wilshere and Xhaka will never be able to contribute with as many goals as Ramsey.

We just need to find the right balance in the team. And although Ramsey does have a tendancy to break down, he's usually good for 35-40+ games a season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'm not as high on Ramsey as others but the way he gets underrated by some if beyond belief. Now he's worse than fairly promising Bundesliga midfield anchors? I understand misjudging a player you haven't watched much, but you're ****ing Arsenal fans presumably watching most Arsenal games.

I don't get it. I'm not even a huge fan of Ramsey, but he's clearly one of your most important players, yet so many are willing to seemingly throw him way and replace him with inferior players.

Feels like textbook grass is always greener ****, honestly.
Seeing how many people wouldn't mind seeing the back of him shows that he isn't that important doesn't it?

I feel just like Oxlade-Chamberlain was expendable, so is Ramsey. With the transfer fee he would attract, we could improve our midfield without losing too much quality. Meyer was just an example, there's a big pool of midfielders who can replace him for less than we can sell him. Although I do believe signing Meyer would be smart.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I don't think Ramesy has ever had a clear defined role in the team, and what I mean by that is, him being clearly instructed what he can can't do on the ball and where his positioning on the pitch needs to be.

Criticism of Ramesy stems from the fact that certainly he had a horrible habit of doodling, over dribbling, taking too long to release a simple short pass and trying to play too many hollywood balls. It made our build up play completely disjointed. It was quite clear to see he was the problem.

Secondly he was trying to do things which he doesn't have the technique and touch to do. I remember Ramesy picking up the ball deeper and consistently got pressed and lost the ball in dangerous positions.

Ramesy under the right setup and form can be devastating. His strengths are definitely his energy, graft, goal getting and having that moment of magic with a timely flick to open up play. Not in the build up!

As we saw yesterday Özil, Mikhi, Iwobi were all at the centre of the build up play ramesy was getting at the end of the balls in a very frank lampard esq way.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Seeing how many people wouldn't mind seeing the back of him shows that he isn't that important doesn't it?

I feel just like Oxlade-Chamberlain was expendable, so is Ramsey. With the transfer fee he would attract, we could improve our midfield without losing too much quality. Meyer was just an example, there's a big pool of midfielders who can replace him for less than we can sell him. Although I do believe signing Meyer would be smart.

You're comparing a player who was in and out of the starting XI to someone with a proven track record of delivering seemingly every season. A player who's stepped up in cup finals etc. It's not the same thing.

It's really not true that you'd be able to easily replace him. Before you signed Xhaka, EVERYONE was pointing at Xhaka as the solution to your midfield. Now he's in the supporter dog house, but he was the shining hyped Bundesliga midfielder.

Instead of replacing Ramsey, what you should do is sign someone to partner him that makes more sense. With the LW position being occupied by deep playmakers, Ramsey's roaming isn't a problem.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think there might be something to Ramsey not feeling appreciated at the club, he took the Piers Morgan criticisms very personally and refused to shake his hand (not that any good person would ever want to shake that pricks hand). It's probably more than just social media, he's been given a hard time at matchdays too and is always harshly criticised in comparison to others who seem to get away with a lot more. I think a lot of people just can't take to Ramseys personality, he comes across as a bit dull and is quite private and keeps to himself, while also seeming to keep his emotions in check. Yesterday Ramsey scored 3 goals yet when he was coming off for Wilshere it was Jack who got the bigger ovation.

Compare all this to the fact he's treated like a God for the Welsh national team and is always visibly happy a part of that group and mixes well with the Welsh crowd.

I don't think it's the MAIN REASON, but I don't think he exactly feels the love here. While on top of that he's spoken about wanting to move to one of the bigger foreign clubs to prove himself abroad, mentioned Bale in the past and feels like it's something he wants to do. If you believe that Dean/AFCAMDEN guy then he's pushed for moves in the recent past and his loyalty is far more with Wenger than the club or the fans.

I think then you must factor in the injuries and perhaps feeling he's not been managed correctly in that regard and the fact that we've been so late to start negotiations over a new contract with him.

I think he'll certainly take time to assess his options, in all honesty it could take something like well over 200k wages and even the captaincy to persuade him to pen a new deal. I'm not too optimistic about this one, had a far better feeling about Özil.
The only reason I think he wont sign is he seems wildly ambitious and I reckon he also thinks his ability is wasted at Arsenal. I think money is a close second; it could even be the other way around, but I don't see anything else being a factor worth mentioning.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You're comparing a player who was in and out of the starting XI to someone with a proven track record of delivering seemingly every season. A player who's stepped up in cup finals etc. It's not the same thing.

It's really not true that you'd be able to easily replace him. Before you signed Xhaka, EVERYONE was pointing at Xhaka as the solution to your midfield. Now he's in the supporter dog house, but he was the shining hyped Bundesliga midfielder.

Instead of replacing Ramsey, what you should do is sign someone to partner him that makes more sense. With the LW position being occupied by deep playmakers, Ramsey's roaming isn't a problem.
Ramsey is not a player who has delivered season after season, if he was no one would doubt him let alone think selling him would be a good idea.

Xhaka should be replaced without a doubt, but so should Ramsey. Selling him allows both of these things happening without having to exhaust the budget, which will be needed to improve the defence. A lot of people were baffled to see Oxlade-Chamberlain being sold but that has allowed us to sign Lacazette, Mkhi and Aubameyang, improving our team without losing too much quality.

Anyway this is all wishful thinking from my part, Wenger will never allow his personal pet project to leave. Even if it takes £150k/week.

afcb

A true powerhouse dm with wilshere and Ramsey either side and Özil and mikhy free just behind pea.
The dm needs to be very mobile like a Fabinho. Also a cb needed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ramsey is not a player who has delivered season after season, if he was no one would doubt him let alone think selling him would be a good idea.

Xhaka should be replaced without a doubt, but so should Ramsey. Selling him allows both of these things happening without having to exhaust the budget, which will be needed to improve the defence. A lot of people were baffled to see Oxlade-Chamberlain being sold but that has allowed us to sign Lacazette, Mkhi and Aubameyang, improving our team without losing too much quality.

Anyway this is all wishful thinking from my part, Wenger will never allow his personal pet project to leave. Even if it takes £150k/week.

I can assure you, no one at the club thinks selling Ramsey would be a good idea. No one who matters has doubts about Ramsey other than when it comes to injuries.

If Ramsey does run his contract down then people will be amazed at the clubs who'll be in for him.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I can assure you, no one at the club thinks selling Ramsey would be a good idea. No one who matters has doubts about Ramsey other than when it comes to injuries.

If Ramsey does run his contract down then people will be amazed at the clubs who'll be in for him.
Sure I can believe that, doesn't fill me with confidence though seeing how this squad is managed.

With Ramsey it's always woulda, coulda but no one ever shows interest for him. Even Wilshere got interest from Man City but we never hear anything concrete about Ramsey.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Still thinks he has a lot to prove IMO. His play in the final Third was never the problem. I think as a midfielder its great that he scored quite often AND in Big games but the other duties often lacks. Hopefully he'll start to be more consistent there. 27 now so not sure how much he'll improve.

Classic knee-jerk reaction from alot of poster just cause he scored a few goals in a match though.

c00lguy

Ramsey's goals showed great technique too, especially the third. To side foot that with accuracy as the ball is coming fast at you is a tricky thing to do and Ramsey made it look easy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sure I can believe that, doesn't fill me with confidence though seeing how this squad is managed.

With Ramsey it's always woulda, coulda but no one ever shows interest for him. Even Wilshere got interest from Man City but we never hear anything concrete about Ramsey.
Because he’s happy here, always plays and always extends.

Until now, with rumours he’s not in a hurry to extend with offers from elsewhere.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Because he’s happy here, always plays and always extends.

Until now, with rumours he’s not in a hurry to extend with offers from elsewhere.

It's an interesting situation, I'm predicting a new improved contract here and not much fuss. Whatever happens half of our fanbase will be happy!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Can you imagine if we sold Ramsey for something like £50m and got Max Meyer for free?

Meyer is nowhere near the player Ramsey is...his career at Schalke and the upswing in his development were practically over before Tedesco took over and started to convert him into a sort of DLP.
In the 16/17 season he averaged 61 minutes in 27 (of 34) games, which reinforeces my memory of him being a heavy benchrider, scored 1 goal and assisted 3...as an attacking midfielder/winger. Nowhere is he close to Ramsey in terms of influence on the pitch and ability to score. He's lucky Tedesco found a use for him, and now can work on revitalizing his career.

The fact is that Ramsey just doesn't fit in here, not with having Özil and now who we've now committed to.
He is not a stable CM.

Therefore if he wants a first team role, he will have to move.

Guy scored a hattrick yesterday, steps up on the big occasion, scored two cup winners, was on the team of the tournament for the 2016 EC, is an absolutely vital element of Arsenal's attacking threat , actually has a good vibe going with Özil, and judging by the last game is able to strike one up with Mkhitaryan, but he doesn't fit in here and should leave if he wants a first team role? Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom