• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

But is it actually simple? People want to know why the hell the new 50 million striker gets taken off on the 70th minute so regularly.

That link isn't working but in the article he said he substitutes him more because he's a forward and they typically get subbed more and tellingly he feels by no objective measure that he declines towards the 70th minute, not by fitness or anything that can has been measured just a bit of sharpness in his opinion.

When you are constantly taking off your 50 million pound forward who needs goals and who scored a large majority of his goals in the last 20 minutes last season because you think he's not as sharp in the last 20 minutes but it's not something that has been backed up by fitness stats, it strikes me as odd.

IslingtonBornandbred

Yes.

Lacazette needs to improve on his stamina as he adapts to the league. He needs a lot better stamina for next season.

But he doesn't have a problem with his stamina. Wenger said he doesn't decline by any objective measure which means it's a personal belief by Wenger but not something that can be backed up by any stats showing any decline during games.

But he doesn't have a problem with his stamina. Wenger said he doesn't decline by any objective measure which means it's a personal belief by Wenger but not something that can be backed up by any stats showing any decline during games.

Ok sure buddy, Wenger doesn't have problem with his stamina. I have.

Wenger has explained him self perfectly here. If you have problem with his management go learn coaching and hopefully you can get a manager position where you can let your striker run for 90 minutes non stop all games every season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Completely different situation. Do you even know what we are discussing? Sanchez was the league's top player for 3 years. What are you even on about?

Wasn’t even our top player for three years :lol:. One maybe. Never three.

We did more for him than he did for us in terms of getting the best out of him. Gave him ample freedom to **** up, which is basically what he needs. Which is basically why Barca sold him. Which is basically why he’s suffering now.

But hey, at least he ‘cared.’ I mean, he took off his gloves and threw them on the floor away to Bournemouth.

Maybe he would’ve stayed if he had friends!

IslingtonBornandbred

Ok sure buddy, Wenger doesn't have problem with his stamina. I have.

Wenger has explained him self perfectly here. If you have problem with his management go learn coaching and hopefully you can get a manager position where you can let your striker run for 90 minutes non stop all games every season.

Ok buddy.

Nah I'll just sub him off on 70 minutes every game to the point he looks fed up with it because of a hunch he lacks sharpness from the 70th minute onwards whilst pleasuring my French Lampost with game time so I can then sell him to a rival.

I'll wait two years to finally pay 50 million for Lacazette and then drop him for Liverpool and City away and substitute him more often than not around the 70th minute whether we are winning, losing or drawing and then discuss how he could be short of confidence to the press. You sign a 50 million pound striker to score goals. When you need a goal, you don't substitute him on 65-70 minutes. One chance, bang, goal then they start to flow in.

Wenger hasn't explained ****. He spent 50 million on a 26 year old striker who in his opinion can't last longer than 70 minutes because he believes that he lacks sharpness in this period but his fitness stats don't drop. On top of that, the French lamppost has been plodding about game after game season after season barely being able to move but of course he didn't get the same treatment. In fact, he was overplayed during some periods.

IslingtonBornandbred

Didn't bother reading your post but saw this. I disagree. Wenger has explained him self very well here.

He's given his explanation about why he substitutes Lacazette so often. It doesn't make him right or that everyone has to agree with him. He's explained himself and given his reasons. Wenger does a lot of talking without saying anything.

Last edited:

He's given his explanation about why he substitutes Lacazette so often. It doesn't make him right or that everyone has to agree with him. He's explained himself and given his reasons. Wenger does a lot of talking without saying anything. When he sorts out the defence, buys a proper defensive midfielder and has the team competing week in week out at the same intensity that's when I'll take Wenger seriously.

Yeah Wenger is the manager and he has given his explanation and I was saying they made perfect sense because all his critics has been saying the similar over the season on here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Get ****ed haters.

tenor.gif

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Issue has never been with Lacazette, both him and Aubameyang are quality. It's all about service and a proper attacking game plan.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
So happy he got his goal, respect to auba for forsaking a hattrick.

I think laca has struggled not only because of poor service but also the due to the lack of time on the ball you get in the PL esp when it comes to shooting. Instead if looking for the perfect opening he should have a crack even with half chances. That's what harry Kane does, bloody shoots from everywhere.

Yes its very cliche but to score goals you need to take shots!!

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He made more intelligent runs in his 20 mins than Auba made all game. Think next year our starting striker position will be the most hotly contested one.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He made more intelligent runs in his 20 mins than Auba made all game.
He was really involved and motivated throughout, even though the service during the first 15 minutes after coming on was atrocious. Bellerin ignored him two times and passed it to someone else and Laca was even shouting at him to give him the ball.
That's what he's been working with all season, sadly.
I think Laca would do better when playing with both Auba and Miki, because they can feed him in the box without hogging the ball for ages.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Our attack went multiple levels up as soon as he came. Goes on to show how effective playing with two strikers can be, when our opponents set up to defend. Hard for defenders to keep marking the strikers, when both of them are capable of taking good runs behind.

Our attack went multiple levels up as soon as he came. Goes on to show how effective playing with two strikers can be, when our opponents set up to defend. Hard for defenders to keep marking the strikers, when both of them are capable of taking good runs behind.

We werent playing with two strikers.

This might work against tired Stoke team. We will have to see if this work against top6 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom