• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think they'll go for someone like Jardim and try and replicate what he did at Monaco with Mislinat being tasked with finding good young players at a decent price. Could work or could be a disaster.
Think so too. Jardim would sell his mom to join Arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Carlo, Low, Rodgers etc? Terrible managers.

Even then, Low will want funding to bring in some Germans I think, don’t think he’ll get it by the sounds of it.
What makes Rodgers a terrible manager ?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
What makes Rodgers a terrible manager ?
I think Rodgers would be an interesting choice. He did turn Liverpool into a very good team that played some great stuff. Hard to really judge a manager of Celtic but he seems to have improved them somewhat.

Can`t think too much about who should come next though. Just feel sad for Wenger. I love the man but his time is up, hopefully he leaves this summer. No matter how it ends we should all be grateful for what he has given to our club.

Victarion

No one comes for two months, they will want multiple year contracts.

There is nothing to lose or gain now on wether Wenger goes now or in the summer. You just want to humiliate him, be honest?
Not at all, I'm not bothered about humiliating him, losing to City is hardly a sackable offence in my eyes, though I do think we'll do better without him and he shouldn't have been offered a new contract. I'm just pointing out that there is an argument for sacking him now beyond pointlessly humiliating him.

I'm sure there's a high profile manager who would become interim manager if we offer enough money, Wenger's one of the highest paid managers in the world after all. And like I say, there's still Henry! He could turn out to be the next Pep for all we know, so potentially it'd make sense to take a punt on someone like him until the end of the season.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I rate him. Not terrible but he’ll be a risk after what happened at Liverpool.
This is where what he achieved at Celtic comes into play.

An invincible treble. Wenger and the players all said it was difficult motivating them after the prize was won. Certainly Kolo says it.
I know few rate the Spl but imagine a league were 50% of players and fans supporterd Sp**s and the remaining supported you but for professional pride wanted to beat you. Very few teams in history do a league unbeaten I'm not sure if any have done every domestic trophy unbeaten. But that's Scotland. At the same time I can't ever remember a Scottish player from any league never mind Scotland itself having the best passing stats in the Cl.

I could go on. But I won't bother.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I think Rodgers would be an interesting choice. He did turn Liverpool into a very good team that played some great stuff. Hard to really judge a manager of Celtic but he seems to have improved them somewhat.

Can`t think too much about who should come next though. Just feel sad for Wenger. I love the man but his time is up, hopefully he leaves this summer. No matter how it ends we should all be grateful for what he has given to our club.
Trust me Rodgers transformed Celtic. See James Forest, Callum McGregor, Stuart Armstrong, Derek Boyota to name a few.

And if you don't see them they were donkey's before hand. Delia roared those guys squeaked Rodgers came and they feasted like lions.

Reactions: A_G

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I actually wanted Wenger to stay until the summer of this year because the names being thrown around last year were laughable. However, Giving him a two year extension was never gonna end well.

Arsenal were eliminated by a Championship side in the first round of the FA Cup. Outclassed by the best team in England in the League Cup final.
Ten points behind top four and Sp**s in the PL with 10 games still left.
An in form AC Milan in the EL wait for us and possibly to be followed by Atletico, Dortmund or Lyon.

This season has been atrocious and must be Wenger’s last!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Some of the names aren't serious simply because of a lack of experience, but i'm not sure why some of them get such ridicule (apart from Low, that guy is weird).

Put some respect on Carlo and Brendan's name, they're really nowhere near as bad as many on here claim. Carlo's forgotten more about football than we'll ever know and he managed one of the best club sides of this century, while Brendan's a solid Carnlough boy and a better manager than he was at Liverpool. Sure he was only 39 when he took over there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bring in Luis Enrique with Thierry as his assistant.

Surely Sanllehi will have some influence if Luis Enrique does come here.

Victarion

I can't see him retiring, since he sees that as a recipe for an early grave. Will he stay in this country, or will it be too difficult for him, what sort of teams would be in for him, and how would he do there?

I don't see him moving to a bigger team unless they sack their manager mid-season and he's available, and if he moves to a biggish team I think he'd get sacked fairly quickly.

I could see him doing alright at an Everton level team, for now at least, though he seems to be in decline as a manager, and I wish him well at his next team, assuming he does go on to manage somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom