• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How many top-chances Kane missed today? 3? 4?

Still he is the hero, because they create enough chances to score. We have created maybe 2 chances in 90 minutes. That's the difference. We could have Lewandowski, Kane and nothing would change.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He has largely done ok this season imo however he hasn't helped himself by being so shooting shy.

A striker has to be willing to take all kind of shots. It's a confidence booster when you take a long shot and hit the post/test the keeper, everybody who has played football knows that.

Malky

Established Member
He didn’t look happy from the start when coming on. I think Wenger has to take responsibility for affecting his confidence.
What is it with these players needing the manager to hold their ****ing hand every week!
Was he just expecting to be the main man and have no competition for the starting 11? Wenger see's him in training everyday and clearly thought ' he's not up to it ' It was up to Laca to prove him wrong, not look for hug while he feels sorry for himself and wastes every chance to stake a claim for the starting 11.

c00lguy

How many top-chances Kane missed today? 3? 4?

Still he is the hero, because they create enough chances to score. We have created maybe 2 chances in 90 minutes. That's the difference. We could have Lewandowski, Kane and nothing would change.

One clear cut chance by my account.
Kane worked hard for his goal. He out jumped and out battled Koscielny. Lacazette was still tying up his shoe laces on the pitch.
The difference in mentality is clear as day.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
His misses weren't so bad that he should be scapegoated. This game was the fault of our midfielders.

True, he wasnt to blame for us being poor in every area. What he is at fault for is playing without any fight. The first thing he did was get caught offside while playing with his socks. He was poor and not just in his finishing. Anyway if Wenger had played him left then Auba would have been in there to accept Iwobi's pass near the end.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Kane worked hard for his goal. He out jumped and out battled Koscielny. Lacazette was still tying up his shoe laces on the pitch.

Because Sp**s bossed the game. Look how all their players worked and look how ours players worked.

Kanes header from a free position wide, his shot straight on Cech and i think he had another miss.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I thought he fashioned that chance out of nothing with a great show of pace. Something that hasn't been evident recently. Should have scored though but it was hardly damning.

Offsides sloppy. Shouldn't be the scapegoat.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
What is it with these players needing the manager to hold their ****ing hand every week!
Was he just expecting to be the main man and have no competition for the starting 11? Wenger see's him in training everyday and clearly thought ' he's not up to it ' It was up to Laca to prove him wrong, not look for hug while he feels sorry for himself and wastes every chance to stake a claim for the starting 11.
I don’t disagree but he’s not young and a French international. Wenger broke the transfer record to sign him last summer but seeems to not fully trust him and now half a season later has brought in another striker. The whole situation is muddled.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Griezmann is off in the summer. Atlético wanted Lacazette last summer at 40-50million, if they're still interested we should cut our losses and get 30million for him. Better to right-off 15million then have an unhappy player that's going to cost us games, play sporadically and only deprecate in value further.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I thought he fashioned that chance out of nothing with a great show of pace. Something that hasn't been evident recently. Should have scored though but it was hardly damning.

Offsides sloppy. Shouldn't be the scapegoat.
iwobi´s pass was fantastic.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
A striker has to be willing to take all kind of shots. It's a confidence booster when you take a long shot and hit the post/test the keeper, everybody who has played football knows that.

Yes, but he plays for a club where shooting isn't encouraged especially long range shooting. El Neny & Xhaka had their long range pops at goal coached out of them too.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yes, but he plays for a club where shooting isn't encouraged especially long range shooting. El Neny & Xhaka had their long range pops at goal coached out of them too.

Xhaka still does it. Elneny would still be doing it if he wasn't hitting row z every time.

With Lacazette I mean in general, he has to be more active around the box and take more opportunistic shots. He never does.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Out jumped then proceeded to hold Koscielny down so his timing wasn’t disrupted and he wasn’t challenged into his header being thrown off. I know good strikers do such things but I’ve always viewed that as a foul. Don’t care if he out jumped him first. He’s getting the extra elevation and hang time by using Koscielny’s shoulders.

Malky

Established Member
I don’t disagree but he’s not young and a French international. Wenger broke the transfer record to sign him last summer but seeems to not fully trust him and now half a season later has brought in another striker. The whole situation is muddled.
We were interested in Aubameyang last summer around the same time as we were linked with Lacazette, so what I'm guessing happened was - Aubameyang was our number 1 target, we inquired but got quoted the £90M price from Dortmund, he was out our budget so we took a gamble on Lacazette at £50. Wenger has been unimpressed and the chance came to sign his number 1 target for a much more reasonable price, so we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom