• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I don't think Iwobi has the cutting edge to be a final 3rd player, even though he had a good goal scoring record at reserve level. His touch and quick feet make him useful in transitions though.
He is really dangerous when playing there, and yes he can run a lot and recover distances, he has good control and a pass, but it feels forced up, if you want to promote a young player and you are going to use him to play that role, just promote a midfielder instead.

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Another match where we could’ve done with a Mahrez type of player in the latter stages.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi aswell. Shocking. Shocking stuff. He was dreadful when he came on.

I would have prefer AMN instead. At least he can make a 3 yard pass. Iwobi can't.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
And btw Harry Kane is the complete striker. He reminds me so much of Lewandosky, but more explosive, faster in his decision making.
elite player, Kudos to Pocchetino.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It’s hard to take, couldn’t watch the match. Regardless of trophies won/lost of the last few years, Sp**s have a better team than us in key positions. Better striker, keeper, CBs, midfield and manager. It’s a shame these new signings came in Jan, we must win Europa now for us to have a good summer.

Said it before, this season was always a write off, I don’t care about it as long as top 4 is secured somehow. Beating Sp**s away probably wasn’t going to happen, shame about the effort though.

I’m off to get pissed later and flirt with some girls and hopefully cheer my weekend up. Let’s all cheer up and get excited for 2018 after May.
There is no regardless. The only way of measuring how good a team is, is to count the trophies they've won. This Sp**s team has (still) won nothing. And I have the feeling that's all they'll win. Good as they look at times they are completely carried by Kane. Lose him and they lose 10/20 points a year,

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
iwobi was very sloopy but created the chance for lacazzette.
we needed football today, we drop too deep in second half and we paid for it.

our midfield needs drastic meassures.

yeah looked shocking, but I am not to mad

he tried and failed

I wrote earlier that it looked like we were playing with one man less

reason 1: no Ramsey who actually makes full force runs

reason2: el neny first 30 minutes he thought he was Özil, the rest useless, he only runs so much because he is positioned wrong to begin with

reason 3: Monreal , yeah he gets up there but he only does it as an afterthought so it looks like he is providing width and an option, and he moves slowly, somewhat at fault for the goal to being caught off guard, had he been down in line with kos he could have faced the ball/header

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Our midfield really needs retooling and has needed work for just about a decade.

El Neny
Wilshere
Xhaka

Not one of those players is a natural ball winner. Xhaka needs an ocean of space to be effective and El Neny is a super conservative passer who can barely tackle. It's not surprising that Jack was our most effective CM today as he can actually dribble and move around in tight spaces.

We had a midfield that's constructed to dominate possession at home when teams let us have the ball but away from home when the shoe's on the other foot it isn't good enough.

Agreed, what a useless midfield that is. Hope we never see it again.. Feel like AMN deserves a chance there now, at least he brings some athleticism/physicality in addition to being technically sound..

Like I said before, the rest of the pl season should be used to experiment. I need to see the AMN-Wilshere-Ramsey midfield at least once before the end of the season.

IslingtonBornandbred

My input because I can't revisit the forum again today.

• I thought Bellerin was very good. I thought Monreal was OK.
  • Kos and Mustafi were very shaky. Kos didn't lead or take control and Kane was able to bully them in the second half, get in-between them and nobody took control defending crosses
  • Cech made some good saves but was shaky on the ball. Offers encouragement to the other team when they see your keeper is pissing about with the ball
  • Wilshere had good moments but was slightly off the pace having been ill recently. Xhaka/Elneny are clearly not good enough. Elneny can't do the Darren Fletcher job (that he used to do against us for United). He doesn't have the aggression, strength or leg power. And he doesn't offer a lot on the ball. Xhaka was Xhaka. Completely out of his depth further up the field. He's not sharp enough or quick enough on and off the ball to play further up or as a box to box
  • Özil was pretty poor for his standards but he was out on the right
  • Mhki let the occasion get to him. It was a bit like when Mourinho pulled him off against City in the derby. He was poor. Had a chance in the first half to play it across goal and Auba would have had a tap in but got it badly wrong.
  • Auba was on the shoulder and had good movement but got caught offside a couple of times. Always dangerous with his pace but doesn't offer much in the build up
  • Iwobi was very poor when he came on. Doesn't seem to be quite getting it at the moment in terms of the level he needs to be at when he's called upon.
  • Lacazette should have done a lot better with both chances. The volley wasn't easy, but he should have at least kept it down and got it closer. Even if he volleyed that into the ground it might have gone in. Second chance, he should have buried that. Nearly identical to the City game but he didn't have any confidence in himself for either chance.
First half I thought was good disciplined display, and it was important not to concede early. Second half was a joke. Sp**s came out and wanted it more. We came out half asleep, not prepared and that goal was coming, they just had more intensity.

It's clear now there wasn't enough legs in today's line-up. Özil, Xhaka, Wilshere, Mhki, Elneny....they don't have enough pace, acceleration or power. IMO today, Alexis and Walcott on either wing, with Cazorla/Coquelin in the middle is a much more balanced team to compete but oh well that team's gone now. We still need a couple of attacking midfielders for either side I think or one that can play out wide on both sides, a top defender as well as a DM and another central midfielder to hopefully replace Xhaka/Elneny.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin gets a lot stick unfairly in my opinion. He certainly has to work on his crossing. Looks like a general problem with the squad, to be honest. Often times he gets the ball in a position where there are few options, and with an attacker running toward him. We allow ourselves to be pressed into a corner, and are surprised when we give the ball away. We need our midfielders to drop deep to provide an outlet. This in turn draws their defenders forward and leaves Auba more room.

We lack a Dembele in our midfield, couldn't get the ball off of him. I remember wanting him when he was made available by Fulham but he was deemed 'not good enough for Arsenal' by many on here. Would bite your arm off for someone like him over Xhaka or Elneny, though the latter has more to offer than the former in my opinion (which still isn't a lot).

Go figure, we get pressed and we spend most of the match coughing up possession and passing it backwards. Complete joke, I'm disgusted. How long must these same problems persist?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Put it on target at least, never know where a rebound ends up especially with Auba around now.

putting it on target just means it bounces away from goal and there were defenders there

you are letting you own bias colour your judgement

I could just have easily say that it was the best option to put it that wide because someone could have been on the run to tap it in

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Iwobi aswell. Shocking. Shocking stuff. He was dreadful when he came on.

I would have prefer AMN instead. At least he can make a 3 yard pass. Iwobi can't.
AMN can also beat a player and put in a decent cross.

Wilshere1010

Kane missed an even bigger chance....
Stop going on about Laca costing us the game. He didnt.
Where did I say he cost us the game? That's not him alone, the whole team was ****. All I'm saying is that for the quality we expect of him, he should be scoring that. Didn't say a word about him costing us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom