• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Who cares about Lukaku and Morata? If you really want to know they are both ****. As for the chances, they generate chances by their sheer size and speed, where Lacazette severely lacks on both accounts.

Giroud used to miss so many chances for us but we could find him all day long with crosses. With Laca however it's difficult to create chances for him, he's slow, weak, small, shot-shy, etc.

I couldnt care less about the others, just want to know what people think. If someone were to say Lukaku and Morata has been great, and Laca ****, at least I know who to ignore.

Fair enough to call them all flops.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka still does it. Elneny would still be doing it if he wasn't hitting row z every time.

With Lacazette I mean in general, he has to be more active around the box and take more opportunistic shots. He never does.
My main problem with him, too timid. He needs to be more selfish more of a ****. That’s why I can’t really get mad at him for not squaring to Auba at the end even though he bloody should have.

Welcome back btw, do you work on an offshore oilrig or something? :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I believe Laca would have scored as much as Lukaku, if not more, playing for a united team that at least in the first part of the season smashed teams regularly and creating 10+ chances every game. Plus they get more penalties than us.

Another way of looking at it is that he was handed a starting place and pretty much took it. He was looking very good for the first games, and suddenly was on the bench away to pool etc.

I would totally agree if Laca had played the full 90 for 20 games straight. But Wenger showed that he didnt believe in him pretty much after the first couple of games.

I agree. United have better players, system & manager.

Lacazette would not play for United or Mourinho for the reasons we are seeing now though.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think you should watch top strikers more often.

Not really disagreeing with you on Lacazette but I think people overestimate how clinical top strikers are...they miss quite a bit you know.

I’d almost be confident enough to say that every weekend you’ll be able to find clips of the worlds best forwards missing huge chances. This weekend we have Kane’s two free headers. PSG are about to play, I’m sure you’ll see one or two there.

yeah definitely.. The fact that he even got to those chances is a big positive, continue like that and the goals will come..

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Remember when Giroud couldnt score for 12 games. Everyone wanted him killed. Now people actually want Lacazette to play more.

The difference.
1st season v 4th season here etc etc. All that stuff that’s been said in this thread over and over again.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
My main problem with him, too timid. He needs to be more selfish more of a ****. That’s why I can’t really get mad at him for not squaring to Auba at the end even though he bloody should have.

Welcome back btw, do you work on an offshore oilrig or something? :lol:

Agreed. I said so when we signed him as well, and he hasn't done anything to address it. Still takes to few shots. Has to be more of a **** as you say.

Hahaha thanks, you would think so wouldn't you? :lol: But nah. Was studying abroad in Spain for a semester, felt I'd be better off enjoying that fully instead of spending too much time on Arsenal.

Ao18

Who cares about Lukaku and Morata? If you really want to know they are both ****. As for the chances, they generate chances by their sheer size and speed, where Lacazette severely lacks on both accounts.

Giroud used to miss so many chances for us but we could find him all day long with crosses. With Laca however it's difficult to create chances for him, he's slow, weak, small, shot-shy, etc.
Lukaku is far better than Lacazette imo

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
iwobi´s pass was fantastic.

Sorry I should clarify. Whilst that's definitely true I meant I thought the pace and ability to get between the defenders meant that he earned the attempt on goal, not that he was the sole creator.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think our attacking play has suffer a lot since we signed Lacazette. I think him and Giroud are at same level, with Laca being a better goalscorer but our attacking play was never so bad with Giroud.

And I didn't rate Giroud. Rated him probably least of anyone on this forum.
That is similar to Furious' point. Laca is a better goalscorer but he's not fast like Morata and Jesus, explosive and agile like Aguero or strong like Giroud and Lukaku.

Every good striker in our league has something physical that generates them a lot of chances.

That is similar to Furious' point. Laca is a better goalscorer but he's not fast like Morata and Jesus, explosive and agile like Aguero or strong like Giroud and Lukaku.

Every good striker in our league has something physical that generates them a lot of chances.

Laca looked strong in pre-season I felt. Thought he would be similar to Aguero in that terms.

But the two most shocking things about Laca for me to find out and really turned me off him was his lack of pace and his lack of horniness in the penalty area. I really was hoping for a real fox in the box type of player!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
PSG are about to play, I’m sure you’ll see one or two there.
Cavani scores a lot, but he also misses a lot and he's been like that since he was playing for Napoli.
People are just salty and need to point the finger at someone, so they pick Laca because of those two chances, but no one says anything about how Auba was invisible this game and, when moved on the left, he couldn't even cross the ball. Smh.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I can't believe people blame Lacazette for not scoring that chance...... it's a difficult chance and not even Henry at his prime is guaranteed to score it. You guys are setting yourself up to be disappointed if you expect Auba and Lacazette to mask how terrible our defense and midfield is.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Laca looks like a condemned man at the moment. He has a haunted, hunted look.

Hopefully he can score against Ostersunds. If not I'd put him in an easy games in the reserves to get him used to scoring again.

Disappointing how Auba was sent out to the wing when Laca came on, we should have gone 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom