• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was he just expecting to be the main man and have no competition for the starting 11?
What do you think happens to a player who gets subbed off no matter how he plays? Seeing clowns like Welbeck complete 90 minutes while doing nothing, obviously it'll bother him. It's simple man management.

What do you think happens to a player who gets subbed off no matter how he plays? Seeing clowns like Welbeck complete 90 minutes while doing nothing, obviously it'll bother him. It's simple man management.

Wenger has said we have technology and analysis now that allow us rotation. We know a lot more about players stamina and fitness level. All subs are made with purpose. Lacazette is NOT subbed off because Wenger hates him. Can we stop with this stupid made up excuse? Please???

Malky

Established Member
The fact that he was still starting those games and getting 70 odd minutes each game to prove his point not enough? Look at his goal scoring record here, the goals - minutes played ratio doesn't make for good reading.
Why was Wenger taking him off? Has he maybe not been completely convinced with Lacazette the whole time? Looks like it now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
its about phisicallity lacazzette was not ready to play 90 minutes.
he looked destroyed after 60
He had a full pre-season and he's been here for 7 months now. It becomes a vicious cycle where he can't build up his fitness without playing 90 minutes, but he can't go for that long because he's not fit enough. Wenger used to leave Özil on the pitch in his first season when he was exhausted for that purpose, so why is he so reticent to do that for Wenger?
Wenger has said we have technology and analysis now that allow us rotation. We know a lot more about players stamina and fitness level. All subs are made with purpose. Lacazette is NOT subbed off because Wenger hates him. Can we stop with this stupid made up excuse? Please???
Where did I say that?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Welbeck is more versatile. When has he last started a game, never mind finished one?

It was obvious that Wenger was going to use Giroud a lot since we decided to keep him in the summer... and who do you sub off out of san/oz/lac - the answer is obvious.

Laca has had games with 0 shots, which for a striker is pretty damning.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It's so frustrating seeing good players come here and struggle because of the sh*t way we play. I've seen it time and again. It's like Idiocracy, but in sports.

carlito'sway

Established Member

This simply maddening. The dude scored like 1 goal in 12 games, iirc, he obviously can't finish a full game and has been pretty disappointing lately, but it is not on him, it is on the manager for not holding his hand and feed him bfast in the AM. Giroud had been crucified for less but this guy seems to get a permanent pass. That is just crazy.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He had a full pre-season and he's been here for 7 months now. It becomes a vicious cycle where he can't build up his fitness without playing 90 minutes, but he can't go for that long because he's not fit enough. Wenger used to leave Özil on the pitch in his first season when he was exhausted for that purpose, so why is he so reticent to do that for Wenger?
He's still getting used to the physicality of the league, but that's not all of it. Laca uses most of his energy to drop down and help the midfield or get some balls, since you know, he's not getting any service up front and he's thinking that he might as well help the team in some way.
I can't believe people haven't caught on to it already.

Last edited:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
this still can work out if the guy performs well when he is giving a chance.
Doesnt look like that at all.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The fact that he was still starting those games and getting 70 odd minutes each game to prove his point not enough? Look at his goal scoring record here, the goals - minutes played ratio doesn't make for good reading.
Wenger subbing him off even when he's playing well (like West Brom at home) has had an effect, it's gradually drained the confidence out of him. You only have to look at the way he's snatched at chances against Chelsea or today to know that.
Why was Wenger taking him off? Has he maybe not been completely convinced with Lacazette the whole time? Looks like it now.
There's been a lot of talk, including from Ornstein, that Wenger was never fully convinced with Lacazette since the beginning. In which case I ask, why spend £50m on a player you're not 100% sure with?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I did defend him a lot but when a poacher striker as him its inexcusable to miss these chances. He need to get it together before its too late

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Welbeck is more versatile. When has he last started a game, never mind finished one?
The game I'm thinking about is Stoke. Welbeck squandered a few great opportunities in the final third and missed an unmarked header from inside the 6 yard box, yet stayed on for the full 90. Someone as rubbish as Welbeck staying on while you sub off your big summer signing doesn't send a good message.
It was obvious that Wenger was going to use Giroud a lot since we decided to keep him in the summer... and who do you sub off out of san/oz/lac - the answer is obvious.
@say yes used to say that Alexis or Özil should have come off earlier in the season when there was uncertainty about their contracts, to give Lacazette time on the pitch since he was the only one who was committed to the club beyond this season. I go along with that line of thinking, I don't think we owed either of them anything in terms of playing time earlier this season.
Laca has had games with 0 shots, which for a striker is pretty damning.
No disagreement there, he needs to be better. I'm not trying to absolve him of blame for his poor run.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Wenger subbing him off even when he's playing well (like West Brom at home) has had an effect, it's gradually drained the confidence out of him. You only have to look at the way he's snatched at chances against Chelsea or today to know that.

There's been a lot of talk, including from Ornstein, that Wenger was never fully convinced with Lacazette since the beginning. In which case I ask, why spend £50m on a player you're not 100% sure with?
because of fans and media pressure.
now you have lost the player you build for 5 years and you are stock with a huge economic gamble.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The game I'm thinking about is Stoke. Welbeck squandered a few great opportunities in the final third and missed an unmarked header from inside the 6 yard box, yet stayed on for the full 90. Someone as rubbish as Welbeck staying on while you sub off your big summer signing doesn't send a good message.

@say yes used to say that Alexis or Özil should have come off earlier in the season when there was uncertainty about their contracts, to give Lacazette time on the pitch since he was the only one who was committed to the club beyond this season. I go along with that line of thinking, I don't think we owed either of them anything in terms of playing time earlier this season.

No disagreement there, he needs to be better. I'm not trying to absolve him of blame for his poor run.

Unlike Laca who had 0 shots in that game, at least Welbeck was dangerous.

But the priority is to win games, that's why Sanchez and Özil stayed on. If Laca's feelings get hurt for being subbed off a few times in a new and major club then that's on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom