• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We werent playing with two strikers.

This might work against tired Stoke team. We will have to see if this work against top6 teams.
I was talking about teams which are set up to defend which is true for most of the bottom 10 teams and manure. We can use this strategy during second half against these teams. Against top 6, the problem lies elsewhere. We get run over in the midfield. Hence we need some midfield reinforcements too.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Apparently 25 out of 410 career appearances is a long part

He has also been quite ineffective on the left throughout his career. I feel like people are getting carried away after today’s result. His goals came from a penalty and a corner. He only had that one chance when Butland saved it during the 30 minutes he was out wide. I think it will be a mistake to play him out wide.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Q2AUUPD.jpg

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He only had that one chance when Butland saved it during the 30 minutes he was out wide. I think it will be a mistake to play him out wide.
Before that he had 0 chances when playing up front. He also had another similar chance from an Iwobi through ball in his debut game against Everton.

He can get very isolated up front playing for us and out wide he gets to see more of the ball, but it really depends on the type of defense we're facing.
The point is that it's not wrong to play him there and it's probably the best way to incoporate him and Laca in the same setup since we don't have too many players in midfield who can play through passes specifically designed for his runs.

He'd be more dangerous in a counter-attacking team or City, but here he'll get frustrated a lot by the lack of service and switch positions on his own just to get a bit more action.

Token Yank

Hope that Aubameyang only took the first pen today to get over his miss against City.

Lacazette should definitely be our first choice taker when on the pitch. No ego about it, he’s absolutely lethal on the spot.
I love that stutter in the run up, sends keeper one way then just barries it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At least he smiling and look happy that what important. Really need him now in Europa he is our key player without auba

We have now until end of season to see if they fit together, where they will have to rotate througout matches in wing and striker position... Even then the sample pool we will have to judge will come from games where there is no pressure and we dont have many difficult games left.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Hope not, they should play both.
I'd rather a proper winger be brought in and have both of them compete for the starting striker role with judicious rotation. While they can both play on the wing, they can't do it at a high enough level. Even if they're played together, it should be one starting and the other brought on as a sub if we need goals, or to change the style of play. They can be our version of Aguero-Jesus. The striking position is the only one where I'm confident that we can match City.

BBF

Lacazette has had surgery, missed 2 months of football, and yet still scored more league goals than Giroud since he moved to Chelsea.

Lovely stuff.

He'll surpass his goal total in the league as well.

BBF

Apparently 25 out of 410 career appearances is a long part

I hope it's Lacazette on the left with Aubameyang in the middle. He's a better striker than Lacazette whilst Lacazette's more comfortable with carrying the ball.

Reactions: A_G

Zaza

I hope it's Lacazette on the left with Aubameyang in the middle. He's a better striker than Lacazette whilst Lacazette's more comfortable with carrying the ball.
Laca is a better finisher. Would've scored the chance Auba missed. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom